• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Then what are you talking about? Because outside of a reused model of slugs, there's very few "actual" connections to BB.

Also, I didn't say it was a souls game... I said all the soulslike games share themes, themes like death and resurrection and cycles, and they're also included in Sekiro, wether or not you consider it a soulslike or not.
The lore itself seems connected.

And we have the japanese guy in BB. Of course we cannot be sure, but the connections are there

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I just bloody fucking HATE
I fucking hate you have to fight bloody genicihro over, over and over again after every fucking wipe. First phase of the shit boss aint too hard but all his abilities after just tracks middle of the air and such. I just get frustrated and pissed the fuck off.
every part of the last fight of the game. It is just boring, long and infuriating. Is it possible to make someone else beat this shitty fight for me? Like if i hand out my cloud save?

Game is just pissing me right off.

LapinLopLuna

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the game.
After reading here I was really anxious that the final boss would be just too hard.
Fighting Genichiro each time was annoying but at least his phase is quick if you play aggressive.
Isshin was super overwhelming at the start. Especially just sighting 3 life bars and quickly being defeated in the first phase.
Coming down to it the fight ended up being about how well you can preform the counter moves. keeping up the deflects and landing the counters is really all it is. The last phase is super quick with lightning reversals, but super frustrating if you mess it up.
Dont know how many attempts it took but was far less than learning Genichiro on the tower.

I got the three good ending via cloud save. Not sure I understood the Dragon one with the frozen tears.
now just on to clearing up before ng+ to get the other end. Demon of Hatred seems super annoying..

Favourite boss so far might be Genichiro or Owl on the roof.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a shame that there's no incentive to kill optional mini bosses in NG+. You get a gold bag, but money is basically meaningless once you beat the game.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Some good progress today.

Long-arm Gentipede Sen'un. Did it on the 3rd try, but I had fought the giraffe earlier. Killed the minions on the pillars first. Then did a jumping deathblow. Used firecrackers to distract him while I finished the minions. Then deflected attacks, used firecrackers to get my posture back and/or heal and then repeast. A lot easier than the giraffe since I only really needed to do one deathblow

Also finally killed
Seven Achina Spears – Shikibu Toshikatsu Yamauchi. First stealth deathblow, then firecrackers to down his HP. Finally mikiri counters for posture dmg and second deathblow

Now I need to go back and try
Genichiro Ashina
again, but it is so hard.

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
It's its own thing but it is still a From Software game and the parallels between it and Souls are numerous. It is a hard, demanding game. From what you've said, I would either watch some footage of it and decide, or just wait for Ghost of Tsushima or maybe try out Nioh on sale.
Yeah. I think it just burns a bit that we get so few games with this setting, and two out of three in a relatively short period are all in a genre I never got on with. I'm kinda desperate to like them!

Ghost of Tsushima is a day one for me!

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
YEEEEEES! DONE!
I thought I'm gonna get a heart attack in the last phase of the last boss fight, my heart bas beating like crazy. The most exhilirating fight in any game I can think of, to be honest. All the sweat, blood and tears finally pay off, you put everything you've learned into the fight, you learn to overcome fear, to push on, to not give up and you finally prevail. Fucking sublime this game is.

Also,
How the fuck did I miss the Return? I did everything, gave persimons and snake hearts to the divine child, spoke to her in the hall of illusions, gave her rice... Why the fuck did I get Immortal Severance?

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
First wall I'm hitting in the game, Isshin is just stupidly difficult[/cross]

Last edited by a moderator:

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was never a Dark Souls pro, but man, is this game kicking my ass :/
Any tips? I've beating the drunken boss, and I'm now up against Butterfly and the big Ogre in the village. Can't beat either (Butterfly I can understand but I can't beat the Ogre even with a stealth attack first, his run & grab is one of the most infuriating moves I've ever seen in a game). I'm really starting to dislike this game and I was really looking forward to it so it's a double disappointment so far :(

Oct 25, 2017
Demon of Hatred
fucking sucks and is a good reminder why I usually hate Souls boss battles.
I'm just hacking away at the foot of a thing, praying the camera doesn't jump around too much and then get hit by a stomp that lands somewhere near me cause the thing did an instant 45° turn while stomping down.
Just terrible, I was going to kill all the bosses but this isn't fun for me, just bad.

And of course it has three phases. Worst boss in the game so far, easily.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Just on pure levels of frustration and being infuriating, last boss in Sekiro is one of the worst boss fights From has done so far. I just dont think it is a fun and fair fight tbh.

And yes Demon of Hatred is also a shit fight too. I dont find these long and shitty fights fun at all.

Camera is shit on last boss too, it unlocks and flies all over the place when the boss goes super mobile and flies around so you cant see or track shit. So the camera is basically a boss too..

Funny thing is i have watched youtube videos and read tactics exactly on what to do here it is just impossible for me to execute these things flawlessly, which you have to a degree of atleast 80-90% to do this thing. Well i simply just can't and aren't good enough for it.

Last edited:

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Final optional boss down. Didn't even get a full level, heh. Ended up not needed to ressurect and had even some healing charges left.

Put me in the "not a big fan" camp. If only my left index finger stiffens and hurts, if it gets used so little in such a tense enviroment. #oldpeoplewoes

But I'm sure there is a more proper way to it, then the running in circles I did.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Any tips? I've beating the drunken boss, and I'm now up against Butterfly and the big Ogre in the village. Can't beat either (Butterfly I can understand but I can't beat the Ogre even with a stealth attack first, his run & grab is one of the most infuriating moves I've ever seen in a game). I'm really starting to dislike this game and I was really looking forward to it so it's a double disappointment so far :(

These things worked on me
- Do the other boss first if you haven't to get a bit more dmg.
- Take your time. She is a good for learning.
- Try to deflect, but if that doesn't work blocking is essential. Know that keeping block up heals posture faster.
- Her perilous attacks are pretty easy to distinquish from each other. If she uses one while up, you should dodge (or hit her with a shuriken). If she uses one while down, jump and jump again do do posture dmg.
- On the second phase, run around till she snaps her fingers and the phantoms will turn into homing projectiles. Hide behind a pillar and keep block up.
- She will also use some projectiles. Try to dodge to the side or behind a pillar. Use block if you are in a bad spot.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
YEEEEEES! DONE!
I thought I'm gonna get a heart attack in the last phase of the last boss fight, my heart bas beating like crazy. The most exhilirating fight in any game I can think of, to be honest. All the sweat, blood and tears finally pay off, you put everything you've learned into the fight, you learn to overcome fear, to push on, to not give up and you finally prevail. Fucking sublime this game is.

Also,
How the fuck did I miss the Return? I did everything, gave persimons and snake hearts to the divine child, spoke to her in the hall of illusions, gave her rice... Why the fuck did I get Immortal Severance?

Did you get the Frozen Tears from her? Did you actually give it to Kuro at the very end?

If you got the items needed for the various ending, the ending you get is decided by what you give.

This also means you can get the achivements for 3 endings in one run if you save scum.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I dont know what to do...,

I have beated both the Guardian Ape fights and last i did was clear out Hidden Forest.
How do i progress further?

Oct 25, 2017
"Okay, I'm making some progress, this is going well I thi..."
*camera suddenly spins around while the boss charges me and kills me in one hit*

Not even gonna try this boss again, this is just luck, nothing else. If the camera decided to be functional it might be doable, if annoying and not fun.
But then it decided to just freak out 10 minutes in, nothing I can do to prevent this, nothing I can do to counter it. Might happen 30 seconds in, might happen right as I'm about to land the last hit who knows.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Solid progress yesterday. Cleared Hirata Estates and reached the top of Ashina Castle. It only took me ~15 tries to beat the boss there. I may not be the absolute worst at this game.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Wait a minute is this what I think it is?
Bottom of the water in Fountainhead Palace where you pick up a prayer bead in a chest and where there are two headless is a dead skeleton carp covered in worms? Is this the source of the infested undying? The temple monks etc being "blessed by the worm".

Last edited:

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I would focus on the ogre's path, it is far easier than ladyB. There are some evesdrops you can do to learn it's weakness. Some back an forth to th dream world and exploration should help as well.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
"Okay, I'm making some progress, this is going well I thi..."
*camera suddenly spins around while the boss charges me and kills me in one hit*

Not even gonna try this boss again, this is just luck, nothing else. If the camera decided to be functional it might be doable, if annoying and not fun.
But then it decided to just freak out 10 minutes in, nothing I can do to prevent this, nothing I can do to counter it. Might happen 30 seconds in, might happen right as I'm about to land the last hit who knows.
From all the things Sekiro inherits from the Souls games, the fucking camera should have been fixed by now. I died so many times because of the camera already... really annoying.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
killed the
double apes in the first try, easiest boss fight in this game in my opinion.
the main ape is incredibly predictable and the other ape has very little health.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Last boss in Sekiro has won the grand prize of worst boss fight of all time for me. I just can't finish this game.

to me it's one of the best boss battles I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing

you definitely need to learn the patterns though, but when you do and you steamroll through him it's sooo satisfying.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
to me it's one of the best boss battles I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing

you definitely need to learn the patterns though, but when you do and you steamroll through him it's sooo satisfying.

I know all the patterns etc and have watched YT videos, tactics etc. Still, i just can't and it is just boring to redo the same fucking beginning phase again over and over. So no it is the worst fight in any from soft game i have played. Nothing during the fight feels fun and satisfying either just cheap, fast and idiotic.

I mean if you are really fucking good at the game and can improve and get better i understand if it can be a good fight but for me. It is just BAD.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did you get the Frozen Tears from her? Did you actually give it to Kuro at the very end?

If you got the items needed for the various ending, the ending you get is decided by what you give.

This also means you can get the achivements for 3 endings in one run if you save scum.
Daaaamn
What I did was
was go check on ger right before the last boss fight, doors to her chamber were
closed so I assumed that there's nothing more to get from her. Went back after the fight but before starting NG+ and she gave me the frozen tears :( Well fuck.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well i dont have the personal ability to just do it. Probably won't see the end of the game thanks to this shitty fight.

I mean i regress at the game now and get stuck on the
Genichiro
shit phase again. Fuck. this. shit.
all i can say is dont give up...look at me i was stuck for 8 hours or more at that fucker :p

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last boss in Sekiro has won the grand prize of worst boss fight of all time for me. I just can't finish this game.
It's a boss that takes everything you've learned at that point and challenges you with one final difficult exam. It's hard a fuck, but there's nothing unfair about it, just keep going at it and memorize those attack patterns.

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm really curious about the last boss. I only fought him 3 times and got to the end of the second phase and things seemed hard but not insane. Is the third phase just broken? I had a lot of fun with him so far.

From all the things Sekiro inherits from the Souls games, the fucking camera should have been fixed by now. I died so many times because of the camera already... really annoying.
Yeah, From deserves so much more shit for their camera than they get.
It's such an integral part and especially in a game where one mistake might kill you it's insane that they can't get it working properly after 5 games.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I stayed closer to him, sidestepping grabs, using firecrackers, and hacking away. He's one of the few I can see feeling overwhelmed because just blocking to figure out patterns at first doesn't work as well. Keep at it.

Also if you rush up on him when he's still shackled, come up to him on his left. Like walk right into his side and you get the first deathblow sign. No needing to wait for him to de-aggro after he breaks free. Saves time. You'll get it.

Jul 20, 2018
Wait a minute is this what I think it is?
Bottom of the water in Fountainhead Palace where you pick up a prayer bead in a chest and where there are two headless is a dead skeleton carp covered in worms? Is this the source of the infested undying? The temple monks etc being "blessed by the worm".

I think those are the same as the "Truly Precious Bait you can feed to the Carp.