• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. This has given me the urge to replay Bloodborne, which I love but haven't played since release, but I'm afraid that the combat will be disappointing after spending so much time with Sekiro.

If there was a PC version, I would love to replay Bloodborne. But I don't want to go back to that kind of base PS4 performance. Just having Sekiro load in a couple of seconds on an SSD is so much better than Bloodborne's 45 second loading times or whatever it was that I remember.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You get an upgrade from Emma once you unlock every skill in the esoteric texts, is this worth grinding for before going to NG+ or should I just start a NG+?

Are the bosses significantly harder in new game plus?
Since I'm tempted to save Demon of Hatred for that. I don't have the patience right now, I want to see the ending!
You can see the ending and then continue playing on in that play through before going to NG+.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
If there was a PC version, I would love to replay Bloodborne. But I don't want to go back to that kind of base PS4 performance. Just having Sekiro load in a couple of seconds on an SSD is so much better than Bloodborne's 45 second loading times or whatever it was that I remember.

Which is why I hope From never does another exclusive again.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
imo that's the hardest boss in the game
Yeah he's a bastard.
First form is easy. Second form I can manage somewhat. Third form... Not so much, lol.
You could always wait until after to fight it. It doesn't plop you right into ng+
You can see the ending and then continue playing on in that play through before going to NG+.
Hmm i suggest everyone to beat him playthrough one. He's a lot tougher in NG+
Ah, thanks. I should be used to new game plus being an option by now and not something automatic, not sure why I thought otherwise.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for the Lone Swordsman? He's been wrecking me for a good hour now. Parrying him does fuck all but make my posture go down and I can barely touch his vitality.

Can easily say this is the hardest fight so far. Lady Butterfly took a long time, but the fight was easily understandable and always seemed reasonable. This just seems ridiculous.
Throw shurikens while he's jumping around? You can also Mikiri his thrust kick. You have the initiative in terms of attacking, then during orange flash you he'll counter with a spinning drop kick. If you're losing posture, that means you're not deflecting him correctly. Also, you can drop from above for a free deathblow.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Legit the only "minibosses" or whatever in this game that have given me any trouble are those assholes with the terror-inducing beams. You can't even cheese them because it goes through EVERYTHING.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, do tell me more please.

Also, thanks for the XP reply.
With the spear phase, stay at a good distance while running, when he does his jump slam move, he'll close the gap by attacking right after his jump move, at this point you can hit him with anything but only once. Hold attack button, then run away. Do it again.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting seeing some comments about the game opening up or changing after Genchiro. I got to him a long time ago but left him alone thinking it could be the last boss. So now Im 30+ hours in and just checking out all of these other areas and what feels like tons of side bosses, etc. Maybe Ill just head back to Genchiro and kill him to see what everyone is talking about.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting seeing some comments about the game opening up or changing after Genchiro. I got to him a long time ago but left him alone thinking it could be the last boss. So now Im 30+ hours in and just checking out all of these other areas and what feels like tons of side bosses, etc. Maybe Ill just head back to Genchiro and kill him to see what everyone is talking about.

Hahaha no. He's the halfway point marker tbh, game opens up even more after that.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
i am enjoying it much more than Bloodborne, it is subjective but i like everything more about Sekiro from combat to aesthetics.
It took me a little while to get there, but I'm feeling the same way. Combat is so much better, and not having the luxury of iframes forces you to play differently and more tangibly engage in a new and exciting way. I absolutely love the way some of the bosses come in and announce themselves. It's so memorable and badass, like this perfect mix of a Kurosawa epic and the rawness of Kawajiri (Ninja Scroll). The game also seems to be more dialogue-heavy, which I like. While the relative solitude of past games is what helped define their world and atmosphere, I'm appreciating the contrast here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot when this becomes the goal in the game but

Sekiro |OT2| Freed from this Immortal Coil

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got to the final boss finally. Tried it 3 or 4 times, doesn't actually seem tooooo bad, just hits hard.

Genichiro is a total jobber, which actually feels good to come around on since his pattern is basically engrained on my memory still.

Isshin has some funky timings but atleast for the first phase is open a lot. Spear thing seems like the main difficulty in the fight but I'm already able to get to it pretty painlessly.

Should be able to handle it when I get off work.

The final optional boss though...fuck that.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legit the only "minibosses" or whatever in this game that have given me any trouble are those assholes with the terror-inducing beams. You can't even cheese them because it goes through EVERYTHING.
Don't you run to the side and towards him? He shouldn't be able to hit you. Also if you stand point blank in front of his face, he can't hit you with the beam so just spam away with divine attacks

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Any tips for the Lone Swordsman? He's been wrecking me for a good hour now. Parrying him does fuck all but make my posture go down and I can barely touch his vitality.

Can easily say this is the hardest fight so far. Lady Butterfly took a long time, but the fight was easily understandable and always seemed reasonable. This just seems ridiculous.

I would stun him with firecrackers and get 2 free hits and ocasionally also use the same method to get a safe heal. Dodge all kicks, block sword. After more than 10 attempts, I managed to kill him.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
Ooooh, he's the batojutsu guy? Nvm, that guy is Vergil, gotta nail those parries

Yeah it's the guy who spams ashina draw
Got to the final boss finally. Tried it 3 or 4 times, doesn't actually seem tooooo bad, just hits hard.

Genichiro is a total jobber, which actually feels good to come around on since his pattern is basically engrained on my memory still.

Isshin has some funky timings but atleast for the first phase is open a lot. Spear thing seems like the main difficulty in the fight but I'm already able to get to it pretty painlessly.

Should be able to handle it when I get off work.

The final optional boss though...fuck that.

Yeah I don't like
fighting giant enemies in this game and that one is literally the father of all beasts. Took me an hour to kill that fuck.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway inside?
I'm at this foggy village with dudes that don't die and there is a house with someone playing a flute...how do I get inside there?

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Why, just why?

Two headless at once, underwater. You move really slowly and you have to get in point black range to land any hits. Can't use confetti either, so you do minuscule amounts of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.