• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT2| Domo Arigato, Mr. ROBERTOOOOO!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
How do you cheese the final boss??
I was curious how others got through the boss after I finished the game. One video I found had a guy

Take out phase one as usual. And then just run around the field until ItSS does his jump attack followed by the dash attack. This leaves him open for a second for you to get a couple hits in on his side/back, then rinse and repeat until he has no HP for a free deathblow for each phase. You might be able to sneak in a few more hits here or there.

It takes forever, is boring as hell, but you'll pretty much avoid getting hit entirely. Just watch out for falling off the cliff.

This method actually works for a few other bosses, too.

Oct 27, 2017
Another weekend, another failure to get past the drunkard first boss.

I've got it down to muscle memory to clear out the pawns. Getting the stealth hit is inconsistent and sometimes it has to be some sort of trigger glitch it doesn't happen, but after that I just get shredded. Even with the ronin's help I can't seem to survive.

I'm sad because I love everything except these boss fights. If I could just have twice as much health or deal more damage or something. Having access to only 2 gourd heals and having 0 pellets makes this shit feel impossible. Even my prosthetic feels useless. oil and then flame doesn't seem to help at all.

like I hear more stories about the spear guy before the fog gate, but that dude I flawlessed once I got the thrust counter skill.

What is going on?
that isn't a boss, that's a miniboss, and you don't have to do him if you don't want to. go do something else

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017
Feels so good to beat [late-game] Hirata boss v2 on the first try in NG+++ after he killed me 30+ times in NG. Feels like I've really mastered this fight now. (Though OK I did need to revive at least once... >_>)

Almost at the last ending too, and I actually might get that last skill point (8 out of 9) since NG+++ pays XP by the boatload. But it's 1 AM, argh... tomorrow....

Feb 1, 2018
Do things have vast posture and health on NG+? am I better off replaing NG ?

I mistakenly did the Shura ending and I feel it was a mistake.

NG+ Genichiro seems much harder than I remember..He is a fucking tank.Not getting beads out of minibosses is not rewarding.

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017
Do things have vast posture and health on NG+? am I better off replaing NG ?

I mistakenly did the Shura ending and I feel it was a mistake.

NG+ Genichiro seems much harder than I remember..He is a fucking tank.Not getting beads out of minibosses is not rewarding.
Did you give back the charm to Kuro? If so, that will massively increase boss HP, in addition to making you take damage on blocks (so all deflects must be perfect).

I gave the charm back and NG+ was insanely hard for me. Once I got it back from the Sculptor after giving up, it was basically smooth sailing.

Also in NG+ you should be swimming in gold and Ako's Sugar. Pop a sugar (if low on that, use Ako's Spiritfall) and Divine Confetti (which you can now buy in infinite amounts) and you'll do solid damage and take out bosses very quickly.

Feb 1, 2018
Did you give back the charm to Kuro? If so, that will massively increase boss HP, in addition to making you take damage on blocks (so all deflects must be perfect).

I gave the charm back and NG+ was insanely hard for me. Once I got it back from the Sculptor after giving up, it was basically smooth sailing.

Also in NG+ you should be swimming in gold and Ako's Sugar. Pop a sugar (if low on that, use Ako's Spiritfall) and Divine Confetti (which you can now buy in infinite amounts) and you'll do solid damage and take out bosses very quickly.
Thank you! From which merchant can I purchase the confetti ?

Jan 17, 2018
Holy shit this game is all over the place with its difficulty. I beat
Headless Ape, Illusion Corrupted Monk, and several second half of game mini bosses
on my first attempt and
Owl the first time
only took me a few tries, but the second version of their fight is absolutely D E S T R O Y I N G me

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it. The trick to the last fight was apparently to be 100% super aggressive all the time. Sometimes a phase took like 15 seconds.

Also went into NG+ and I was just being a hilarious murder tornado until I got to the chained ogre, who kept tossing me off a cliff. I'll probably keep going because I want to see the boss that I didn't get in my ending.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Castle. Beaten him before on NG but it's been so long. I don't know why I keep getting caught on his backhand slashes. I'm sitting there afterwards staring at the controller's L1 button as if it's broken. :P I'll get him. Just like to complain about such things!
focus on hitting him after he does curse bomb drops or large overhead smashes. Be more agressive with him as he's not really that fast or responsive. Just be prepared to deflect.

Oct 28, 2017
EU
I'm not only cheating the game, but myself I guess.

Souls veteran here. Due to family, house and work I can't commit as much time to Sekiro as I want. To make progress faster, I installed cheat engine and upon reaching a boss, I switch to God mode.
I observe the patterns and practice to parry the attacks. Then I switch back to normal again to fight the boss for real.

It's kind of a time saving shortcut. The surprising thing is, even in God mode, you can't simply hit some bosses. You need to parry and dodge accordingly, otherwise you don't have a chance to hit them.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Can someone tell me if and how one could copy and backup PC saves to get the different endings without playing through the whole game?
Close the game down and copy this folder (backup somewhere safe)

C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Sekiro
alternatively just type %appdata% in the file path and find the sekiro folder.

Copy it before you make the decision with the owl. Copy it again after right before isshin on the non shura endings so you can give kuro all the different combinations of items. When you want to switch saves just paste the copied folder in its place.

Oct 27, 2017

Souls veteran here. Due to family, house and work I can't commit as much time to Sekiro as I want. To make progress faster, I installed cheat engine and upon reaching a boss, I switch to God mode.
I observe the patterns and practice to parry the attacks. Then I switch back to normal again to fight the boss for real.

It's kind of a time saving shortcut. The surprising thing is, even in God mode, you can't simply hit some bosses. You need to parry and dodge accordingly, otherwise you don't have a chance to hit them.
How come you don’t just watch a guide on YouTube to learn the patterns. Do you learn quicker with your current method?

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, just wondering where I get the charm to give Kuro on new game + as it looks like I'm far too OP to be playing at standard NG+?
any help is much appreciated.

Oct 30, 2017

You have brought shame not only to yourself, but your entire family. You have made a mockery of From Software's artistic vision!

Sad!

Oct 27, 2017
So now I can fairly consistently get the final boss down to his last phase. If I can learn to
catch the lightning
I think I'll be all right 🤘🏻🗡
I didn't
catch a single thunder, even if I spoiled myself that it was a thing... but it was much harder to focus on doing that, so I just avoided everything and defeated him... :P I just say to not focus too much on it, anyway the last phase looked to me identical to the third one, only with thunder.

But, won't I just get even more destroyed? I feel like there's a lesson I need to figure out on this fucker first.
I say you can avoid it for now... so you will be stronger later. Anyway my tactic was
kill all other enemies, then hide from him. Go back and backstab to have him just 1 life left. Ask for help to the samurai near the water. Let them fight and safely hit the boss time by time to avoid my friend to die too quicly.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
EU
How come you don’t just watch a guide on YouTube to learn the patterns. Do you learn quicker with your current method?
If I'm in the middle of playing the game, I don't stop to watch the boss on YouTube. Also, getting the timing down and learning to read the attacks is easier if you can do it in game.

For me, it's basically the same process like before, just streamlined.
Without God Mode, I try to learn the attacks and parries while dying a lot, having run to the boss again and again. With God Mode, I do the same just without dying. I beat the boss the normal way in the end, having to try it multiple times of course. It's just that I can get a general feeling for the boss and prepare for the battle better, in a shorter time.

Final boss tactic(Phase 1 for ISS), help needed for 2:
Just figured out a nice pattern. After he does his opener three slashes, after the third, he's wide open for Double Ichimonji. I took his first form out in a minute or two.

The downside is, it doesn't work on phase 2... that super aggressive spear combo that ends on the stab is killing me, literally.

Oct 26, 2017
Just figured out a nice pattern. After he does his opener three slashes, after the third, he's wide open for Double Ichimonji. I took his first form out in a minute or two.

The downside is, it doesn't work on phase 2... that super aggressive spear combo that ends on the stab is killing me, literally.
pop an Ako sugar and deflect deflect and deflect. Also mikiri (upgrade it with Shinobi eyes) all his thrusts, luckily he loves doing them. Because he's more aggresive it's also easier to deplete his posture even if you don't hit his HP down.

So now I can fairly consistently get the final boss down to his last phase. If I can learn to
catch the lightning
I think I'll be all right 🤘🏻🗡
He have
2 lighhning attacks but thends to use the one where he jumps backwards first, so once you see that just jump block and release. I didn't even time it and always worked

Oct 25, 2017
wow just found out this item existed ... :O its really just an infinite
bite down
I completed the game and just saw this. Never put 2 and 2 together, i just thought why the hell would you want to kill yourself and never tested it. Then just assumed it was for a later area and forgot about it, lol.

Oct 27, 2017

To me it was the easiest part. Mikiri counter spear attack, take some tries to understand when he does it, and take your time to parry or just block most of his attacks... be aggressive but dont be shy to parry/block because he does a lot of damage. On last part of the fight its the same but he will be more aggressive so be careful. Take your time was my definitive way to win the fight. (did it in 1h and half after all. so in line with all other hard bosses)

To me it was the easiest part. Mikiri counter spear attack, take some tries to understand when he does it, and take your time to parry or just block most of his attacks... be aggressive but dont be shy to parry/block because he does a lot of damage. On last part of the fight its the same but he will be more aggressive so be careful. Take your time was my definitive way to win the fight. (did it in 1h and half after all. so in line with all other hard bosses)
I have a hard time telling which attacks are his mikiri ones...

Oct 26, 2017
Another weekend, another failure to get past the drunkard first boss.

I've got it down to muscle memory to clear out the pawns. Getting the stealth hit is inconsistent and sometimes it has to be some sort of trigger glitch it doesn't happen, but after that I just get shredded. Even with the ronin's help I can't seem to survive.

I'm sad because I love everything except these boss fights. If I could just have twice as much health or deal more damage or something. Having access to only 2 gourd heals and having 0 pellets makes this shit feel impossible. Even my prosthetic feels useless. oil and then flame doesn't seem to help at all.

like I hear more stories about the spear guy before the fog gate, but that dude I flawlessed once I got the thrust counter skill.

What is going on?
For the Drunkard mini-boss I would suggest the following:

For the pawns, utilize hit and run strategies. Take out one or two via stealth (remember, if you're quick you can backstab 'yellow alert' guards), maybe one archer (should go down in one or two hits), then run and hide under the floorboards of the building to the left. Eventually every alerted guard (including the drunkard) should lose their alerted status and go to their original area. Then repeat the hit and run until all the guards are gone.

When you have only Juzou left, hide until he de-aggros and sneak up behind him for a stealth deathblow. Don't go hide after that because if he de-aggros he gets that one life back, instead sprint towards the ronin, initiate dialogue and he should join the fight. After that it should be real easy, just don't stick too close to him because the hitbox of his grab attack is weird.

Also, remember that that entire area is completely optional and you can leave at any point. You can easily just go back to Ashina Outskirts and grind a bit. One thing I would advise is getting the Firecrackers prosethic, which is probably the single most useful prostethic in the game and you can buy it for 500 Sen very early in the game (close to where you got the bell to go to Hirata).

Oct 26, 2017
California
I was expecting GA to be more annoying, but my general aggressive rushdown burn-everything playstyle won me the first phase on my second try. I actually enjoyed that. Thanks, From.

Second phase took some getting used to, but it felt like there were bigger telegraphs involved. Umbrella is super good.

Oct 26, 2017
Would it be a wise idea to start over, just to relearn the game a bit? Like I posted yesterday, I am having much troubles with the first chaiend ogre...
It's not worth starting over: you won't learn much in the 10 minutes it takes to get there on a new game, and of you really want to practice, you can just backtrack.

The skill that allows you to grapple onto enemies is fantastic for this fight. Everytime you avoid a grab, you can use L2 to swing to it's head, and get a few hits in. You can also backstab the Ogre too, if you sneak around the right hand side, and go for the backstab behind him his self, not the wood he's chained to.

Seeing all these plats here i am regretting buying this game for the Xbox more then i expected.
This is the first soulslike game i dont have the urge to plat because there is no platinum on Xbox. Gamerscore means nothing to me. Plats are much more satisfying to achieve imo.

And the game also killed me Elite controller.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah you might like it. The boss fights in Sekiro are more like the Valkyries than Bloodborne bosses but you have less tools at your disposal and it’s more focused on parry, that works more like your standard action game parry with a large window than the slow exposed style parry.

There are many enemies that can kill you in one hit but that usually happens if you do the wrong move such as dodge rather than parry or jump.
Will get it, then. That it looks like Onimusha 1 on steroids doesn't hurt, either.

I'll have to see if my brother goes for Amazon's 5 for 3 deal
and splits KH3, DMC5, REmake 2, Sekiro and Metro Exodus
with me. Otherwise it's 55€ for Sekiro and I'll get REmake 2 first.

I am still looking to buy this game, but has the frame pacing issues been fixed yet?

Thanks!
What platform? I don't think there have been any patches at all, honestly, so I doubt it.

Hey all, just wondering where I get the charm to give Kuro on new game + as it looks like I'm far too OP to be playing at standard NG+?
any help is much appreciated.
You get it at the start of NG+ and you have to give it to Kuro in the moon tower (during the intro).

Would it be a wise idea to start over, just to relearn the game a bit? Like I posted yesterday, I am having much troubles with the first chaiend ogre...
I don't think you'll gain much from it. Ogre is a tough fight, mostly because it's difficult to avoid the grab or the plunge but they're for the most part easily avoided by dodging to the left (or right) just before the grab or attack. So don't be too early with the dodges because his attacks will track your movement and finally hit you. You can also get a free deathblow (one life) if you eat a Gachiin's Sugar and stealth up to his left side and get a backstab.

Last edited: