• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha no. He's the halfway point marker tbh, game opens up even more after that.

Hahahaha yes? He can be like the 90% mark towards the bad ending. He unlocks a single part of a single zone and a little bit more. Everything else from the following Act can be done before him. He barely opens up shit.

The game is super open after the very first real boss. There is so little gating compared to the rest of the Soulsborne games.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
So I have been playing this for the last 3 days pretty much non stop and I love the game but overall I don't really know where it will sit in my rankings. I think this might be the only From Software game I'm not able to GET GOOD at. Parrying is my favorite mechanic of pretty much every combat game and I got insanely good at it in BB to the point where I would just stroll in to most fights like a cool cucumber. In Sekiro I never feel that way. Hell I still get nervous if there is more than one opponent in front of me at any given time. From what I can tell very few actual enemies let you parry them outside of the lowly human warriors around as well. Literally every single boss fight hasn't felt like wow I figured this guy out and now its easy but OMG I somehow survived. That feeling is definitely something I love about all the FS games but I don't know its odd to not be GOOD at the game and I should definitely be getting good at this point.

Only other complaints are:
  1. Bosses are the most uninteresting of any soulsborne game so far and fighting them has been my least favorite part of the game.
  2. I hate the vignette when you go into stealth mode or take too much damage. For some reason the black on the corner of the screen just irritates my eyes.
Other than that game is so gorgeous and I love the grappling mechanic.

I don't understand people comparing it to Tenchu outside of you being in Japan and being able to kill people from above. Tenchu was god tier when it came to being able to manipulate with the Ai and in Sekiro you don't have a lot of fun stealth options. Definitely makes me long for a proper Tenchu though

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Any tips for the Lone Swordsman? He's been wrecking me for a good hour now. Parrying him does fuck all but make my posture go down and I can barely touch his vitality.

Can easily say this is the hardest fight so far. Lady Butterfly took a long time, but the fight was easily understandable and always seemed reasonable. This just seems ridiculous.

Keep the pressure up, parry his shit, Mikiri counter his thrust kick after his string.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Why, just why?

Two headless at once, underwater. You move really slowly and you have to get in point black range to land any hits. Can't use confetti either, so you do minuscule amounts of damage.

Miniscule? You sure?

I was on that part this morning and plowed through with damage, and was pleasantly surprised no item was needed.

We are talking about the same one right? One regular. One ghostly purple?

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I went
Sunken Valley -> Senpou Temple -> Depths
. Is that a good order to tackle this part of the game?

honestly Senpou before the others is probably the optimal path. The boss of that section is super easy and gives you another damage upgrade (as well as finding some more prayer beads along the way) to do the bosses of other areas much easier.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Shit flinging bastard is so hard, I thought I had him and
he comes back to live with no head and a big ass sword

Woke up with a headache today and this isn't helping, knocked out a few bosses this session so might have to call it for today, or see how I feel after dinner.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Why, just why?

Two headless at once, underwater. You move really slowly and you have to get in point black range to land any hits. Can't use confetti either, so you do minuscule amounts of damage.
Pop the confetti before jumping in the water, and take a drink of purple juice whenever you get even like a third of the bar filled up. With the two of them, that bar can go from empty to full very fast, so you gotta time your attacks such that you only go in to attack when the other ones not gonna shoot something at you.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
honestly
Senpou
before the others is probably the optimal path. The boss of that section is super easy and gives you another damage upgrade (as well as finding some more prayer beads along the way) to do the bosses of other areas much easier.
Yeah, good point. The
sunken valley
boss was very, very hard. It would have been better to have done
Senpou Temple
. before.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miniscule? You sure?

I was on that part this morning and plowed through with damage, and was pleasantly surprised no item was needed.

We are talking about the same one right? One regular. One ghostly purple?
Imo the ones down there are the easiest bunch. Dash and attack wrecks em

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've never seen a SP game OT have this much activity. Fromsoftware always delivering the goods, and getting people talking!
I know, it's great to see. I love this game!
Depends. There is an optional boss spawning at depths if you go this way.
As far as in the Ashina Depths, is it in the giant, blue-lit room in the cave system? I remember going through there last night and thinking to myself "This looks like a boss room" but there was nothing in it. How do I get him to spawn?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aaaaand he is down. Probably the easiest mini boss so far actually.
He's all about double mashing the block button when his sheath does that tiny white flash. He's dead in under thirty seconds if you nail the timings. Fighting him any other way is straight up terrible and his speed catches you at off angles if you try and get creative. He's a bad miniboss, no doubt about it.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Keep the pressure up, parry his shit, Mikiri counter his thrust kick after his string.

The fact you can mikiri kicks like that is endlessly cool to me. Looks sick.

Unrelated:

So...who exactly are all the corpses with their hands bound behind their backs littered around the Senpou temple grounds? I'm always bad with lore until way later when I think about it. Did these fuckers do a hostile take-over and slaughter the actual inhabitants, is that what the big fella sobbing at the tree was telling me? I assume the corpses lining the cave are the high priests that are undead?

Total Poltergeist 2 style with that cave!

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Genichiro

Ugh, took me an hour last night just to get one deathblow on his first phase. He doesn't feel cheap, I can deflect and keep my myself for quite a awhile, but I just can't seem to stay alive AND get enough damage in to wreck his posture. Maybe I'm playing it too safe?

Lux86

Oct 27, 2017
Lol @ all these people celebrating their victories over the Guardian Ape....

When the rematch is so much tougher, and not that far away

kind of, the
second ape has basically no health, so you can bombrush her and it's 1 vs 1 again pretty soon
At least this was my experience, maybe it was a lucky shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.