• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Owl (1st) is the one boss that I can't be bothered with and just cheese him out.

Owl (Hirata) just defeated after 5th try or so. Used all healing items plus a budda and rice. I could have died and restarted without wasting these items but fuck it, I was in control and I knew I can beat him. This was my first time fighting him since I didn't know about second Hirata in my first playthrough and my second I picked Shura.

Even if I can't beat the final boss in new game ++ at least with this save I got all bosses and I can grind the skills at least but I got faith I can do it.

I will stop for today as I feel I accomplished a lot.

20190416-005700.jpg

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Owl (1st) is the one boss that I can't be bothered with and just cheese him out.

Owl (Hirata) just defeated after 5th try or so. Used all healing items plus a budda and rice. I could have died and restarted without wasting these items but fuck it, I was in control and I knew I can beat him. This was my first time fighting him since I didn't know about second Hirata in my first playthrough and my second I picked Shura.

Even if I can't beat the final boss in new game ++ at least with this save I got all bosses and I can grind the skills at least but I got faith I can do it.

I will stop for today as I feel I accomplished a lot.

20190416-005700.jpg
Those achievements percentages are much lower than PSN. For example, the first one has 9.6% unlock rate right now.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Almost to the end of NG+2 for ending number three. Skill points just aren't building up the way I thought they would. Gonna have to get serious w/ farming on NG+3. :(

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Made it through Ogre, the miniboss after, and up through the Shinobi Hunter in Hirata in NG + without dying. I could have made it further, but the second spear bro killed me shortly after, the one hiding in the bamboo. I got nervous and tried to run, got stuck in the bamboo, and got lampooned.

Anyway, it's fun how you can just clean up all this stuff in NG + fairly easily. I had pretty much cleaned through all enemies in Hirata without refreshing until that point. I was basically parry killing everything, even with several guys swarming me. Gonna call it quits for today though. But I'm curious to face Lady Butterfly again.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Made it through Ogre, the miniboss after, and up through the Shinobi Hunter in Hirata in NG + without dying. I could have made it further, but the second spear bro killed me shortly after, the one hiding in the bamboo. I got nervous and tried to run, got stuck in the bamboo, and got lampooned.

Anyway, it's fun how you can just clean up all this stuff in NG + fairly easily. I had pretty much cleaned through all enemies in Hirata without refreshing until that point. Gonna call it quits for today. But I'm curious to face Lady Butterfly again.
Real talk the 2 spear monk guys in that bamboo area are the hardest non-boss encounter in the game for me. I remember having a really rough time with them on my first playthrough because of how buggy stealth killing the first guy was on the stairs. I came back there after NG+ thinking I would wipe the floor with them as revenge and got my ass handed to me for trying to fight them at the same time.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
How do you cheese the final boss??

I saw a video of a lady who kept running and one striking with mortal draw skill once he jump/plunge on the ground. Takes way too long and didn't work out for me so I did it my way:

Throw oil at the start of every phase - oki flame vent - two hits and he should be on fire. Weaker posture and enough time to weaken him more or heal. The rest is deflect/attack like normal.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I think I can say that the fan shield might be the most broken prosthetic tool in the game. With the right one you can make jokes out of many of the bosses. Headless Ape? Not a problem anymore and with the Projected Force ability they even have a followup attack that can do quite a bit of posture damage.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
How do you cheese the final boss??
There is a way to prevent his second phase but not his third but the second phase is the hardest for me anyways. You have to keep attacking him like a madman as soon as you do the first death blow. The firecracker is useful for preventing him from entering that phase as well.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Holy shit I hate
owl
I know you hold block to reduce posture but he doesn't give me time to use it. I actually got him to 5% on second phase so I know I can do it, but it's taking me forever. Like Gen did. I block/deflect several hits and still can't get one slash in. I know what to do, just can't seem to execute.

Right now one of my biggest obstacles is my trigger finger for blocking hurts from overuse.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So guys... I could use some directions...

After killing Genichiro I kinda randomly wandered around the world... I killed a few random minibosses and last night I stumbled upon the Guardian Ape which, afaik, is a main boss right?

My main worry about the game is to "main line it" too much and miss random side stuff.

Is there anywhere I should absolutely checkout?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
So, I just cannot believe anyone has beaten DoH. For my sanity, I'm just gonna accept that its all lies and edited footage

It's by a huge margin the boss that's kicking my ass the hardest, I haven't even got to its final phase after more than an hour of tries. The final boss was much much easier to me

Last edited:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just cannot believe anyone has beaten Demon of Hatred. For my sanity, I'm just gonna accept that its all lies and edited footage

It's by a huge margin the boss that's kicking my ass the hardest, I haven't even got to its final phase after more than an hour of tries. The final boss was much much easier tho me

Flame umbrella is your friend. Just tank the big hits and redirect them for big damage.

I absolutely hated this guy my first time through but just using the umbrella he's actually really fun.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
So guys... I could use some directions...

After killing Genichiro I kinda randomly wandered around the world... I killed a few random minibosses and last night I stumbled upon the Guardian Ape which, afaik, is a main boss right?

My main worry about the game is to "main line it" too much and miss random side stuff.

Is there anywhere I should absolutely checkout?
you don't need to worry about this stuff at all. just do your thing

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Fighting O'rin on NG++ without the charm is BY AND LARGE the toughest fight so far. I'm getting absolutely destroyed.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no,.I had the last boss nearly finished and then as usual I panicked and like a idiot changed my strat. He's not that complicated, deflect everything!

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
So, I just cannot believe anyone has beaten Demon of Hatred. For my sanity, I'm just gonna accept that its all lies and edited footage

It's by a huge margin the boss that's kicking my ass the hardest, I haven't even got to its final phase after more than an hour of tries. The final boss was much much easier to me

Are you seeking advice, or do you just need to vent on that boss? It sounds like you've looked things up already so I'm not sure.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Flame umbrella is your friend. Just tank the big hits and redirect them for big damage.

I absolutely hated this guy my first time through but just using the umbrella he's actually really fun.

That might be it, those fire attacks are wrecking me

I'm using some of the spirits falls for buffs and also the whistle, so I might not have the number of emblems I need for all that though

Are you seeking advice, or do you just need to vent on that boss? It sounds like you've looked things up already so I'm not sure.

Both? lol

I saw one video of someone fighting it, but not anything deeper than that

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, but even when I'm deflecting correctly she regains her posture pretty much instantly.

Her posture regen is slightly below average, as even at max vitality it's relatively slow. She only does grab after a break so it never hits. This means in normal circumstance the only time you see perilous is a sweep (She has no thrust attack). Equip Senpou kick and use that to make quick work of her.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Both? lol

I saw one video of someone fighting it, but not anything deeper than that

My last attempt on the boss in NG charmless bell was not clean but sufficient, which probably works much better as a reference.

I do a very clear counter vs all moves. If you are not sure what's going on please do ask.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
So, I just cannot believe anyone has beaten DoH. For my sanity, I'm just gonna accept that its all lies and edited footage

I'm the complete opposite. I killed DoH in ten tries. I'm at 35 tries with the final boss and I'm completely useless against the third phase.

I fought DoH like a Bloodborne boss and it seemed to work.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Where are you? Just to know when people are hooked from this. I am at gyoubu oniwa but the difficulty is setting me off
  1. I started the Ashina route, but stopped short of the Gyoubo fight
  2. I then switched to the Hirata route and made it all the way to Just the Drunkard, who gave me a bit of trouble
  3. I went back and finished the Gyoubo fight. That one stumped me at first but a quick YouTube tutorial on how to dodge and use firecrackers against him made it much easier
  4. I used his memory to improve my attack power and I believe I had my second vitality upgrade. I also bought a Gourd Seed from the Marchant near the battlefield (I was up to 4 gourds)
  5. I went back to Hirata breezed through everything and got stumped by Lady butterfly.
  6. Switched one last time to the Ashina castle, and by now my stealth game (after a couple of upgrades), my deflection after many timing tests, my mikiri, grasp of prothetics (namely firecrackers and shurikens), etc all vastly improved. Regular enemies take none of my time anymore, and I'm going through mini-bosses without a single death.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Mods make Sekiro look so much nicer. His regular outfit is bland as fuck.

20190415191019-1.jpg

20190415191004-1.jpg
I'm sorry but... that looks like what some weeb would wear at an anime convention 👀

I approve of the beard mod though (even if I prefer the full beard). ^^

Fighting O'rin on NG++ without the charm is BY AND LARGE the toughest fight so far. I'm getting absolutely destroyed.
Yeah she's insanely hard without the charm. I didn't even try more than once or twice. Gave up on going charmless after Shinobi Owl anyway.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
  1. I started the Ashina route, but stopped short of the Gyoubo fight
  2. I then switched to the Hirata route and made it all the way to Just the Drunkard, who gave me a bit of trouble
  3. I went back and finished the Gyoubo fight. That one stumped me at first but a quick YouTube tutorial on how to dodge and use firecrackers against him made it much easier
  4. I used his memory to improve my attack power and I believe I had my second vitality upgrade. I also bought a Gourd Seed from the Marchant near the battlefield (I was up to 4 gourds)
  5. I went back to Hirata breezed through everything and got stumped by Lady butterfly.
  6. Switched one last time to the Ashina castle, and by now my stealth game (after a couple of upgrades), my deflection after many timing tests, my mikiri, grasp of prothetics (namely firecrackers and shurikens), etc all vastly improved. Regular enemies take none of my time anymore, and I'm going through mini-bosses without a single death.

Did you meet the Seven Ashina Spears mini boss at Ashina Outskirts around the castle entrance? That's a challenging mini boss.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Oh yeah? Not as weeby as THIS

68-1554398897-185804401.jpeg

169-1555204320-92770896.png

159-1555139332-1286232677.jpeg
lol yeesh. I give each pic one yike each. xD
Why not give him a DBZ Hawaiian shirt while we're at it... :P

As for the spoiler pic, I'd love a Lady Maria mod, but the voices still being male would weird me out.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I started a new game tonight, and wow, it's a whole new experience. I've been playing for hours talking on several mini bosses and areas, and I have yet to die. Spear guy at Hirata, was a complete joke now that I know Mikiri counters so well. I was fighting the main mini boss there and checked my resurrects, freaked for a second because I had none. Then I realized I hadn't died so I had no resurrects yet, lol.

This game is great.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
So I know I am way behind the crowd on this game, got started like two weeks later, and then had to take a week break, but I started that first memory before finishing the first area, not realizing there kind of was an order. I am at LB, and thinking, oh, maybe I should go back to the real world and finish that first.

Chain guy got me rethinking how I have been playing this whole time. Yes I go slow, but I kind of wish I knew to wait on that part.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Finally killed the last boss. All bosses done, I have no intention of ever fighting this bastard ever again in my life.

Really great game overall, but far from being a masterpiece in my opinion.

About the return ending:

What on earth? Kuro is absorbed by the Child of Rejuvenation. Does he die on all endings? If this is the good ending...