• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Congratulations! Well deserved and easily my GOTY.

Good job FromSoft, keep doing what you do best. ⚔ 💀

DLC would be great but sadly it doesn't seem to be on the radar. :(

That's pretty awesome.
Along with DMC5 (which just beats out Sekiro for my GOTY), it's now a part of my rotation of games, haven't gone more than a week or so without playing it, love the game. :D
While I probably prefer Bloodborne and Souls games overall, your Sekiro gifs are still my favourite thing that you do. They are absolutely incredible. ❤

Last edited:

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I started it and went up to the giant snake scene. Struggling to find time to dedicate to this game but hopeful to get back into it soon. Totally deserves it and i believe Sekiro 2 is almost confirmed at this point.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My second favorite game after Bloodborne, congrats Miyazaki!

Now, no sequel please! Miyazaki is at his best when creating brand new worlds. My only hope for him is new IP each and every time.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Activision be like:

source.gif

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Any chances this wins GOTY over death stranding?
Have a feeling even if ds's gameplay isnt that good it will win simply because of kojima's name on it, all the years of hype trailers at tga and its connection to geoff
Also dont think many of the gaming outlets thag vote are into sekiro

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations! Well deserved and easily my GOTY.

Good job FromSoft, keep doing what you do best. ⚔ 💀

DLC would be great but sadly it doesn't seem to be on the radar. :(

While I probably prefer Bloodborne and Souls games overall, your Sekiro gifs are still my favourite thing that you do. They are absolutely incredible. ❤
DlMyF9f.gif

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Another banger from From. I hope Eldin Ring does even better while changing up the formula more drastically.

om_devan

May 14, 2018
Superb!
I can't wait for more sequels.
One following the Return ending.
The other with character creation as Doujun's surviving experiment, the Ashina undying nationalist seeking revenge to the interior ministry!

Oct 25, 2017

I would say they wouldn't be excited, but hopefully they have realized every game doesn't need to sell 10 million copies. I doubt they would have made the deal if they felt that way though.

Any chances this wins GOTY over death stranding?
Have a feeling even if ds's gameplay isnt that good it will win simply because of kojima's name on it, all the years of hype trailers at tga and its connection to geoff
Also dont think many of the gaming outlets thag vote are into sekiro

The Witcher 3 beat Bloodborne so obviously that is not the deciding factor. DS isn't going to win GOTY simply because it's Kojima project either. It seems you have set up your bias reasoning/excuse up far in advance.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
The Witcher 3 beat Bloodborne so obviously that is not the deciding factor.
I dont get what you mean by this, wasnt tw3 also hyped over many years just like ds?
If you are talking about director creed (miyazaki leading bb and whoever did tw3 being more unknown) then you must realize that at the time miyazaki wasnt even that big of a name and, regardless, kojima's reach way overpowers any of that. He's even known by my non gamer friends

Not setting up any excuse. Ds is the only other game I've been looking for this year and I genuinely hope it turns out to be an incredible game. Maybe my goty over serkiro.
Was just trying to argument that so far i feel like the odds are a bit in favor of ds already despite it not having released yet.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm going to be "that guy", but I'm not sure if it's really -that- great tbh.
The game apparently started strong, with 2m in 10 days (back in 2015 Bloodborne sold north of 1m units in under two weeks, on a single platform), but here we are 5 months later at 3.8m, while DS3 sold 3m in just 1 month in 2016.
And that was before price drops or the dlc started.

For the very publicized "spiritual heir" to the Souls series, on multiple platforms, it's very "meh" imo. It's ok...
Not sure it really ignited the charts from Activision's point of view, but I guess the game sure could use some dlc (for which we haven't heard anything yet, perhaps indicating there won't be any, all the while From is busy pushing their next game).

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
That's some solid numbers already. Purchased my copy a few weeks ago so I guess that'll add up. The game will surely sell a lot more, especially once it hits the sales. Well done, From Software!

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I guess I'm going to be "that guy", but I'm not sure if it's really -that- great tbh.
The game apparently started strong, with 2m in 10 days (back in 2015 Bloodborne sold north of 1m units in under two weeks, on a single platform), but here we are 5 months later at 3.8m, while DS3 sold 3m in just 1 month in 2016.
And that was before price drops or the dlc started.

For the very publicized "spiritual heir" to the Souls series, on multiple platforms, it's very "meh" imo. It's ok...
Not sure it really ignited the charts from Activision's point of view, but I guess the game sure could use some dlc (for which we haven't heard anything yet, perhaps indicating there won't be any, all the while From is busy pushing their next game).

It's ~3 months, it's in the op: "Sekiro has sold 3.8 million copies worldwide as of june 30th"

These are great numbers for a new IP.