• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
VwBYkMk.png

TAKE REVENGE. RESTORE YOUR HONOR.
KILL INGENIOUSLY

Developer: From Software
Release Date: March 22nd, 2019
Platforms: PC, XB1, PS4
Price: $59.99 (Standard Edition)

16078_sekiro-shadows-die-twice-prev.png

sekirosample7wbjwn.jpg

Carve your own clever path to vengeance in an all-new adventure from developer FromSoftware, creators of Bloodborne and the Dark Souls series.

You are the "one-armed wolf", a disgraced and disfigured warrior rescued from the brink of death. Bound to protect a young lord who is the descendant of an ancient bloodline, you become the target of many vicious enemies, including the dangerous Ashina clan. When the young lord is captured, nothing will stop you on a perilous quest to regain your honor, not even death itself.

Explore late 1500s Sengoku Japan, a brutal period of constant life and death conflict, as you come face to face with larger than life foes in a dark and twisted world. Unleash an arsenal of deadly prosthetic tools and powerful ninja abilities while you blend stealth, vertical traversal, and visceral head to head combat in a bloody confrontation.

charactersbannervpjja.jpg

forrealthistime1hcjj1.jpg

younglordfinaltbj49.jpg

forrealthistime4qkj9c.jpg

emmafinal3hjgh.jpg

generalfinalcmjj1.jpg

owlfinal8vjd2.jpg

sekirosample20ckpf.jpg

minimum system requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD FX-6300.
RAM: 4GB.
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon HD 7950.

recommended system requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 5 1400.
RAM: 8GB.
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 570.

PC Options:
PC performance thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-pc-performance-thread.106743/

sekirosample3xck9v.jpg

sekirosample8y2jnu.jpg

Who is directing the game?
Hidetaka Miyazaki

Does Sekiro have multiplayer?
Unlike Bloodborne and the Demon's/Dark Souls series, Sekiro is a strictly offline single-player experience

Are there invasions in Sekiro?
No

Can you pause Sekiro while playing?
Yes

Is Sekiro an RPG?
No. The game has no stats, no character levels and no classes

Are there multiple endings?
yes

Do you lose your "souls" when you die?
you lose half your XP when you die twice. The lost XP can not be recovered once gone. BUT, there
are ways to affect the percentage of this:
Sekiro-unseen-aid.png

Are there different editions for the game?
There's a collector's edition for the game that's sold out. It's available on Ebay for purchase. There's select
retailers that are selling a steelbook version of the game for the same price as the standard edition. Then
there's the standard edition for the game, which is the only version to purchase digitally on their respective stores

How long is Sekiro?
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=57415 (I imagine this will be updated shortly)

Language Options?
Default language for voices are set to Japanese and subtitles are set depending on your region. You are able to change these from the menu. The list of all supported languages, see below.
Language Support Image

Activision's Involvement?
Activision is publishing the game (excluding Japan & Asia) and also helping From Software in some areas of development. See quote below:

When From first began working on Sekiro, the leadership group didn't have a particular publisher in mind. The studio was in talks with various companies about the project. "Activision actually showed the most keen interest in the project proposal," says Yasuhiro Kitao, From Software's manager of marketing and communications. For its part, Activision was looking to expand outside its usual shooter and platforming wheelhouse, and working with a premiere Japanese developer like From presented the chance to do exactly that. "Sekiro adds something very different and special to our lineup of games," says Michelle Fonseca, senior product and marketing director at Activision.

They offered to help us with areas that we don't consider our expertise, such as user testing, offering feedback in regards to usability, things like this," Kitao says. From sends Activision builds of the game every week, and the latter uses its large user research and quality assurance teams to give From feedback when it comes to onboarding new players. "We're getting a lot of stimulation from the ideas they give us, Kitao says.

Source: Gameinformer How Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Became An Activision Game

DLC?
There have been no information released regarding DLC for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Does the game support HDR?
Yes

So, is shit gonna get weird?
1*MBk71-h06TJNCjdRqUGcew.jpeg

perusal269jic.jpg

Sekiro seems to be developing quite the fanart following...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/655836764462865386/
https://www.deviantart.com/tag/sekiro

Sekiro Wiki

Trophies/Achievements

Essential Combat Tips for Beginners (video)

Sekiro Rot Essence and Dragonrot Guide

inside the creation of Sekiro's soundtrack (gameinformer)

Sekiro pre launch interview

Interview with Miyazaki (gameinfromer)
Why the decision to go with a skill tree system over the stat system?

The idea of a parameter system, a stats-leveling system is that you are catering to different people's builds. So, you have things that a mage can use, you have things that a strength user can use, you know the greatswords, or these different sorceries, and pyromancies. And this means that not all users have to use everything. They can specialize, or they can focus on their build. The idea of this game and the multifaceted ninja means you have to use everything in your arsenal, everything at your disposal to overcome these challenges.