• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just cannot believe anyone has beaten DoH. For my sanity, I'm just gonna accept that its all lies and edited footage

It's by a huge margin the boss that's kicking my ass the hardest, I haven't even got to its final phase after more than an hour of tries. The final boss was much much easier to me
I felt similarly at some points. I always felt that the moves were so easy to learn but because of the tons of HP you just had to be perfect. But it's really not too bad and you'll think the same in hindsight. Just stay on his ass and learn the moves/proper dodge for them. They're all very choreographed.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Finally killed the last boss. All bosses done, I have no intention of ever fighting this bastard ever again in my life.

Really great game overall, but far from being a masterpiece in my opinion.

About the return ending:

What on earth? Kuro is absorbed by the Child of Rejuvenation. Does he die on all endings? If this is the good ending...
In one of the main endings Kuro dies, in the other Sekiro kills himself as part of a ritual to turn Kuro into a normal human.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got the purple gourd, got the purple umbrella upgrade

Those miniboss fights are still cheap, gimmicky garbage that have no place in this game.

Meh.

Oct 27, 2017
I got the Platinum. Took me about 60 hours or so? I swear 10 of those hours was grinding for skill points. At least I could watch stuff on a second screen while I was killing the dude by the stairs in Ashina Castle for like the 100th time lol.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Yeah, after a while I have to step back and take a break.
Sometimes I'd die more often to Genichiro than to Ishin's first phase and I know that when I need to re-focus.

Yep, me too. And after 200 attempts, I STILL haven't made it to the final phase. Third phase is it for me. Ridiculous.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
This game is completely based on momentum. When you're focused and in the zone, you just tear through enemies, deflecting everything, landing your counters. You lose your momentum for a second and the game turns the tables on you instantly.

Yep, me too. And after 200 attempts, I STILL haven't made it to the final phase. Third phase is it for me. Ridiculous.

That 3rd phase. I just suck against spears. I've got the 2nd phase down to a pat. Everything he does I can counter. But spears are very hard to deal with since it's harder to correlate the movement of the hands with the actual hit since the spear is so long. Sometimes I literally have no idea whats going on. When I do get to the 4th phase it's because I got lucky with the mirikis and some deflections. It's still wildly inconsistent.

And I get creamed instantly in the 4th phase.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It's kind of nuts doing NG+ and beating Lady Butterfly and Illusion Corrupted Monk in one try. They took me hours on first play through.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Emma's reward for mastering Ashina worth it? (Endgame)
I assume it was something I was supposed to learn from Tengu that she passed on to him.

If it's what I'm thinking about, it's just another skill tree, and you don't need to get the master art (the one at the end of the tree) from Ashina tree, you just need to get one from any skill tree.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
If it's what I'm thinking about, it's just another skill tree, and you don't need to get the master art (the one at the end of the tree) from Ashina tree, you just need to get one from any skill tree.
That's good, because the only one I want is the one that lets you imbue the sword with flame.
(Though I never did finish the second 'hunt the rats' quest, is that related?)

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's good, because the only one I want is the one that lets you imbue the sword with flame.
(Though I never did finish the second 'hunt the rats' quest, is that related?)

Don't think there is a second rat quest. You do the first, get Ashina tree, get a master art and he gives you another tree (Emma does instead endgame). Everything else he says is just filler.

Also I'd recommend you to get High Monk too, it's busted, trivialises a bunch of bosses and unlike all the other ones, it doesn't cost spirit emblems.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Don't think there is a second rat quest. You do the first, get Ashina tree, get a master art and he gives you another tree (Emma does instead endgame). Everything else he says is just filler.

Also I'd recommend you to get High Monk too, it's busted, trivialises a bunch of bosses and unlike all the other ones, it doesn't cost spirit emblems.
I've only got two bosses left, the final and optional. Just taking some time to build up since I was not having fun with Phase 2(of the real final boss).

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Another weekend, another failure to get past the drunkard first boss.

I've got it down to muscle memory to clear out the pawns. Getting the stealth hit is inconsistent and sometimes it has to be some sort of trigger glitch it doesn't happen, but after that I just get shredded. Even with the ronin's help I can't seem to survive.

I'm sad because I love everything except these boss fights. If I could just have twice as much health or deal more damage or something. Having access to only 2 gourd heals and having 0 pellets makes this shit feel impossible. Even my prosthetic feels useless. oil and then flame doesn't seem to help at all.

like I hear more stories about the spear guy before the fog gate, but that dude I flawlessed once I got the thrust counter skill.

What is going on?

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
How do you cheese the final boss??

I was curious how others got through the boss after I finished the game. One video I found had a guy

Take out phase one as usual. And then just run around the field until ItSS does his jump attack followed by the dash attack. This leaves him open for a second for you to get a couple hits in on his side/back, then rinse and repeat until he has no HP for a free deathblow for each phase. You might be able to sneak in a few more hits here or there.

It takes forever, is boring as hell, but you'll pretty much avoid getting hit entirely. Just watch out for falling off the cliff.

This method actually works for a few other bosses, too.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Can someone tell me if and how one could copy and backup PC saves to get the different endings without playing through the whole game?

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
Just finished, what a arduous ride. Love the game. Not at level of Bloodborne love, but love it. Some bosses were a drag to beat. I think the difficulty is insane and there isn't a proper learning curve.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Another weekend, another failure to get past the drunkard first boss.

I've got it down to muscle memory to clear out the pawns. Getting the stealth hit is inconsistent and sometimes it has to be some sort of trigger glitch it doesn't happen, but after that I just get shredded. Even with the ronin's help I can't seem to survive.

I'm sad because I love everything except these boss fights. If I could just have twice as much health or deal more damage or something. Having access to only 2 gourd heals and having 0 pellets makes this shit feel impossible. Even my prosthetic feels useless. oil and then flame doesn't seem to help at all.

like I hear more stories about the spear guy before the fog gate, but that dude I flawlessed once I got the thrust counter skill.

What is going on?
that isn't a boss, that's a miniboss, and you don't have to do him if you don't want to. go do something else

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Feels so good to beat [late-game] Hirata boss v2 on the first try in NG+++ after he killed me 30+ times in NG. Feels like I've really mastered this fight now. (Though OK I did need to revive at least once... >_>)

Almost at the last ending too, and I actually might get that last skill point (8 out of 9) since NG+++ pays XP by the boatload. But it's 1 AM, argh... tomorrow....

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Do things have vast posture and health on NG+? am I better off replaing NG ?

I mistakenly did the Shura ending and I feel it was a mistake.

NG+ Genichiro seems much harder than I remember..He is a fucking tank.Not getting beads out of minibosses is not rewarding.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Do things have vast posture and health on NG+? am I better off replaing NG ?

I mistakenly did the Shura ending and I feel it was a mistake.

NG+ Genichiro seems much harder than I remember..He is a fucking tank.Not getting beads out of minibosses is not rewarding.
Did you give back the charm to Kuro? If so, that will massively increase boss HP, in addition to making you take damage on blocks (so all deflects must be perfect).

I gave the charm back and NG+ was insanely hard for me. Once I got it back from the Sculptor after giving up, it was basically smooth sailing.

Also in NG+ you should be swimming in gold and Ako's Sugar. Pop a sugar (if low on that, use Ako's Spiritfall) and Divine Confetti (which you can now buy in infinite amounts) and you'll do solid damage and take out bosses very quickly.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Did you give back the charm to Kuro? If so, that will massively increase boss HP, in addition to making you take damage on blocks (so all deflects must be perfect).

I gave the charm back and NG+ was insanely hard for me. Once I got it back from the Sculptor after giving up, it was basically smooth sailing.

Also in NG+ you should be swimming in gold and Ako's Sugar. Pop a sugar (if low on that, use Ako's Spiritfall) and Divine Confetti (which you can now buy in infinite amounts) and you'll do solid damage and take out bosses very quickly.

Thank you! From which merchant can I purchase the confetti ?

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
Holy shit this game is all over the place with its difficulty. I beat
Headless Ape, Illusion Corrupted Monk, and several second half of game mini bosses
on my first attempt and
Owl the first time
only took me a few tries, but the second version of their fight is absolutely D E S T R O Y I N G me

Last edited:

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it. The trick to the last fight was apparently to be 100% super aggressive all the time. Sometimes a phase took like 15 seconds.

Also went into NG+ and I was just being a hilarious murder tornado until I got to the chained ogre, who kept tossing me off a cliff. I'll probably keep going because I want to see the boss that I didn't get in my ending.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Castle. Beaten him before on NG but it's been so long. I don't know why I keep getting caught on his backhand slashes. I'm sitting there afterwards staring at the controller's L1 button as if it's broken. :P I'll get him. Just like to complain about such things!
focus on hitting him after he does curse bomb drops or large overhead smashes. Be more agressive with him as he's not really that fast or responsive. Just be prepared to deflect.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
ffuyX56.gif

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I'm not only cheating the game, but myself I guess.

Souls veteran here. Due to family, house and work I can't commit as much time to Sekiro as I want. To make progress faster, I installed cheat engine and upon reaching a boss, I switch to God mode.
I observe the patterns and practice to parry the attacks. Then I switch back to normal again to fight the boss for real.

It's kind of a time saving shortcut. The surprising thing is, even in God mode, you can't simply hit some bosses. You need to parry and dodge accordingly, otherwise you don't have a chance to hit them.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Can someone tell me if and how one could copy and backup PC saves to get the different endings without playing through the whole game?
Close the game down and copy this folder (backup somewhere safe)

C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Sekiro
alternatively just type %appdata% in the file path and find the sekiro folder.

Copy it before you make the decision with the owl. Copy it again after right before isshin on the non shura endings so you can give kuro all the different combinations of items. When you want to switch saves just paste the copied folder in its place.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got the game on PC when previously I was playing it on PS4. Holy shit, this game is at least 10x easier at a stable 60fps.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not only cheating the game, but myself I guess.

Souls veteran here. Due to family, house and work I can't commit as much time to Sekiro as I want. To make progress faster, I installed cheat engine and upon reaching a boss, I switch to God mode.
I observe the patterns and practice to parry the attacks. Then I switch back to normal again to fight the boss for real.

It's kind of a time saving shortcut. The surprising thing is, even in God mode, you can't simply hit some bosses. You need to parry and dodge accordingly, otherwise you don't have a chance to hit them.
How come you don't just watch a guide on YouTube to learn the patterns. Do you learn quicker with your current method?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hey all, just wondering where I get the charm to give Kuro on new game + as it looks like I'm far too OP to be playing at standard NG+?
any help is much appreciated.