• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Prepare to 死

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
France
imo that's the hardest boss in the game
Yeah he's a bastard.
First form is easy. Second form I can manage somewhat. Third form... Not so much, lol.
You could always wait until after to fight it. It doesn't plop you right into ng+
You can see the ending and then continue playing on in that play through before going to NG+.
Hmm i suggest everyone to beat him playthrough one. He's a lot tougher in NG+
Ah, thanks. I should be used to new game plus being an option by now and not something automatic, not sure why I thought otherwise.

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for the Lone Swordsman? He's been wrecking me for a good hour now. Parrying him does fuck all but make my posture go down and I can barely touch his vitality.

Can easily say this is the hardest fight so far. Lady Butterfly took a long time, but the fight was easily understandable and always seemed reasonable. This just seems ridiculous.
Throw shurikens while he's jumping around? You can also Mikiri his thrust kick. You have the initiative in terms of attacking, then during orange flash you he'll counter with a spinning drop kick. If you're losing posture, that means you're not deflecting him correctly. Also, you can drop from above for a free deathblow.

Oct 27, 2017
Legit the only "minibosses" or whatever in this game that have given me any trouble are those assholes with the terror-inducing beams. You can't even cheese them because it goes through EVERYTHING.

DFG

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, do tell me more please.

Also, thanks for the XP reply.
With the spear phase, stay at a good distance while running, when he does his jump slam move, he'll close the gap by attacking right after his jump move, at this point you can hit him with anything but only once. Hold attack button, then run away. Do it again.

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting seeing some comments about the game opening up or changing after Genchiro. I got to him a long time ago but left him alone thinking it could be the last boss. So now Im 30+ hours in and just checking out all of these other areas and what feels like tons of side bosses, etc. Maybe Ill just head back to Genchiro and kill him to see what everyone is talking about.

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting seeing some comments about the game opening up or changing after Genchiro. I got to him a long time ago but left him alone thinking it could be the last boss. So now Im 30+ hours in and just checking out all of these other areas and what feels like tons of side bosses, etc. Maybe Ill just head back to Genchiro and kill him to see what everyone is talking about.
Hahaha no. He's the halfway point marker tbh, game opens up even more after that.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
i am enjoying it much more than Bloodborne, it is subjective but i like everything more about Sekiro from combat to aesthetics.
It took me a little while to get there, but I'm feeling the same way. Combat is so much better, and not having the luxury of iframes forces you to play differently and more tangibly engage in a new and exciting way. I absolutely love the way some of the bosses come in and announce themselves. It's so memorable and badass, like this perfect mix of a Kurosawa epic and the rawness of Kawajiri (Ninja Scroll). The game also seems to be more dialogue-heavy, which I like. While the relative solitude of past games is what helped define their world and atmosphere, I'm appreciating the contrast here.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to the final boss finally. Tried it 3 or 4 times, doesn’t actually seem tooooo bad, just hits hard.

Genichiro is a total jobber, which actually feels good to come around on since his pattern is basically engrained on my memory still.

Isshin has some funky timings but atleast for the first phase is open a lot. Spear thing seems like the main difficulty in the fight but I’m already able to get to it pretty painlessly.

Should be able to handle it when I get off work.

The final optional boss though...fuck that.

DFG

Oct 25, 2017
Legit the only "minibosses" or whatever in this game that have given me any trouble are those assholes with the terror-inducing beams. You can't even cheese them because it goes through EVERYTHING.
Don't you run to the side and towards him? He shouldn't be able to hit you. Also if you stand point blank in front of his face, he can't hit you with the beam so just spam away with divine attacks

Oct 28, 2017
Any tips for the Lone Swordsman? He's been wrecking me for a good hour now. Parrying him does fuck all but make my posture go down and I can barely touch his vitality.

Can easily say this is the hardest fight so far. Lady Butterfly took a long time, but the fight was easily understandable and always seemed reasonable. This just seems ridiculous.
I would stun him with firecrackers and get 2 free hits and ocasionally also use the same method to get a safe heal. Dodge all kicks, block sword. After more than 10 attempts, I managed to kill him.

vogelkacke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ooooh, he's the batojutsu guy? Nvm, that guy is Vergil, gotta nail those parries
Yeah it's the guy who spams ashina draw
Got to the final boss finally. Tried it 3 or 4 times, doesn’t actually seem tooooo bad, just hits hard.

Genichiro is a total jobber, which actually feels good to come around on since his pattern is basically engrained on my memory still.

Isshin has some funky timings but atleast for the first phase is open a lot. Spear thing seems like the main difficulty in the fight but I’m already able to get to it pretty painlessly.

Should be able to handle it when I get off work.

The final optional boss though...fuck that.
Yeah I don't like
fighting giant enemies in this game and that one is literally the father of all beasts. Took me an hour to kill that fuck.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Why, just why?

Two headless at once, underwater. You move really slowly and you have to get in point black range to land any hits. Can't use confetti either, so you do minuscule amounts of damage.

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha no. He's the halfway point marker tbh, game opens up even more after that.
Hahahaha yes? He can be like the 90% mark towards the bad ending. He unlocks a single part of a single zone and a little bit more. Everything else from the following Act can be done before him. He barely opens up shit.

The game is super open after the very first real boss. There is so little gating compared to the rest of the Soulsborne games.

Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
So I have been playing this for the last 3 days pretty much non stop and I love the game but overall I don't really know where it will sit in my rankings. I think this might be the only From Software game I'm not able to GET GOOD at. Parrying is my favorite mechanic of pretty much every combat game and I got insanely good at it in BB to the point where I would just stroll in to most fights like a cool cucumber. In Sekiro I never feel that way. Hell I still get nervous if there is more than one opponent in front of me at any given time. From what I can tell very few actual enemies let you parry them outside of the lowly human warriors around as well. Literally every single boss fight hasn't felt like wow I figured this guy out and now its easy but OMG I somehow survived. That feeling is definitely something I love about all the FS games but I don't know its odd to not be GOOD at the game and I should definitely be getting good at this point.

Only other complaints are:
  1. Bosses are the most uninteresting of any soulsborne game so far and fighting them has been my least favorite part of the game.
  2. I hate the vignette when you go into stealth mode or take too much damage. For some reason the black on the corner of the screen just irritates my eyes.
Other than that game is so gorgeous and I love the grappling mechanic.

I don't understand people comparing it to Tenchu outside of you being in Japan and being able to kill people from above. Tenchu was god tier when it came to being able to manipulate with the Ai and in Sekiro you don't have a lot of fun stealth options. Definitely makes me long for a proper Tenchu though

Nov 22, 2017

Keep the pressure up, parry his shit, Mikiri counter his thrust kick after his string.

Status
Not open for further replies.