• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
60ade0f3ly1g5thl7hjb8j20oz0i9jwh.jpg

According to the financial report of Kadokawa,(fromsoftware's parent company)Sekiro has sold 3.8 million copies worldwide as of june 30th

Last edited:

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Still no DLC ? Shame.

Never expected the game to sold so many copies that fast. I guess that no real competition at launch + that controversy about the game's difficulty helped.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Congratulations FromSoftware. Definitely my GotY so far.

Could I have a short (but sweet) DLC chapter now? Lady Tomoe boss fight, please <_>

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't finish it (stopped just before the last few bosses), but I loved it anyway. Hopeful for a sequel!

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
So deserving.

It's a shame the difficulty of these games prevent more people of enjoying them and bask in the exceptional design.

Edit: I'm wondering if FROM is toning down the difficulty in Elden Ring, since they have the added reach thanks to Martin.

aLoneWalker

Attempted to create multiple alt accounts
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
I didn't expect this but I'm very happy with that result.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah that's impressive.

From Software has gained a huge following. They have been very succesful this generation, wonder what Elden Rings can do

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing game. Please no more Souls games. FROM has so much more potential to deliver a variety of amazing games.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
3.5m people who probably cheated not only the game, but themselves. They didn't grow. They didn't improve. They took a shortcut and gained nothing. They experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that they don't know the difference.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
This and DMC 5 having high sales gives me hope for more character action games.

Also can't wait for Elden Ring

OP
OP
leon9506

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
So deserving.

It's a shame the difficulty of these games prevent more people of enjoying them and bask in the exceptional design.

Edit: I'm wondering if FROM is toning down the difficulty in Elden Ring, since they have the added reach thanks to Martin.

Probably the same as in Dark Souls, you can summon your way out of trouble or overlevel.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, what about Yoshi lmao
Yoshi sold 1.1 million in three days, but was not in the top 10 Switch software list as of June 30th. Number 10 on that list is at 2.75 million, so Yoshi is somewhere between 1.1 and 2.74 million.

Sekiro is on three platforms, so divide 3.8 million by three and you get an average of 1.26 per platform. Yoshi has almost certainly topped that number if it did 1.1 million the opening weekend. Also keep in mind that Sekiro has been out a week longer, and was released at a colder time where people were more likely to stay inside and play games.

YOSHI WON

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
How does this compare to other From games?

I know Bloodborne is exclusive, but didn't that sell around 2 million?

Oct 25, 2017

It was a little over 2 million at the end of the year.

Sekiro could be at five million by then if they put it on sale. Supper happy to see this game doing so well. My GotY and I doubt that will change, though games like Death Stranding and DOOM Eternal could have a shot.

It also shows that people are eager to play something new from From, so I hope they'll keep making new IP and dabble in other genres other than action RPGs.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshi sold 1.1 million in three days, but was not in the top 10 Switch software list as of June 30th. Number 10 on that list is at 2.75 million, so Yoshi is somewhere between 1.1 and 2.74 million.

Sekiro is on three platforms, so divide 3.8 million by three and you get an average of 1.26 per platform. Yoshi has almost certainly topped that number if it did 1.1 million the opening weekend. Also keep in mind that Sekiro has been out a week longer, and was released at a colder time where people were more likely to stay inside and play games.

YOSHI WON
Did it sell more? No, ok.

Only info I can find for DS3 is on wikipedia and that obv sold more by now.

Souls games selling insanely well on PC is probably what contributes to the mutliplat ones selling as good.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Pretty great! I think it's well deserved and a fantastic game. I wonder if it'll make Activision Blizzard interested in publishing more titles like it. Or if it didn't meet their lofty goals or something.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved, great game. It's always good to see games like this sell well; gives me hope.