• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been rounding up mini bosses, and I think I've beaten just about every possible one, at least on this playthrough.

I used a list to get the last 5 beads and I unlocked the path to the bonus boss. Ouch.

Back to trying to beat the last boss 🤷‍♂️

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Tried several more times. Fuck this boss. Probably the most angry I've been my whole playthrough. That fucking terror spray...

Did you manage the two deathblows? Once you get hang of those, you can practice the third easier.

On the other hand, did not know about the spray. As soon as the sign flashed I was behind the boss. Moving forward and double-tapping dodge.
Thought it was poison......

Jul 20, 2018
I feel like we saw him in a little more open area in one of the trailers or game play areas, but my memory might be failing there.

I know for sure they moved the Ogre and that spot is such a downgrade. That crater was the perfect area to deal with his move set.

The TGS trailer showed him fighting one on a certain bridge where we now fight a different miniboss.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm convinced my purple umbrella is broken. Why are these ghostly attacks from schichimen still getting through it?

"When spread open it'll protect from attacks from all directions"

Except for those ghost balls that still go through and the lightning bolt that hit me from a different NPC?

What is going with this game rn

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deathblow riiiight

The Long-arm Gentipede Giraffe miniboss is absolute bullshit. Has nothing to do with parry skill (it's easy), but you're in such a small area you're easily fucked by the camera. Why From and Platinum still haven't figured this is out is insane.

Yeah camera is still shit. Better than BB and DS3 but once you step outside showdown style of play it's a mess.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played much since the weekend, but last night I had a few hours to myself and I took down 3 bosses.

Lady Butterfly, Gyoubu, and the giant bull. Was the bull a true boss? I don't remember.

Also, talk about a missed opportunity for a grapple enemy. Why can you grapple Gyoubu, but not the bull with a giant tree trunk stuf to its horns? /boggle

I know I'm still early in the game, but this game continues to awe. It's hard as fuck, but so rewarding once you "get it". Hopefully I have time to play tonight, because it was hard to put down last night. Had to force myself to go to bed.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm gonna be stuck at the final boss for days. Which I literally have been stuck there for a couple of days lol.

Giving characters ambiguous/extremely similar start-up animations for attacks that require entirely different counters on your part is just evil. More than evil, kinda garbage game design frankly.

Should I be deflecting with this or just sheltering and hitting RB?

Just sheltering and hitting RB indeed.

Jul 20, 2018
I haven't played much since the weekend, but last night I had a few hours to myself and I took down 3 bosses.

Lady Butterfly, Gyoubu, and the giant bull. Was the bull a true boss? I don't remember.

Also, talk about a missed opportunity for a grapple enemy. Why can you grapple Gyoubu, but not the bull with a giant tree trunk stuf to its horns? /boggle

I know I'm still early in the game, but this game continues to awe. It's hard as fuck, but so rewarding once you "get it". Hopefully I have time to play tonight, because it was hard to put down last night. Had to force myself to go to bed.

Regarding your question, no it's not.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm gonna be stuck at the final boss for days. Which I literally have been stuck there for a couple of days lol.

Giving characters ambiguous/extremely similar start-up animations for attacks that require entirely different counters on your part is just evil. More than evil, kinda garbage game design frankly.

Just sheltering and hitting RB indeed.

As with all bosses, you just have to learn his attacks. He's not that bad honestly. Once I understood each move and what to do, the fight became way more manageable.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Did you manage the two deathblows? Once you get hang of those, you can practice the third easier.

On the other hand, did not know about the spray. As soon as the sign flashed I was behind the boss. Moving forward and double-tapping dodge.
Thought it was poison......

I'm pretty sure it's because instead of dodging it I'm jumping straight backwards, which is what I do when I'm at middle range. But when you go in close for some hits and then it sprays, jumping back just gets you killed.

The problem is, this boss is 100% about not dodging cause of how fucking large a reach its attacks have. So my brain has a matter of seconds to work out that instead of a devestating overhead attack or a wide sweep, it's about to spray your ass so DON'T parry and DON'T jump, but dodge toward it.

I'm sure I'll get it first try tomorrow but now I'm going to bed.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As with all bosses, you just have to learn his attacks. He's not that bad honestly. Once I understood each move and what to do, the fight became way more manageable.
I'm learning with every death as always, but I still fall prey to the occasional ambiguous setup from this cunt.

And also

It's extremely frustrating and annoying as fuck that I'm forced to go through that fucking jobber Genichiro every single time. Nothing but a waste of time.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm learning with every death as always, but I still fall prey to the occasional ambiguous setup from this cunt.

And also

It's extremely frustrating and annoying as fuck that I'm forced to go through that fucking jobber Genichiro every single time. Nothing but a waste of time.

Agreed. He's such a pushover, why even make us start with that?

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can somebody explain to me the
how the Great Carp quest plays out? Is there a benefit to keeping him alive instead of poisoning him? As far as I can tell you don't get the battle memory from him, right? I don't care about the trophy, I just wan't the quest to play out the most beneficial way. And both Pot Noble seem sketchy as fuck, so I don't know if I should go with either of them. Halp!

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody explain to me the
how the Great Carp quest plays out? Is there a benefit to keeping him alive instead of poisoning him? As far as I can tell you don't get the battle memory from him, right? I don't care about the trophy, I just wan't the quest to play out the most beneficial way. And both Pot Noble seem sketchy as fuck, so I don't know if I should go with either of them. Halp!

eeeh, we don't really have a lot of background info on the carp. For all you know, it's a former pot noble as well, seeing as how both apparently can become great carps themselves.

If you do nothing for neither of the nobles, then the quest doesn't really play out, I think.

If you feed it the bait, at least you can give peace to the guy looking after it.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Ok, I have a question about one of the Endings.

I'm trying to get the very good ending (Dragon's homecoming) but I think I'm stuck. I know I have to make the Divine child move to the halls of illusions where I should give her the Snake hearts but I think she is stuck in the Inner Sanctum. I have given her a persimmon and received rice for Kuro which I gave to him (and then ate it). What else do I need to do? I haven't battled the Dragon yet.

If someone could help I'd appreciate it!
You should have also a true persimmon form another side quest. I think I fed her 2 normal ones and the true one

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Deathblow riiiight

The Long-arm Gentipede Giraffe miniboss is absolute bullshit. Has nothing to do with parry skill (it's easy), but you're in such a small area you're easily fucked by the camera. Why From and Platinum still haven't figured this is out is insane.
I have to imagine they realize that the camera is sub-par in those scenarios, but I think the idea behind putting a boss like that in a small arena is to force players to face him head on.
Wait so did I get the right ending? To clarify, is this the true canon ending?
Immortal Severance. Kuro asks sekiro to kill him which he does and becomes maybe a new sculptor?
I don't know if it's the canon ending, but that's the ending that most players will get on their first playthrough.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
that's fair. Btw its not just the bosses (
The Owl and the last boss
) that make me dislike the last third, the whole
world state change, especially the second one with the outskirts on fire, completely changes the game into something it was not for the majority of it. You cannot stealth anymore, you cant freely explore, well you CAN, if you're godlike at the game and dont mind going into open combat in all that chaos, which im sure some of you youngsters are, but as someone that did EVERYTHING until then, it really bummed me out I couldnt play like I had been playing, I didnt even bother with the mini bosses in the outskirts (I saw at least another drunkard and ogre there as I was sprinting to the demon idol). My favorite part of any souls game, ironically, are not the bosses but the exploration and controlled combat, which Sekiro excelled at imo until then
. Take that away from me and I'm not happy :)

but hey, opinions etc.

? I stealth killed almost every single enemy in the
end-game outskirts.
It felt no different than the rest of the game as far as that is concerned.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
Endgame (optional?)boss spoiler:
demon of hate is something else. You can actually use the flute to stun him for a few seconds. Can wipe 30% of his life that way.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm approaching the end game and Nioh's Hino and Tachibana were harder than any Sekiro boss fight so far, although I heard scary things about the last boss. The difficulty is overstated.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I reached the final boss yesterday but I'm doing all the end-game content that I can before trying my hand at him.
Today has been so fun. I wiped out like 5 or 6 mini-bosses in quick succession like they were nothing. I have almost all the prayer beads. The last few must be scattered around the world I guess since I don't think there's anyone left for me to defeat.
I have one last main boss I need to take care of
(the fire demon thing)
and then I'll try to beat the game tonight. I do feel super powerful right now but I'm sure the final boss will humble me, hah.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The lore dump after fighting
Genichiro was actually a really pleasant change of pace. Okami has some good moments with Kuro and the setup for what I assume is the last half of the game seemed pretty intriguing. I hope FROM continues with this style of storytelling for their future games. Even though they're telling a more direct narrative here, it doesn't take away from their excellent lore and world building one bit.

poofynamanama2 And now you've spoiled it for everyone else who hadn't read whatever it is you're referring to. Good work pal.

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuuck, just beat the final boss.

I live for these boss finishers, they're so goddamn satisfying. From needs to put these in other games, it adds a true sense of impact and finality to the bosses.

Gonna review my footage. It was a bit too messy for my liking and I ended up using rice and the Buddha statues to replenish revives, but it's done.

I'll try my hand at the bonus boss.

Oct 28, 2017
So.. there is supposed to be a 1.03 patch out for Sekiro on ps4/xbox. Lots of fixes it seems. For example:
  • Fixed low framerate/stuttering issues.

http://updatecrazy.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-update-version-1-03-patch-details/

However my version stands @1.02 and when i check psn it says I have the latest version. I am on Ps4 in Europe..

Anyone actually got this patch?
Having the same issue (PS4/EU), I tried to check for an update about 2 days ago when I saw it mentioned in this thread but it still says 1.02 is the latest.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On my fourth playthrough for the fourth ending. Almost platinumed it

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How would you people rate the difficult of this game?

On par with the souls game? Bloodborne (i find it easier than the trilogy)?

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I'm approaching the end game and Nioh's Hino and Tachibana were harder than any Sekiro boss fight so far, although I heard scary things about the last boss. The difficulty is overstated.

The last boss is not that difficult, there's a secret boss with garbage hitboxes, this is a Dark Souls boss in Sekiro and feels so wrong.

More challenging than DS and BB, but the mechanics are better and if you are used at action games it's not hard.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last boss is not that difficult, there's a secret boss with garbage hitboxes, this is a Dark Souls boss in Sekiro and feels so wrong.
Cool, thanks. I'd definitely love to be able to beat the game. I'm not having many difficulties at the moment. The
first Guardian Ape
fight was definitely the most annoying fight so far.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When you learn the mechanics, it gets easy enough. As long as you don't play it like Souls game, and pay attention to what Sekiro wants you to do, as in play aggressive plus deflect, I'd say first playthrough was pretty challenging, NG+ really isn't

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Rising on normal difficulty was about as hard as this to be honest. Maybe slightly easier, but not by much. I've yet to encounter boss fights as hard as the last two in MGR.

Status
Not open for further replies.