• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Putting block/parry on L2 was the best decision. Whoever recommended it, thanks. Even when I miss parry now, it usually results in a block instead of being stabbed in the dick.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I'm SO GLAD this game lets you pause. I have carpal tunnel, and the time it takes for some of the lengthier fights is such that my hands start to get numb after a while, so it's great that I can rest them and then continue the fight. This is really welcome from an accessibility standpoint!

Pause also means you don't need to fumble with your quick item inventory. Just equip 2 things on it, gourd and pellets, and use other stuff by going into the menu. No more accidentally using the wrong item.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
It's hard to say, and I guess if you're a very good player it may never happen. I think my loss of patience may have been some time after that boss. The real "wall" for me was not so much one single boss but more just a cumulative effect of everything being so goddamn hard. Even in other really hard games you often get something easier after a big challenge but the game just started grinding me down because (with a few exceptions I admit) almost all the mini bosses and bosses are just so relentless, fast, and able to kill you in like two hits.

Okay. I explore pretty thoroughly so I believe I typically have enough prayer beads and gourd seeds to be able to just survive in a raw sense with these enemies, even if they hit like trucks - it's just a matter of getting used to the patterns which I've been fine with so far even if I die a couple times, and getting better with certain things (like countering). So I guess I'll see.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This fucking game

So I finally kill Guardian Ape, and the only place I can think of where I can progress is the poison pool so I warp there. Immediately find a dying guy who saying something about a giant ape. Walk forward and yep, there's that fucker again...

At least he starts in the easier second phase, but they just have to give him a friend this time.

Oct 26, 2017
Yo not sure if this is already well know but I discovered a way to turn the ape parry->down strategy into even higher hp/KI damage....Using a spear attack against him which functions like Neros buster grab :D

Now its got me thinkin if any other bosses have unique animations/attacks like this!

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what you guys are whining about Genichiro was easy took both of his lives without too much trouble

Wait there's another phase? Fuck.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
why don´t you just take the axe and fight the enemy? goes faster and is more fun

While it might be faster, it's still horribly inefficient compared to just doing two combos with
Sabimaru.
Even after I got their patterns down, it didn't matter. One fuck up, half of your health is gone (or more), and I got sick of trying to fight the "legitimate" way (with the axe mind you) only to get stuck on this game's obsession with protecting the player from falls (and dying only needing 2-3 more hits), even if they are only two feet off the ground. Invisible walls everywhere.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Yo not sure if this is already well know but I discovered a way to turn the ape parry->down strategy into even higher hp/KI damage....Using a spear attack against him which functions like Neros buster grab :D

Now its got me thinkin if any other bosses have unique animations/attacks like this!

Holy shit, didn't even know this. One thing I just learned in that fight is his scream attack barely covers any radius if your standing behind him.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So for the absolute best and quickest way to farm for xp in the very endgame, what's the best method? Going for the trophy for all skills and it seems like this could take quite awhile!!!!

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Last area question:
Can I return to fountainhead after beating divine dragon/the game? Haven't got all the red carpet scales yet and don't want to hunt them now, rather fight some bosses

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Question about area order

Does it make any difference whether intackle sunken valley or ashina depths first?

Area order,
if you go through the ashina depths first you'll skip a boss that you fight at the end of sunken valley that shows up again part way through the depths. After doing the valley though, you can them go back to the Depths for that boss fight to appear. Depths are also easier in general imo

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Last area question:
Can I return to fountainhead after beating divine dragon/the game? Haven't got all the red carpet scales yet and don't want to hunt them now, rather fight some bosses
Yes. You can always return.

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018
I'm on NG+ and at some point I realized that I lost my resurrections. Even when I rest, they don't return. Is there an item that's doing this or do I just proceed until a story point?

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Damn NG++ GA is kicking my butt so hard, he might stop from getting the plat :(

Any cheese tactics known ?

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Are you finding the ++ that significantly harder? I haven't started it myself yet but now I'm scared lol

Not until GA, it was the first time I completely died, he activated Dragonrot on this playtrough, I believe the rest could be manageable, it's just the first phase of GA that I can't even scratch for the moment.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
OK, I did a lot of stuff before fighting
Genichiro
and now I'm a bit confused on progress, as I've already been through loads of places.
I've currently
killed the 4 monkeys, got the Mortal Blade, gave the woman the rice, and used the puppet/kite combo to get back to Sunken Valley, where there appears to be nothing but a beam to walk across, and no way to progress. I've already cleared the Gun Fort (I'm guessing the bridge I can see from here is the same one i can see behind the locked door after the Gun Fort boss), and the only area I've not fully explored yet is the poison pool, with the second Snake Eyes.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking game

So I finally kill Guardian Ape, and the only place I can think of where I can progress is the poison pool so I warp there. Immediately find a dying guy who saying something about a giant ape. Walk forward and yep, there's that fucker again...

At least he starts in the easier second phase, but they just have to give him a friend this time.
This is where I am. I just had to laugh. Gank Squad and Lud & Zallen have prepared me for this. I hope.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
Anyone here got the all skills achievement already? Im donw with NG+2 and it seems i need to grind for an hour or ao to get 5 skill points maybe more , the fk is this why does it take so long?!!

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
lmfao

i just beat the guardian ape after the 5th try,it took me 10 minutes of just avoiding his attacks and dealing one blow every 40 seconds, it felt good decapitating ugly kong, and while i was walking away from his lifeless corpse, i heard something, i turn around and this MOTHERFUCKER is up holding his head on one hand and a big ass katana on the other hand, i didn't last 5 seconds

i ain't even mad , this is cool as shit

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal that Genchiro took me an hour

I have a lot going on in life the past few years and I feel like I suck at games now

Its a little bit hindering my enjoyment of this game to be perfectly honest

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
OK, I did a lot of stuff before fighting
Genichiro
and now I'm a bit confused on progress, as I've already been through loads of places.
I've currently
killed the 4 monkeys, got the Mortal Blade, gave the woman the rice, and used the puppet/kite combo to get back to Sunken Valley, where there appears to be nothing but a beam to walk across, and no way to progress. I've already cleared the Gun Fort (I'm guessing the bridge I can see from here is the same one i can see behind the locked door after the Gun Fort boss), and the only area I've not fully explored yet is the poison pool, with the second Snake Eyes.

I remember getting they key for the Gun Fort right after Genichiro. Check if you don't have it in your inventory or if it's somewhere in Kuro's room.

EDIT: Just checked, should be in the library in that room.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
FINALLY!! FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY KILLED LADY BUTTERFLY!!!!! my hands are straight up soaked but damn did that feel good.

i now have some questions about post fight and dragon rot if someone could help me out

should i go ahead and cure everyone currently afflicted? i died so much in that fight that after a point, i had infected i think everyone possible up to that point. if i cure everyone now, will i be able to cure more down the road? what am i missing by not curing the NPCs?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
THE SPEAR PULLS OUT THE
THE CENTIPEDE FROM THE HEADLESS APE!!!
My mind is blown right now.

Edit: oh wow it was posted earlier lol.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
This
Bloodborne
boss is trash

What's the problem? The boss doesn't stand a chance because Sekiro has way more tools and agility than anything in bb. What's giving you trouble?

Holy shit! Great find, nice to see there's still stuff to figure out.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY!! FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY KILLED LADY BUTTERFLY!!!!! my hands are straight up soaked but damn did that feel good.

i now have some questions about post fight and dragon rot if someone could help me out

should i go ahead and cure everyone currently afflicted? i died so much in that fight that after a point, i had infected i think everyone possible up to that point. if i cure everyone now, will i be able to cure more down the road? what am i missing by not curing the NPCs?

Wait until you need to do sidequests. You get multiple chances to do it if they become infected again, but there's no point in curing them immediately.

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal that Genchiro took me an hour

I have a lot going on in life the past few years and I feel like I suck at games now

Its a little bit hindering my enjoyment of this game to be perfectly honest
Took me around an hour too. I had to memorize the move set and find the right balance between aggression and blocking.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Captains log day two of being stuck on the blazing bull and lady butterfly. Losing my will to live. Time to play some Yoshi.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
How much attack power do you have , i do as much if not more damage to him in NG++ then NG and i didn't even farm the mask.

I was 29, I just beat him , so now 30, never used the mask either, I need those skill points for the trophy. This one and the all bosses Is what I missed for the plat.

Jun 26, 2018
i dont think the mechanics of this game are that well thought out imo, was really enjoying it until monk.

you can meikiri and jump counter all day but her stamina goes instantly back to zero even before you can immediately attack right after

whats the point at being good at the mechanics when most bosses make you play like dark souls (run around and take pot shots)?

She's insanely open to counterattacks that deal life damage, and once her health is 50%, her posture recovery goes way down.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously, any advice for the final boss? I can get to phase 3/4 but then I have no hope, can't get a read on it at all.

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I have clocked in 27 hours and I am just before my fight with
The divine dragon
and i have to say, beside the Genichiro fight I didn't struggle too much. Bloodborne was way more difficult to me (but it was my first souls game). But I am enjoying the game immensely, what a masterpiece.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the problem? The boss doesn't stand a chance because Sekiro has way more tools and agility than anything in bb. What's giving you trouble?

Holy shit! Great find, nice to see there's still stuff to figure out.
It's going against how I play this game, I don't like it at all. This boss it hot trash.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
can someone explain to me the branch for the cm phase 2 trick?

Grapple to the highest branch and do a jumping stealth kill. Do this immediately after you get the first deathblow.

Facing the direction as you enter the boss room, it's the furthest branch on the left side from you.

Make sure the boss materialize completely first before you do the jumping stealth kill, just in case.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
I have clocked in 27 hours and I am just before my fight with
The divine dragon
and i have to say, beside the Genichiro fight I didn't struggle too much. Bloodborne was way more difficult to me (but it was my first souls game). But I am enjoying the game immensely, what a masterpiece.

I'm also of the opinion that while the game is objectively harder, it's still not going to be harder than the first foray into the sub-genre (for me that was DS1).