• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
I've rung that bell and have kept it on. Anyone else do that? I like seeing all the extra items I get from enemies, so much scrap iron.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes i agree.

Did you beat the Ape in the second encounter?
Yes, on my third try yesterday actually, after believing it was impossible on my first try. Turns out it was the first form that fucked me over
in the first fight.
I also had the umbrella that blocks terror damage which made the fight easy.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Yes, on my third try yesterday actually, after believing it was impossible on my first try. Turns out it was the first form that fucked me over
in the first fight.
I also had the umbrella that blocks terror damage which made the fight easy.

Good job, i used the umbrella as well :D

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I used to spam R1 at times, which fucked me up.

Do just 1-2 swings, with a slight delay between each attack. Even when he's open.

Also keep in mind; if you are superclose to him and the warning sign pops; you can stagger it with ONE really quick strike and thereby cancel it.
It's risky though. Safest is jump, since he will sweep.
How much attack power do you have? I feel I hardly put a dent into this guy which makes the fight so crazy long.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, beat MGR on normal and I find Sekiro way harder.

Different things are difficult for different people, some people think Dark Souls 2 is easier than 1, some people think the opposite.
I find difficulty reports on Souls games to be highly unreliable, because the games are samey as fuck (from a gameplay POV) and your skill clearly transfers over from one game to the other. So claiming DaS2 is easier than DaS1, after you spent 200h on the first game, is just not very valuable insight.

Of course you're right, that I might have just not been accustomed to MGR's gameplay. The last boss was amazing, but boy was it hard.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any awful boss runs in this game? All the ones I've encountered so far are really quick to get back. I've only done two real bosses though.

Siggy

Dec 12, 2017
MGR was pretty tough. You misremember.
No, it's a pretty easy game on Normal. It's more or less the tutorial for the real modes. Parrying was ridiculously easy, gave you free bullet time for instant kills, you could regain large amounts of health from those kills, there was no posture metre to deal with, and so on. Getting pure S ranks on all missions is probably harder than Sekiro, but you're not expected to do a perfect playthrough in either game.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I find difficulty reports on Souls games to be highly unreliable, because the games are samey as fuck (from a gameplay POV) and your skill clearly transfers over from one game to the other. So claiming DaS2 is easier than DaS1, after you spent 200h on the first game, is just not very valuable insight.

Of course you're right, that I might have just not been accustomed to MGR's gameplay. The last boss was amazing, but boy was it hard.

Same, literally jumped out of my chair when I beat him.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I dunno, beat MGR on normal and I find Sekiro way harder.

Different things are difficult for different people, some people think Dark Souls 2 is easier than 1, some people think the opposite.
I think the parry mechanic in MGR was even trickier, 'cause you had to attack in the direction of an incoming hit instead of just parrying with one button press. That being said, I also don't recall MGR being anywhere near Sekiro in terms of difficulty.

eeeh, we don't really have a lot of background info on the carp. For all you know, it's a former pot noble as well, seeing as how both apparently can become great carps themselves.

If you do nothing for neither of the nobles, then the quest doesn't really play out, I think.

If you feed it the bait, at least you can give peace to the guy looking after it.

I'm always paranoid about quests like this in From games, always feel like I can't trust anyone and I'm screwing myself (or an innocent NPC) by siding with someone. Oh well, I guess I'll toss a coin then lol. Thanks!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How would you people rate the difficult of this game?

On par with the souls game? Bloodborne (i find it easier than the trilogy)?
It's the hardest game in the series in terms of mainline story content. Parts of the Bloodborne DLC are more difficult for sure but the majority of Sekiro asks more of the player than 90% of the content in base Bloodborne.

The moment-to-moment gameplay however in Sekiro is satisfying as hell and the deathblows in particular really punctuate a lot of the smaller battles with a feeling of satisfaction/accomplishment. The PvE gameplay in the prior games is nowhere near is dynamic or engaging.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Guardian Ape sucks. Every boss that breaks the camera or takes place in enclosed areas feels so much worse. It would help tremendously if you could lock on to bosses without them being on screen to quickly put them back into focus but nope.

So far it feels like the game peaked at Genichiro in terms of boss quality.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I defeat
O'Rin of the water
?
Try a mix of jump attack moves and getting behind the boss. For some reason that boss gets confused, otherwise attacked once, if they disappear, run after them and attack. Use shurikens too if you want or the feather tool (forgot name but the one makes you disappear even after getting hit.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do I defeat
O'Rin of the water
?
Sorry for a boring answer, but git gud at parrying. You could use confetti to increase your damage output, but personally I wasted a bunch on her in a couple of early attempts, and it didn't give me much advantage 'cause I still missed a few of her attacks and would just die. So I'd say just get used to her attack patterns and parry. For perilous attacks, don't dodge, double jump instead to do some posture damage. Maybe use the sugar to slow down your own posture build up. I didn't use any offensive prosthetics, only the mist raven, but I imagine that firecrackers should be able to stun her for a bit, they tend to work well.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I need advice on which way to go after killing a boss early in the game (I think?).

So, I just killed the fire bull and I have three way to go. I can go to Ashina Castle, I can go back to the first area of the game where I can fight a boss with a spear or I can go in abandoned dungeon where zombies litteraly eating my health. What is the "correct" order? I don't want to miss anything.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need advice on which way to go after killing a boss early in the game (I think?).

So, I just killed the fire bull and I have three way to go. I can go to Ashina Castle, I can go back to the first area of the game where I can fight a boss with a spear or I can go in abandoned dungeon where zombies litteraly eating my health. What is the "correct" order? I don't want to miss anything.
I'd kill the
spear guy
and then proceed through Ashina castle. Leave the
abandoned dungeon
for later.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long did it take you to get all the upgrades and skills?
Upgrades are really easy. You have to farm Mercury though but there is an easy spot in the later game you can do. However you must do a minimum 2 playthrough for upgrades and get at least 5 of the Lazulite. They're pretty easy to get but you have to know how to. Some other special materials are required as well which can be found in specific areas.
Skills will be my last trophy. I unfortunately spent them before looking at my trophies lol but that will take some farm and time

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Go to Ashina Castle first and spear or do the spear first and Ashina, doesn't matter a lot in the end

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, I feel like talking about the game lore a bit. Final playtime: 42h.

As always, there's a feeling of deep history to the world and the way characters are rooted in it. I started to pay more attention to it after giving sake to Isshin and he started reminiscing how him, the Owl, the sculptor and Emma's master were all friends.

I liked that the headless were all fallen heroes and how some of the more simple enemies had a bit of personality added to them through eavesdropping.

I like how the sword Saint was basically Musashi and his constant lust for battle and war, but with no real malice. A funny description is the one from Dragon Flash "He often ruminated on how a cut should be made, but his blade always moved first."

The fact that the Dragon's Heritage came from the West is very interesting, considering it didn't originate in Japan.

I'll try offering more sake to Emma and the Sculptor in a second playthrough. I already got a bit of info out of them, but I'll gladly take more.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I can get past the first two health bars but once I get to the third I usually have no gourd left =(

I must have got really lucky. I had one revive and two gourds left for form 3, which usually means nothing because he can kill in like 2 hits. BUT my saving grace was I got two Lightning counters in a row and that put a huge dent in his posture, so I was able to pull out the win with some safe shielding and getting in hits when I could.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any point in playing through the estate flashback again when doing ng+? Maybe just for materials?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at what I think is the final boss of the first area
huge samurai dude on a horse
and I just want to make sure I'm understanding the parry system correctly.

Basically you just stay locked on to the enemy and hold block, only letting go and tapping for a split second when an enemy's attack is about to hit. If you get a nice orange glow, that means you did it right.

As for the "red letter" unblockable attacks, I have a pretty good handle on them I think.

Also, I beat two samurai generals and the chained ogre, which means I have 3/4 pearls required for an upgrade. Did I miss something for the fourth? I'm not trying to fuck with the headless thing right now.

Oct 25, 2017
How would you people rate the difficult of this game?

On par with the souls game? Bloodborne (i find it easier than the trilogy)?

The early game will be very rough until you can get used to the game and the fact that it doesn't play like Souls. Once you do overcome that initial challenge, it's on par with Bloodborne, imo.

But it can't be stated enough how much of a challenge it is at first, I probably died more on my first boss fight than in the entirety of my first playthrough of Bloodborne, but after that I've been killing every boss without too much trouble, dying once at most. There's an optional Hard Mode in case you also find yourself in this position, and I really recommend it.

Just found
the ceremonial tanto... this is a game changer for me, now i feel more encouraged to use moves with higher spirit emblems cost
This item is AMAZING.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I would go to Ashina Castle first and if you have difficulty with the final confrontation of that area then I'd spend some time exploring some of the other zones. There are goodies you can find elsewhere to make the bosses you be banging your head against easier.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm at what I think is the final boss of the first area
huge samurai dude on a horse
and I just want to make sure I'm understanding the parry system correctly.

Basically you just stay locked on to the enemy and hold block, only letting go and tapping for a split second when an enemy's attack is about to hit. If you get a nice orange glow, that means you did it right.

As for the "red letter" unblockable attacks, I have a pretty good handle on them I think.

Also, I beat two samurai generals and the chained ogre, which means I have 3/4 pearls required for an upgrade. Did I miss something for the fourth? I'm not trying to fuck with the headless thing right now.

I don't mean this in a smartass tone but did you do all the training tutorials at the hub yet? Those are super useful if you haven't yet.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Without spoiling anything, you could pretty much get all trophies/achievements in two playthroughs.
Important note, two praying beads are locked behind working towards a specific ending. If you're trying to max your health, keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.