• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
Here's a protip, loud and clear, for you or anyone else:

USE
DOUBLE
ICHIMONJI

This move is so OP and so much more useful than anything else in the game it's absolutely ridiculous. You simultaneously deal posture damage while recovering your own posture. I honestly can't believe Ichimonji (single and double) is the only combat art in the game that works that way. It renders every other combat art in the game worthless in terms of actual usefulness, especially against bosses.

And here's another protip if you or anyone else is still having issues recovering your own posture:

PUTTING YOUR GUARD UP
MAKES YOU RECOVER
POSTURE MUCH QUICKER

And a last one:

AGAINST BOSSES
USE FIRECRACKERS
BEFORE HEALING

It would be so good if the double ichimonji worked with the last boss second phase

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
What's the most useful/op/fun Combat Art in your opinion?

And while we're at it, same question goes for Skill Tree in general and Prosthetic Upgrade

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I hate when they surround a mini boss with trash mobs, just slows everything down when you are dying to the boss repeatedly.

Robiin

Oct 26, 2017
I made good progress today. I now have two
Snake hearts, one fresh and one dried
And I don't know what to do with them?

I beat the
Folded monkeys
, really awful fight, not fun at all. Maybe worst puzzle boss in From history?

I am now stuck on a crazy
furious ape boss
, second phase is absolutely brutal and I might need some tips?

Dec 6, 2017
US
Do upgraded prosthetics deal more bazse damage than the prior version btw?
Run away or shield, it's super easy to avoid. Very long tell

Actually I didn't realize you meant THAT shield and found out on my own and it clicked!

Came back in the morning and beat him first try. Probably 6 tries total.

I just wasn't approaching it right like I said. Going toe-to-toe with him turned out to be fun.

Love the lore for his character too...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm using English VA because the story isn't really compelling enough for me to bother with subtitles

And yeah the horseback guy sounds great in English

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Doing the last boss and I'm torn. First two phases are interesting, beause it feels it really rewards being aggressive (and yeah, Ichimonji is busted), but so far I don't have a good feel for that third phase and I really don't want to drag my ass through the others just to get the basics down.

Don't waste my time, stupid videogame.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Guess its time for NG+ beat every boss except the Shura and Purification related ones and got all Prayer Beads except the Purification related ones.

Farming for materials or skill point is probably better done in NG+

Edit: should probably get Lapis Lazuli from the carp guy

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Agreed. I believe I mentioned level design was phenomenal and I thought the same way you did. I just felt like I got to the choice for which ending and felt like I wanted that to be the first third. Give me more FROM! DLC with some more difficult fights.
I doubt this game will have any DLC, I think if it was the case the had already announced it. Strange coming from an Activision collaboration though.

Aside from the recycled arenas, which shows that they had more ideas for the game and didn't have enough time to develop them is
Abandoned Dungeon. Only a room with a new enemy type, and the big hole (NISA would be proud) seems to go deeper that what you finally explore. I think that they wanted to do a dark area in the game but they finally only created a few rooms.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I think I fucked up seeing the multiple endings in one play through

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I beat
Owl in Hirata
on my third try on NG+. Missed him on NG so I was worried. Used like 4 gourds and no resurrection. Still not that hard. As long as you take you time while still chasing him down to interrupt when necessary, it's not too bad. You just gotta have the confidence to interrupt him, he's too slow.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got to last phase on final boss, didn't survive long but I guess this is doable. Inchimonji double is pretty great on some situations even in this fight. Anyone used those shock resistance items? Do they help?

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a protip, loud and clear, for you or anyone else:

USE
DOUBLE
ICHIMONJI

This move is so OP and so much more useful than anything else in the game it's absolutely ridiculous. You simultaneously deal posture damage while recovering your own posture. I honestly can't believe Ichimonji (single and double) is the only combat art in the game that works that way. It renders every other combat art in the game worthless in terms of actual usefulness, especially against bosses.

And here's another protip if you or anyone else is still having issues recovering your own posture:

PUTTING YOUR GUARD UP
MAKES YOU RECOVER
POSTURE MUCH QUICKER

And a last one:

AGAINST BOSSES
USE FIRECRACKERS
BEFORE HEALING

The only thing more OP than Ichimonji is jump->Ichimonji.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I beat
Owl in Hirata
on my third try on NG+. Missed him on NG so I was worried. Used like 4 gourds and no resurrection. Still not that hard. As long as you take you time while still chasing him down to interrupt when necessary, it's not too bad. You just gotta have the confidence to interrupt him, he's too slow.
its just a long fight and it kinda sucks when i die late in the fight

Jul 20, 2018
I doubt this game will have any DLC, I think if it was the case the had already announced it. Strange coming from an Activision collaboration though.

Aside from the recycled arenas, which shows that they had more ideas for the game and didn't have enough time to develop them is
Abandoned Dungeon. Only a room with a new enemy type, and the big hole (NISA would be proud) seems to go deeper that what you finally explore. I think that they wanted to do a dark area in the game but they finally only created a few rooms.

I dunno, Bloodborne didn't have DLC announced by this point either. Could be that they're waiting to see how well the game performs. I think if we don't get an announcement before the end of E3 we'll know there's no DLC.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019

You are assuming a lot my friend, really a lot

Jun 26, 2018
I'm trying to go back to DS3 and I'm finding it so much more difficult than Sekiro, like holy shit, I feel like I can barely do anything in combat now.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
Still dying on
spear phase of isshin. I've tried running circles, I've tried head on. I just can't seem to get a safe, consistant way to attack him. His spear always clips me at some point.
. Not sure what I can do now.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, you can really fly through the game in NG+ huh? I made it to Ashina Castle in like 30 minutes and that includes killing all the enemies and mini-bosses (which is kinda pointless now but whatever).
Really doesn't feel like the game is much harder?

Still dying on
spear phase of isshin. I've tried running circles, I've tried head on. I just can't seem to get a safe, consistant way to attack him. His spear always clips me at some point.
. Not sure what I can do now.

Deflect his jumping attacks, get one hit in and retreat. Whenever you can Miriki counter, get one hit in retreat.
It's a boring strategy but it works.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Well then

Just one shot Owl and True Corrupted Monk

How are the Temple arts?

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I cheesed the hell out of

Snake Eyes Shirahagi.

Feel a bit bad about it, but there was no other way to beat the fucker. I'm so tired of mini-bosses surrounded by a mob.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Also, NG+ has been a joke so far. I beat that pushover Genichiro at the start, thus requiring him to cheat to slice off my arm. And, I even beat youknowwho in the Hirata Estate on my first go, without dying once. In fact, I've only died once so far (I'm actually kind of pissed about it since I wanted to see how far I could go before unlocking resurrection) and that was by some spear bastard in Hirata. No, not even the Shinobi Hunter who went down quick. One of the regular spear dudes who just cornered me and decided he could poise through all my attacks. Booo.

Still, I'm too damn good at this point.

Did you keep the charm? Play with it off and activate the bell if you think you're that damn good. It should be fun.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I'm using English VA because the story isn't really compelling enough for me to bother with subtitles

And yeah the horseback guy sounds great in English

Normally I'd put on english VA, but I think the game really benefits from having Japanese VA with english subtitles.

I think my biggest critique of the game so far is the divine confetti. Making it a required item for some bosses, and making it so rare in the world is just poor design. The current mini-boss (he's in an early cave) I'm trying to figure out also has some unusual mechanics going on.... I'm going to die a few times learning it, but then I'll be out of confetti and have to grind the blue samurai to slowly get more of it. Infuriating.

Otherwise, it's a sublimely designed game. I might even call it From Soft's best game yet.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Normally I'd put on english VA, but I think the game really benefits from having Japanese VA with english subtitles.

I think my biggest critique of the game so far is the divine confetti. Making it a required item for some bosses, and making it so rare in the world is just poor design. The current mini-boss (he's in an early cave) I'm trying to figure out also has some unusual mechanics going on.... I'm going to die a few times learning it, but then I'll be out of confetti and have to grind the blue samurai to slowly get more of it. Infuriating.

Otherwise, it's a sublimely designed game. I might even call it From Soft's best game yet.
I never used divine confetti for any of the bosses.

Skavi

Feb 13, 2018
i am the complete opposite, multi stage boss fights give spectacle to the fight and remembers me of oldschool games where it was truly epic facing a boss

Sure, but at this point I'm dominating the first two phases of the fight and just want to practice and get good at the third.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

To be fair that boss should be left for mid/end game encounters. You'll find confetti a lot more often by then.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
should i give the
red and white pinwheel to the sad boy?

it feels off somehow, like a side quest trap. first, i think it just feels like the wrong thing to do. like you're just treating him like a child. second, he is mentioned in the rotting prisoner's note, which makes me feel like there's more to that quest

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a link to all the merchants and there locations?

Oct 25, 2017
should i give the
red and white pinwheel to the sad boy?

it feels off somehow, like a side quest trap. first, i think it just feels like the wrong thing to do. like you're just treating him like a child. second, he is mentioned in the rotting prisoner's note, which makes me feel like there's more to that quest
Half Spoilers:
There is something else you can give him, maybe something that's closer to what he's looking for

Full spoilers (like, all the spoilers)
Giving him the red and white pinwheel doesn't complete his quest, there is another pinwheel in the world you can give him. I think you need to do that for a certain ending. If you send him to the dungeon you get some items but he is dead afaik. You can also send him to a merchant who will then have more items in stock.