• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Prepare to 死

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
Why, just why?

Two headless at once, underwater. You move really slowly and you have to get in point black range to land any hits. Can't use confetti either, so you do minuscule amounts of damage.
Miniscule? You sure?

I was on that part this morning and plowed through with damage, and was pleasantly surprised no item was needed.

We are talking about the same one right? One regular. One ghostly purple?

Oct 27, 2017
I went
Sunken Valley -> Senpou Temple -> Depths
. Is that a good order to tackle this part of the game?
honestly Senpou before the others is probably the optimal path. The boss of that section is super easy and gives you another damage upgrade (as well as finding some more prayer beads along the way) to do the bosses of other areas much easier.

MrH

Nov 3, 2017
Shit flinging bastard is so hard, I thought I had him and
he comes back to live with no head and a big ass sword

Woke up with a headache today and this isn't helping, knocked out a few bosses this session so might have to call it for today, or see how I feel after dinner.

Oct 25, 2017
Why, just why?

Two headless at once, underwater. You move really slowly and you have to get in point black range to land any hits. Can't use confetti either, so you do minuscule amounts of damage.
Pop the confetti before jumping in the water, and take a drink of purple juice whenever you get even like a third of the bar filled up. With the two of them, that bar can go from empty to full very fast, so you gotta time your attacks such that you only go in to attack when the other ones not gonna shoot something at you.

Oct 25, 2017
honestly
Senpou
before the others is probably the optimal path. The boss of that section is super easy and gives you another damage upgrade (as well as finding some more prayer beads along the way) to do the bosses of other areas much easier.
Yeah, good point. The
sunken valley
boss was very, very hard. It would have been better to have done
Senpou Temple
. before.

DFG

Oct 25, 2017
Miniscule? You sure?

I was on that part this morning and plowed through with damage, and was pleasantly surprised no item was needed.

We are talking about the same one right? One regular. One ghostly purple?
Imo the ones down there are the easiest bunch. Dash and attack wrecks em

I've never seen a SP game OT have this much activity. Fromsoftware always delivering the goods, and getting people talking!
I know, it's great to see. I love this game!
Depends. There is an optional boss spawning at depths if you go this way.
As far as in the Ashina Depths, is it in the giant, blue-lit room in the cave system? I remember going through there last night and thinking to myself "This looks like a boss room" but there was nothing in it. How do I get him to spawn?

Oct 28, 2017
Aaaaand he is down. Probably the easiest mini boss so far actually.
He's all about double mashing the block button when his sheath does that tiny white flash. He's dead in under thirty seconds if you nail the timings. Fighting him any other way is straight up terrible and his speed catches you at off angles if you try and get creative. He's a bad miniboss, no doubt about it.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Keep the pressure up, parry his shit, Mikiri counter his thrust kick after his string.
The fact you can mikiri kicks like that is endlessly cool to me. Looks sick.

Unrelated:

So...who exactly are all the corpses with their hands bound behind their backs littered around the Senpou temple grounds? I'm always bad with lore until way later when I think about it. Did these fuckers do a hostile take-over and slaughter the actual inhabitants, is that what the big fella sobbing at the tree was telling me? I assume the corpses lining the cave are the high priests that are undead?

Total Poltergeist 2 style with that cave!

Oct 27, 2017
Genichiro

Ugh, took me an hour last night just to get one deathblow on his first phase. He doesn't feel cheap, I can deflect and keep my myself for quite a awhile, but I just can't seem to stay alive AND get enough damage in to wreck his posture. Maybe I'm playing it too safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.