• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT2| Domo Arigato, Mr. ROBERTOOOOO!!!

Oct 27, 2017
So guys... I could use some directions...

After killing Genichiro I kinda randomly wandered around the world... I killed a few random minibosses and last night I stumbled upon the Guardian Ape which, afaik, is a main boss right?

My main worry about the game is to "main line it" too much and miss random side stuff.

Is there anywhere I should absolutely checkout?
you don't need to worry about this stuff at all. just do your thing

Oct 27, 2017
So, I just cannot believe anyone has beaten Demon of Hatred. For my sanity, I'm just gonna accept that its all lies and edited footage

It's by a huge margin the boss that's kicking my ass the hardest, I haven't even got to its final phase after more than an hour of tries. The final boss was much much easier to me
Are you seeking advice, or do you just need to vent on that boss? It sounds like you've looked things up already so I'm not sure.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Flame umbrella is your friend. Just tank the big hits and redirect them for big damage.

I absolutely hated this guy my first time through but just using the umbrella he's actually really fun.
That might be it, those fire attacks are wrecking me

I'm using some of the spirits falls for buffs and also the whistle, so I might not have the number of emblems I need for all that though

Are you seeking advice, or do you just need to vent on that boss? It sounds like you've looked things up already so I'm not sure.
Both? lol

I saw one video of someone fighting it, but not anything deeper than that

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, but even when I'm deflecting correctly she regains her posture pretty much instantly.
Her posture regen is slightly below average, as even at max vitality it's relatively slow. She only does grab after a break so it never hits. This means in normal circumstance the only time you see perilous is a sweep (She has no thrust attack). Equip Senpou kick and use that to make quick work of her.

Oct 27, 2017
Both? lol

I saw one video of someone fighting it, but not anything deeper than that
My last attempt on the boss in NG charmless bell was not clean but sufficient, which probably works much better as a reference.

I do a very clear counter vs all moves. If you are not sure what's going on please do ask.

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
So, I just cannot believe anyone has beaten DoH. For my sanity, I'm just gonna accept that its all lies and edited footage

It's by a huge margin the boss that's kicking my ass the hardest, I haven't even got to its final phase after more than an hour of tries. The final boss was much much easier to me
I'm the complete opposite. I killed DoH in ten tries. I'm at 35 tries with the final boss and I'm completely useless against the third phase.

I fought DoH like a Bloodborne boss and it seemed to work.

Oct 27, 2017
Where are you? Just to know when people are hooked from this. I am at gyoubu oniwa but the difficulty is setting me off
  1. I started the Ashina route, but stopped short of the Gyoubo fight
  2. I then switched to the Hirata route and made it all the way to Just the Drunkard, who gave me a bit of trouble
  3. I went back and finished the Gyoubo fight. That one stumped me at first but a quick YouTube tutorial on how to dodge and use firecrackers against him made it much easier
  4. I used his memory to improve my attack power and I believe I had my second vitality upgrade. I also bought a Gourd Seed from the Marchant near the battlefield (I was up to 4 gourds)
  5. I went back to Hirata breezed through everything and got stumped by Lady butterfly.
  6. Switched one last time to the Ashina castle, and by now my stealth game (after a couple of upgrades), my deflection after many timing tests, my mikiri, grasp of prothetics (namely firecrackers and shurikens), etc all vastly improved. Regular enemies take none of my time anymore, and I'm going through mini-bosses without a single death.

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017
Mods make Sekiro look so much nicer. His regular outfit is bland as fuck.

I'm sorry but... that looks like what some weeb would wear at an anime convention 👀

I approve of the beard mod though (even if I prefer the full beard). ^^

Fighting O'rin on NG++ without the charm is BY AND LARGE the toughest fight so far. I'm getting absolutely destroyed.
Yeah she's insanely hard without the charm. I didn't even try more than once or twice. Gave up on going charmless after Shinobi Owl anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
  1. I started the Ashina route, but stopped short of the Gyoubo fight
  2. I then switched to the Hirata route and made it all the way to Just the Drunkard, who gave me a bit of trouble
  3. I went back and finished the Gyoubo fight. That one stumped me at first but a quick YouTube tutorial on how to dodge and use firecrackers against him made it much easier
  4. I used his memory to improve my attack power and I believe I had my second vitality upgrade. I also bought a Gourd Seed from the Marchant near the battlefield (I was up to 4 gourds)
  5. I went back to Hirata breezed through everything and got stumped by Lady butterfly.
  6. Switched one last time to the Ashina castle, and by now my stealth game (after a couple of upgrades), my deflection after many timing tests, my mikiri, grasp of prothetics (namely firecrackers and shurikens), etc all vastly improved. Regular enemies take none of my time anymore, and I'm going through mini-bosses without a single death.
Did you meet the Seven Ashina Spears mini boss at Ashina Outskirts around the castle entrance? That's a challenging mini boss.

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017
Oh yeah? Not as weeby as THIS

lol yeesh. I give each pic one yike each. xD
Why not give him a DBZ Hawaiian shirt while we're at it... :P

As for the spoiler pic, I'd love a Lady Maria mod, but the voices still being male would weird me out.

Oct 26, 2017
I started a new game tonight, and wow, it’s a whole new experience. I’ve been playing for hours talking on several mini bosses and areas, and I have yet to die. Spear guy at Hirata, was a complete joke now that I know Mikiri counters so well. I was fighting the main mini boss there and checked my resurrects, freaked for a second because I had none. Then I realized I hadn’t died so I had no resurrects yet, lol.

This game is great.

Oct 25, 2017
So I know I am way behind the crowd on this game, got started like two weeks later, and then had to take a week break, but I started that first memory before finishing the first area, not realizing there kind of was an order. I am at LB, and thinking, oh, maybe I should go back to the real world and finish that first.

Chain guy got me rethinking how I have been playing this whole time. Yes I go slow, but I kind of wish I knew to wait on that part.

Oct 28, 2017
Finally killed the last boss. All bosses done, I have no intention of ever fighting this bastard ever again in my life.

Really great game overall, but far from being a masterpiece in my opinion.

About the return ending:

What on earth? Kuro is absorbed by the Child of Rejuvenation. Does he die on all endings? If this is the good ending...

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just cannot believe anyone has beaten DoH. For my sanity, I'm just gonna accept that its all lies and edited footage

I felt similarly at some points. I always felt that the moves were so easy to learn but because of the tons of HP you just had to be perfect. But it's really not too bad and you'll think the same in hindsight. Just stay on his ass and learn the moves/proper dodge for them. They're all very choreographed.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally killed the last boss. All bosses done, I have no intention of ever fighting this bastard ever again in my life.

Really great game overall, but far from being a masterpiece in my opinion.

About the return ending:

What on earth? Kuro is absorbed by the Child of Rejuvenation. Does he die on all endings? If this is the good ending...
In one of the main endings Kuro dies, in the other Sekiro kills himself as part of a ritual to turn Kuro into a normal human.

Oct 27, 2017
I got the Platinum. Took me about 60 hours or so? I swear 10 of those hours was grinding for skill points. At least I could watch stuff on a second screen while I was killing the dude by the stairs in Ashina Castle for like the 100th time lol.

May 29, 2018
Yeah, after a while I have to step back and take a break.
Sometimes I'd die more often to Genichiro than to Ishin's first phase and I know that when I need to re-focus.
Yep, me too. And after 200 attempts, I STILL haven't made it to the final phase. Third phase is it for me. Ridiculous.

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
This game is completely based on momentum. When you're focused and in the zone, you just tear through enemies, deflecting everything, landing your counters. You lose your momentum for a second and the game turns the tables on you instantly.

Yep, me too. And after 200 attempts, I STILL haven't made it to the final phase. Third phase is it for me. Ridiculous.
That 3rd phase. I just suck against spears. I've got the 2nd phase down to a pat. Everything he does I can counter. But spears are very hard to deal with since it's harder to correlate the movement of the hands with the actual hit since the spear is so long. Sometimes I literally have no idea whats going on. When I do get to the 4th phase it's because I got lucky with the mirikis and some deflections. It's still wildly inconsistent.

And I get creamed instantly in the 4th phase.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Emma's reward for mastering Ashina worth it? (Endgame)
I assume it was something I was supposed to learn from Tengu that she passed on to him.
If it's what I'm thinking about, it's just another skill tree, and you don't need to get the master art (the one at the end of the tree) from Ashina tree, you just need to get one from any skill tree.

If it's what I'm thinking about, it's just another skill tree, and you don't need to get the master art (the one at the end of the tree) from Ashina tree, you just need to get one from any skill tree.
That's good, because the only one I want is the one that lets you imbue the sword with flame.
(Though I never did finish the second 'hunt the rats' quest, is that related?)

Oct 25, 2017
That's good, because the only one I want is the one that lets you imbue the sword with flame.
(Though I never did finish the second 'hunt the rats' quest, is that related?)
Don't think there is a second rat quest. You do the first, get Ashina tree, get a master art and he gives you another tree (Emma does instead endgame). Everything else he says is just filler.

Also I'd recommend you to get High Monk too, it's busted, trivialises a bunch of bosses and unlike all the other ones, it doesn't cost spirit emblems.

Don't think there is a second rat quest. You do the first, get Ashina tree, get a master art and he gives you another tree (Emma does instead endgame). Everything else he says is just filler.

Also I'd recommend you to get High Monk too, it's busted, trivialises a bunch of bosses and unlike all the other ones, it doesn't cost spirit emblems.
I've only got two bosses left, the final and optional. Just taking some time to build up since I was not having fun with Phase 2(of the real final boss).

Oct 29, 2017
Another weekend, another failure to get past the drunkard first boss.

I've got it down to muscle memory to clear out the pawns. Getting the stealth hit is inconsistent and sometimes it has to be some sort of trigger glitch it doesn't happen, but after that I just get shredded. Even with the ronin's help I can't seem to survive.

I'm sad because I love everything except these boss fights. If I could just have twice as much health or deal more damage or something. Having access to only 2 gourd heals and having 0 pellets makes this shit feel impossible. Even my prosthetic feels useless. oil and then flame doesn't seem to help at all.

like I hear more stories about the spear guy before the fog gate, but that dude I flawlessed once I got the thrust counter skill.

What is going on?