• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Due to the difficulty, I might look up the locations of all the prosthetic tools in the early game so at least I'm not making it that much harder for myself by missing crucial abilities. I hate to do it but... it's not like missing a more powerful sword in Dark Souls. You need this shit.
Tbh it's true. I've made due but I know I've missed a lot of stuff.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up beating the shinobi hunter by just kiting him really far away from the rest of his allies. Felt pretty cheesy. Its weird how you don't get locked into the boss arena in this game.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can I reread tutorials somewhere? Or can someone please tell me again the different types of danger attacks?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know why you would want to purchase a coin purse for more than what's in it? The light one costs $110 and gives you $100

There is no reason. Just think of the guy you're doing business with. He's scummy.
There's another merchant that sells them for 100, and that can work as a safety net by "storing" your money so it doesn't get eaten through deaths

benj

Oct 27, 2017
early? mid? game? spoiler

for abandoned dungeon
how am I supposed to help Dosaku? he gives me a note saying he wants a tough man. i think im a tough man, but i cant do anything with him. do i need more prayer bead upgrades or something? i have 3 or 4
bump

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, English language or Japanese? I find that the Japanese fits the game, of course, but English voices were always pretty damn good in the Souls games & Bloodborne.

Oct 26, 2017
Miyazaki "GOTCHA YA... AGAIN!!"

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, it was too easy despite being awesome. CUT AN APES HEAD OFF, SHINOBI EXECUTED. Wait a second wheres my memory, wait look at that neck, OMG HES GETTING BACK UP AND AHHHHHH

combat arts showcase

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
made a vid showcasing all the combat arts for y'all that are understandably confused by them, the game doesn't do a good job of explaining them with images alone. would appreciate it if you could put it somewhere in the OP janusff :D

this is the first time i've uploaded a yt video in like 6 years so forgive the shit editing.

i seriously love how kinetic the combat feels in this game.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
IxibglQ.gif

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
made a vid showcasing all the combat arts for y'all that are understandably confused by them, the game doesn't do a good job of explaining them with images alone. would appreciate it if you could put it somewhere in the OP janusff :D

this is the first time i've uploaded a yt video in like 6 years so forgive the shit editing.

went ahead and made this a threadmark ;) good job btw
god damn. I need to work on my skill tree when i play next

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Any tips for the blue guy by the
3 story pagoda
? Like 2 hits and I'm dead
I went back to him after one more sword upgrade, and it really helped a lot. What I did was use the sugar that reduced the damage to my health, used a lot of ash and each time I got two hits on him at least. If you have a spare pallet or two it would help a lot too. I dodged more than I deflected for what it's worth.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm not feeling it so far. Sekiros idea of difficulty is "let's put half a dozen enemies around this mini boss" and it sucks.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Lots of spoilers out in the open here. Please tag everything, people. If you don't know how to tag for spoilers, PM me and I'll show you.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How good is the game? It wasn't on my radar at all but I feel it is getting very good reviews so I might change my opinion.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017

Props. But i can't watch that yet . .. .

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been past the cave, I can't find where I'm supposed to go next though, I'm going in circles.

There is a broken bridge after the miniboss area after the ogre. Fall down to the left of that and there should be a sculpture checkpoint. You will need to grapple and sneak your way through a canyon with a giant enemy. At the end of the canyon you'll find a way up to another sculpture and the next section of the level.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
The Shinobi Hunter is this games Capra Demon lol, I've just beat him after dying about 5 times at least the run up is easy... You either git gud or give up. It would also help if I learned to do the Mikiri counter properly...

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
This game is truly frustrating, second time since starting it today that I have to save and quit just to vent. I'm conflicted I don't feel the same awesome feeling I had with DS or Bloodborne games, not really having a good time, perhaps this is just way too hard for me. :(

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How good is the game? It wasn't on my radar at all but I feel it is getting very good reviews so I might change my opinion.
It's a near masterpiece with some misfires compared to Miyazaki's other games, but overall it's a magnificent game with incredible combat. It deserves it's scores.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm not feeling it so far. Sekiros idea of difficulty is "let's put half a dozen enemies around this mini boss" and it sucks.

The drunkard?

Sneak up the left side, kill two, backstab the shield guy, kill all the adds solo (axe on shield guys, the others are easy) then activate the npc. should be easy after that

It's not like many encounters are like that and it has a way to swing it in your favour, so it isn't cheap.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Guys, jump over the bull when it's charging at you, made the boss super easy. Firecrackers help a lot too.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Shinobi Hunter is this games Capra Demon lol, I've just beat him after dying about 5 times at least the run up is easy... You either git gud or give up. It would also help if I learned to do the Mikiri counter properly...

its B for Mikiri Counter btw, not LB, aka its the dodge button. The timing is super generous, I died like 3 or 4 times because I ddint read the tooltip and kept trying to LB.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
The drunkard?

Sneak up the left side, kill two, backstab the shield guy, kill all the adds solo (axe on shield guys, the others are easy) then activate the npc. should be easy after that

It's not like many encounters are like that and it has a way to swing it in your favour, so it isn't cheap.
Shinobi Hunter before that was exactly the same.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm like 6 hours in and I haven't found any use for money. Is there a store coming up? Am I missing anything?
I'm at the
Burning Bull (?) fight
and since I spent some time grinding levels for a useless combat art I now have a bunch of cash. I don't really mind loosing it but is there a store or something?
Also where the hell do I find Snap Sneed? I haven't found any since that dude gave me one.

The way I beat him was
sneak up on the left, throw a shard at the shield guy and walk back. Wait for the shield guy to come investigate and backstab him. Throwing the shard also makes the boss stand up and walk around a bit, so just sprint behind him and backstab him. Then just round around throw the buildings you came through and pick off all the enemies standing around (starting with the bow guy). When everybody is gone, activate the NPC.
But yeah, those fights are annoying as hell

Dec 6, 2017
US
The grappling hook attack is fucking useless, or am I missing something?

Maybe you're talking about something else but I didn't get what the grappling against Ogre for example even did? If I attempted it, he'd just grab attack me as soon as I landed in front of him after a hit or two it seemed.

Whirl wind slash. It even does chip damage if they block it. So I let them attack, whiff me, I whirl wind, hit em, run and repeat. I'm a ninja not a samurai. I rarely ever get posture kills, only straight health kills.

Ah yeah...you did mention earlier how useful it is. I was using it against the Ogre after blasting him with fire crackers several times per fight. I gotta get it down to where I start the attack as they're still in the middle of whiffing.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
There is a broken bridge after the miniboss area after the ogre. Fall down to the left of that and there should be a sculpture checkpoint. You will need to grapple and sneak your way through a canyon with a giant enemy. At the end of the canyon you'll find a way up to another sculpture and the next section of the level.
Thank you very much!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Maybe you're talking about something else but I didn't get what the grappling against Ogre for example even did? If I attempted it, he'd just grab attack me as soon as I landed in front of him after a hit or two it seemed.

There's a skill you can spend points on that makes you do a much stronger attack out of grappling hook points. I unlocked it after those bosses but now I'm thinking they'd be pretty strong if I had it for those fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.