• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
This game gets compared to Bloodborne a lot because its From's other more action-style combat game. In terms of boss fights though they are pretty different for the most part. Sekiro bosses I think require more precision and more learning the battle - some will think this is tedious and others rewarding. Its very difficult to beat many of these bosses in 1 shot or luck into it on the first or second try unless you are extremely gifted - for most of us the tougher bosses are going to require a minimum of an hour of practice and sometimes it might take 4 hours or multiple days of trying.

In Bloodborne, sometimes you'll get stuck on a boss, but then the next boss you might just beat them on the first try by dodging like crazy, maybe getting a little lucky, or maybe been over-leveled. There's something to be said for that, because its a smoother flow and the battles are more unpredictable, and you don't need to learn something new on each boss. You don't have to learn an exact pattern all the time.

I like both, but in terms of bosses I think I prefer the mastery of a boss that Sekiro requires. Bloodborne actually does replicate that, but mainly only in its deeper and optional chalice dungeons, particularly when you are given limited health. Some of the DLC bosses are as tough as Sekiro, but even then I often never felt I mastered a battle or the bosses moveset, just that I survived and outlasted.

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ive spendt about 4~5 hours in the total with the final boss, its the hardest "souls" boss for me, its insane.

Oct 25, 2017
Really tried to get in the game, but I can't stand the combat system.
Figured this would happen, not a fan of parry mechanics at all. Never really used the gun in bloodborne either.
Here is pretty much the only viable option in every fight.

Also don't like just how hard enemies hit (welp there goes 80%-90% of my hp) or how many mini bosses there are.

If it helps, remember a couple of things about deflect -

1. It protects you, your posture bar will not build.
2. It creates an opening for you to attack. Sekiro is about a mix of aggression and deflect, sitting back defensively will put you at a disadvantage.
3. Deflect will increase enemies posture bar, so you are hurting them in more than one ways.

Sometimes a fight can go like this
1. Attack and deflect.
2. Stay on the enemy because their posture bar is healing until you stay on them. Or you do enough physical damage that slows their posture recovery.
3. You focus on their posture bar and not yours, because as long as you parry you are fine, even if it seems like it's yours is full.
4. When you are aggressive some enemies won't or don't get to do certain moves because you are constantly interrupting them. This ends up helping you.
5. You still have to time your attack, obviously, because (unless with the right set up) spamming attack won't work, and the game has an input system where someone once described it as a queue - if you put in a command it's hard to cancel out, so also think about when you are pressing and what command you are using.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've actually been doing okay so far through most of the end game stuff. Only two bosses left!

I'm currently tackling the Demon of Hatred and at first this guy is so overwhelming with all the jumping and swiping and flames fkn everywhere it's hard to tell wtf is even going on, but I've managed to get him halfway down the second health bar on around my 4th or 5th try (which is pretty good for me) so I don't think I'll have as hard a time with this dude as I expected. He looks scary as heck but the hardest parts so far are just managing the burn build up, timing the stomp deflects/blocks accurately, and reacting quick enough to jump out of the way of that danger rush attack. As always, think I just gotta master my reaction times and then hopefully I'll have this sucker down. (In before I finally make it to phase 3 but hit a wall and die 805430 times on it lol.)

Break time for now but whooo getting so close!

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I remember seeing that artwork before i put up the OT.

That said, y'all think we'll be getting DLC for this game? It would be not the norm if they didn't release any DLC. They have for their previous games. (._.)

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I've actually been doing okay so far through most of the end game stuff. Only two bosses left!

I'm currently tackling the Demon of Hatred and at first this guy is so overwhelming with all the jumping and swiping and flames fkn everywhere it's hard to tell wtf is even going on, but I've managed to get him halfway down the second health bar on around my 4th or 5th try (which is pretty good for me) so I don't think I'll have as hard a time with this dude as I expected. He looks scary as heck but the hardest parts so far are just managing the burn build up, timing the stomp deflects/blocks accurately, and reacting quick enough to jump out of the way of that danger rush attack. As always, think I just gotta master my reaction times and then hopefully I'll have this sucker down. (In before I finally make it to phase 3 but hit a wall and die 805430 times on it lol.)

Break time for now but whooo getting so close!

One big key is to stay close. When he jumps away from you never let him get any distance between you, immediately sprint back to him - that is not usually a time to heal.

Mar 22, 2019
Having a jolly old time rampaging through NG+ today on the quest for the Platinum and its great the game has clicked. Genichro was fine, Ape then Twin Apes - no problem, Lady Butterfly? More like Lady Butteryknives with how quickly she was gone.

Made it back to
owl at ashina castle under siege
and was pumped for the Shura ending...then Emma utterly decimates me. I managed to get to Isshina and close to the end of his first phase but had zero healing gourds and reverted back to my dodge, dance, dip, duck and dodge technique.

Time to die and die again learning the moveset but the ramp in difficulty is tangible with those final bosses...

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Having a jolly old time rampaging through NG+ today on the quest for the Platinum and its great the game has clicked. Genichro was fine, Ape then Twin Apes - no problem, Lady Butterfly? More like Lady Butteryknives with how quickly she was gone.

Made it back to
owl at ashina castle under siege
and was pumped for the Shura ending...then Emma utterly decimates me. I managed to get to Isshina and close to the end of his first phase but had zero healing gourds and reverted back to my dodge, dance, dip, duck and dodge technique.

Time to die and die again learning the moveset but the ramp in difficulty is tangible with those final bosses...

lol, yep. been there, done that. You'll get there. Emma just requires practice and learning the tells for grab/thrust/swipe. Isshin's first phase is not that bad. Second phase is really intimidating. There are a few tricks to this battle that make it a lot easier, so if you get stuck let me know - although I've probably posted tips and a video somewhere in the last 20 pages of this thread.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, I finished this game like a month ago but still left one trophy
Learn all the skills, it have been painfully to get.
Right now I need 7 point skills (when I enter ng+ I needed 25+)

The exp balance is awful
Normally I would drop the game, but this is the only trophy I need for the platinum

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So, I finished this game like a month ago but still left one trophy
Learn all the skills, it have been painfully to get.
Right now I need 7 point skills (when I enter ng+ I needed 25+)

The exp balance is awful
Normally I would drop the game, but this is the only trophy I need for the platinum
Yeah it's pretty gnarly how much you have to grind to get that trophy. I'm surprised how high the platinum percentage is tbh. A lot of folks got that trophy. (It's at 8.2%)

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's pretty gnarly how much you have to grind to get that trophy. I'm surprised how high the platinum percentage is tbh. A lot of folks got that trophy. (It's at 8.2%)
Yeah, why they don't put a xp item like the other souls game
Geez or at least sell a item to get a skill point in 50k

Still have some bosses to beat but the XP you learn is ridiculously low

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I think the bosses should give way more XP than they give. Some might take 3 hours to learn to beat, but they give the same XP as grinding grunt enemies for about 5 minutes. To get the platinum you do have to go at least as far as Fountainhead for the lapis that you need. There is a loop in Fountainhead that is pretty good for farming and an even better one on the Ashina Castle outskirts steps. It's tedious though no matter what.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Me again. 3 weeks later and 2 extra healing gourds (4 total) and I STILL cannot beat lady butterfly. Any tips? Specifically the second phase, those off screen butterflies kill me instantly before I can even heal.

Edit: phase 1 I can get by with the sidestep then counter, but phase 2 those butterflies between attacks are chipping away at my health (unblockable?).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Me again. 3 weeks later and 2 extra healing gourds (4 total) and I STILL cannot beat lady butterfly. Any tips? Specifically the second phase, those off screen butterflies kill me instantly before I can even heal.

You might need to increase your vitality first then. She can wait

Two other possible suggestions:

1) hide behind a pillar when she uses her phantom kunai. Usually most or all of it will get absorbed by the pillar.

2) during her second phase the phantom kunai is part of her attack while she is swinging. So to be more conservative, any time you get blocked or deflected (which is 2-3 swings), she is about to use that on you, and when it happens, jump away, don't dash.

3) only attack her when there is an opening. There is one rule only: any time she is up in the air, shriuken her, track her (sometimes the camera loses her), swing and regroup

So your fight can look like this

Second phase starts. Wait behind where she will jump down. Buff (divine confetti or akos sugar), get few free swings in

If she jumps in the air, shriuken (just press it once. Sometimes there will be a delay, but she will react either falling down or jumping down), attack, regroup.

If she summons the illusions, just run around and hide behind a pillar. Don't need to kill the illusions or using snap feed. Only kill here and there if you are low on ammo. Feel free to buff defense while hiding behind the pillar.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
You might need to increase your vitality first then. She can wait

Two other possible suggestions:

1) hide behind a pillar when she uses her phantom kunai. Usually most or all of it will get absorbed by the pillar.

2) during her second phase the phantom kunai is part of her attack while she is swinging. So to be more conservative, any time you get blocked or deflected (which is 2-3 swings), she is about to use that on you, and when it happens, jump away, don't dash.

3) only attack her when there is an opening. There is one rule only: any time she is up in the air, shriuken her, track her (sometimes the camera loses her), swing and regroup

So your fight can look like this

Second phase starts. Wait behind where she will jump down. Buff (divine confetti or akos sugar), get few free swings in

If she jumps in the air, shriuken (just press it once. Sometimes there will be a delay, but she will react either falling down or jumping down), attack, regroup.

If she summons the illusions, just run around and hide behind a pillar. Don't need to kill the illusions or using snap feed. Only kill here and there if you are low on ammo. Feel free to buff defense while hiding behind the pillar.

Thank you so much! Got within 10% of her last health bar! I completely forgot about buffs. And hiding behind the pillar for the stupid off screen butterflies works perfectly. Gave up for now but have confidence again thanks to your tips.

It wasn't a complete waste of an afternoon, in a quest to increase vitality I went on with the campaign and beat the blazing bull on only my fifth try. Yeah!

All these attempts at lady butterfly inadvertently turned me into a stronger player.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you so much! Got within 10% of her last health bar! I completely forgot about buffs. And hiding behind the pillar for the stupid off screen butterflies works perfectly. Gave up for now but have confidence again thanks to your tips.

It wasn't a complete waste of an afternoon, in a quest to increase vitality I went on with the campaign and beat the blazing bull on only my fifth try. Yeah!

All these attempts at lady butterfly inadvertently turned me into a stronger player.

Good shit. And you are just on blazing bull. You are super early, so the fact that you almost got Lady B is a testament of your skill.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Last night I was too lazy to go get a spreading knife from the kitchen so instead, I used the Sekiro letter opener katana as a spoon to eat Nutella. Certainly not my proudest moment.

Sekiro: Nutella Spreads Twice

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I did it! I beat Sekiro! I got the Return ending. \o/

I actually didn't have all that much trouble with most of the end game bosses... although I admit I did check out video guides to help me out with a lot of them. I think around the Guardian Ape I kinda started to get impatient with all the deaths upon deaths upon deaths it'd take me to learn a boss fight on my own, esp when I'd still die a bunch even when I did know all the moves and how to react to them. But even doing that, I found DoH and Isshin way easier than like Father Owl or even Shinobi Owl. Not sure if I just got better towards the end or the strategies to beat them were simply easier for me to grasp. 🤔
Overall Genichiro was by far the hardest boss for me. Then maybe Father Owl and Guardian Ape tied for second, Shinobi Owl third, then DoH, then Isshin, and then the false Corrupted Monk. The rest of the bosses were still hard of course, but those are the ones that really stuck out to me. Honorable mentions to the first Seven Spears and early game Lady Butterfly (before I gave up and came back later to absolutely destroy her).

I don't think this game was quite as WTF-y in the end as I expected. It definitely had its moments of course (the Temple and Ape were messed up, and the giant rope moster definitely made me 'wtf' for a moment there lol), but it was a lot more grounded than I expected, I guess? Although seeing Isshin rise out of Genichiro's body did give me pause, and--I have to imagine Kuro was just in the Divine Child's "heart," but the way they framed the scene def had me like, 'wait is she pregnant with him????' lol. Regardless, I'm glad I could get the ending where as many people as possible "lived." It was actually a happier ending than I was expecting, too. Well, besides the poor Sculptor. Realizing he turned into the DoH made me Big Sad. 8(
I'll probably hit up youtube next to see what the other endings are like and to do a bit of a lore deep dive. I'm pretty sure I understood the story overall, but there's a lot of lore in the item descriptions so I wouldn't be surprised if there was stuff I missed or didn't quite put together.

In the end, I think i feel a bit mixed about the game. It wasn't bad by any means, but having so many bosses kinda just wore me out? Like once you get to the point where you've explored all the locations and are mostly just retreading and moving from boss to boss it started to really drag for me. I kinda reached a point towards the end of the game where the only reason why I was even finishing it was because I was already so close to anyway. And I never quite managed to properly click with the combat. I understood all the mechanics, obviously, seeing as I was able to make it through to the end and beat every boss available to me along the way, but it never really reached a stage where it became satisfying for me to engage in. Which is real unfortunate cuz the world they created was very beautiful and fascinating, I loved the verticality of it, the exploration, and ignoring the repeated stuff I really liked the boss designs, too (esp how many of them were women and none sexualized! :D).
At least I still feel a great sense of accomplishment for beating it, even if it wasn't as overall fun for me as I would have liked. \o/

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
esp how many of them were women and none sexualized! :D)

That's a good point about the female bosses and enemies in the game. The diversity in their fighting styles was nice, too; there were some that were graceful and agile, as is usually done for women in games, but you also had
The Corrupted Monk, who hits like a truck, and the Okami warriors, who were athletic and aggressive. And then the goddamn Snake Eyes with their giant cannons.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
That's a good point about the female bosses and enemies in the game. The diversity in their fighting styles was nice, too; there were some that were graceful and agile, as is usually done for women in games, but you also had
The Corrupted Monk, who hits like a truck, and the Okami warriors, who were athletic and aggressive. And then the goddamn Snake Eyes with their giant cannons.

Emma was a badass too. DLC with her as the playable character would be cool.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Emma was a badass too. DLC with her as the playable character would be cool.
Emma was neat, but just being the warm-up for Isshin was kind of meh. Her move-set is just a diet Ashina style, with a few new quirks.

I'd actually put her in the mid to bottom tier of boss fights, mechanically at least. She's no screen monkeys, but she's down there.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I really appreciated the diversity on all fronts! And that it wasn't just Lady Butterfly at the beginning or kept to only easier mini bosses, but that they were sprinkled throughout the game at varying difficulty. It's so nice to see and for them to not be limited by what's considered traditionally feminine or stereotypical for female characters/enemies. I've only played Bloodborne for the other From Soft/Miyazaki games, but that was the same way and it really makes me appreciate his work and want to branch out more into his other titles!

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
The game is kicking me arse but I am getting some fun out of it. I was able to headfake the Snake and Stab it in it's freaking eye!

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm having some trouble at the start of the Castle. On one hand, there's the Spear miniboss (who can pretty easily one shot me), which unfortunately is preceded by quite a lot of enemies. On the other, there's a general (which I'd like not to skip), who is surrounded by annoying riflemen (who can easily shoot through their friends to hit me, which hardly seems fair).

I should just go back to Lady Butterfly.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
On the other, there's a general (which I'd like not to skip), who is surrounded by annoying riflemen (who can easily shoot through their friends to hit me, which hardly seems fair).

I should just go back to Lady Butterfly.
Best thing to do is grapple to a roof above and do a plunging deathblow on a rifleman. Then grapple back above and repeat until all of them are dead. Then its just you against the general.

Alternatively, you can also go for a plunging deathblow on the general so that he only has one health bar left. Then kill one rifleman and grapple back above and repeat until the general is the only one left. One thing to bear in mind is that when you're fighting multiple enemies, you become invincible as you're performing a deathblow so use that to your advantage when surrounded by those riflemen. They go down pretty easy so it shouldn't be too difficult, as long as you distance yourself from the general as you're killing the riflemen.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Best thing to do is grapple to a roof above and do a plunging deathblow on a rifleman. Then grapple back above and repeat until all of them are dead. Then its just you against the general.

Alternatively, you can also go for a plunging deathblow on the general so that he only has one health bar left. Then kill one rifleman and grapple back above and repeat until the general is the only one left. One thing to bear in mind is that when you're fighting multiple enemies, you become invincible as you're performing a deathblow so use that to your advantage when surrounded by those riflemen. They go down pretty easy so it shouldn't be too difficult, as long as you distance yourself from the general as you're killing the riflemen.
I didn't want to cheese it, but I'll probably end up doing that. I know about the invulnerability but they quite often hit me before I get the first couple of hits of the second rifleman, then while I'm staggered another one hits, and then comes the general. I'll probably come back later to the Spear dude.

My first try against Lady Butterfly went quite well, though I'm not sure how many phases are in that fight.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to cheese it, but I'll probably end up doing that. I know about the invulnerability but they quite often hit me before I get the first couple of hits of the second rifleman, then while I'm staggered another one hits, and then comes the general. I'll probably come back later to the Spear dude.
Yeah, if you keep getting hit when you face the riflemen then it's best to cheese it and kill them one-by-one. I'm not sure how much Attack Power I had when I faced them but I found myself quickly killing a rifleman with a deathblow. Or you can keep running around and once they shoot at you, use those precious seconds you have to quickly get a hit in and then keep running again and repeat that, making sure that the general doesn't catch up to you. Or you can run back down and lead the general there, and then go back up and face the riflemen as the general tries to return to you.

Alternatively, you can just ignore them and try them later. Some skippable bosses may have other ways to access them once you explore and open up more shortcuts.

My first try against Lady Butterfly went quite well, though I'm not sure how many phases are in that fight.
Yeah, as long as you avoid her perilous attack from the air, you should be good since there are quite a few opportunities to get some quick hits in to slowly whittle down her health bar so that she doesn't regain her posture quickly. From then on, just try to parry, counter-attack and dodge as best as you can to build up her posture. I actually found the general fight easier than hers.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
That General you can do a leaping backstab on to take out 1 bar of health from the roofs on the right side of the stairs and then quickly move from rifleman to rifleman and take them out rapidly - just keep moving, because the go down pretty easy (you can parry rifle shots). I wouldn't waste the leaping deathblow on a rifleman. Then take on the general with 1 bar of health.

I don't remember a spear miniboss there - what was the location?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
You can fight the Seven Spears miniboss at Ashina Reservoir without fighting any other enemies. I think it's important to that fight, and a big part of what the game is trying to teach with that boss. He has some weird moves and mix-ups, and as a result I think basically every player that encounters him at that point in the game will have to fight him multiple times. Clearing the entire arena every time is very tedious and is likely to make the player impatient and more error-prone—trying to find a way to fight him without fighting anyone else is the first time (IMO) that the game really emphasizes that it might be wise to skip enemies and focus on your target in some situations.

To fight him without aggroing anyone else:
start at the Ashina Reservoir, run down the stairs deeper into the reservoir, and jump onto the narrow wall. run to the right along the wall, around the bend, then jump off the wall to the right. use the root to grapple up onto the area with the tower and the miniboss, then grapple up onto the tower. do a plunging attack onto the miniboss, then pull him to his left (back around the tower in the direction you just came from) so that you don't aggro the rifleman in the brush down the hill. it takes all of ten seconds from the idol, and lets you start the fight with him down a deathblow

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Seven Spears is one of the hardest mini-bosses in the game IMO. Leave him for later (you don't ever really need to go there). The key is mikiri counter and then deflecting his followup (he has two big attacks he can use, and if you deflect them, he gets staggered for a couple seconds). But he mixes up his moves so often that it's really easy to just mess up and get smashed (he does a ton of damage).

If you're upgrading your shuriken, you should be able to take out the riflemen in a few charged shots (max). The others will become suspicious, but as long as you're far enough away, nobody will see you. Then you can get the stealth deathblow on the samurai and fight him solo (he's pretty much the same as all the rest, just with more vitality and damage).

But you should be at a point where you can beat Lady Butterfly now. For me, aggression was the key. Chase her down and force her to fight back; learning her patterns is easy, and the second phase is almost the same (you just have to do a bit more dodging because the butterflies do chip damage). You can run and/or use the pillars when she does the swarm attack, and the illusions die in one hit and can refill your spirit emblems (you can also use snap seeds, but it doesn't really seem worth it). You can shoot her down with a shuriken when she does the aerial grab attack, but it's risky (sometimes you'll miss, and you won't be able to dodge in time), so it's better just to move or dodge out of the way and then get a hit in if you can.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...some of you guys really went out of your way to kill those riflemen, huh.

I also just used one of the upgraded shurikens to kill each without leaving the roof. They can't really see you if you're high enough.

EDIT: I also strongly disagree with Seven Spears being a notably hard fight. It took some tries, but with clearing the area + getting a stealth blow, it felt like a very fair and satisfying fight.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't think there's really a reason to kill them unless you're trying to grind a level out or something.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: I also strongly disagree with Seven Spears being a notably hard fight. It took some tries, but with clearing the area + getting a stealth blow, it felt like a very fair and satisfying fight.
He has way more damage and vitality than most similar mini-bosses at that point in the game. I suspect he was intended to be left for later (certainly until after the first time change).

Hard doesn't mean it's not fair and satisfying. It's just that he doesn't leave you a lot of room for error if you go there (and his arena is very unfriendly, as stairs change the effective range of attacks, with somebody who already has huge range).

It's of course possible to beat him without taking any damage the very first time you have a chance to get to the reservoir. But I can't think of many fights that are more punishing for the point in the game when you encounter them (maybe Snake Eyes, but they have some tricks that make it easier, especially after the patch).

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
It's near Ashina Reservoir. There's a small area with a couple of riflemen, a couple of samurai and two big dudes. Then, the Spear miniboss is on top of some stairs, in front of a small building (on a cliff).

Oh, yeah him. I thought you meant at the castle. Yeah, you can sneak behind him for a death blow the way you went to Kuro at the start, but you typically need to clear the area in front of him before you do that if you don't want some other people coming over to help him.

He's difficult because at this point you probably aren't great with the mikiri counter or reading well between thrusts and sweeps. Some recommend firecrackers (which are useful against most minibosses). I used the loaded axe and was very aggressive and that got it done, but don't know if that was just a lucky run. Later in the game you fight someone similar and by then I was able to do it versus both health bars and no prosthetic, just fight straight up.

Mar 22, 2019
hzlBWuDm.jpg

Platinum Journey Update:
NG+ got through Shura ending and then obliterated every other boss all the way through to this part - including demon of hatred!
So now the farming begins and then inspiration! My garage "gym" + PS Remote Play + Surface Pro + Elliptical = 1hr a night farming for final THIRTY FOUR SKILL POINTS.

This game...

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
He's difficult because at this point you probably aren't great with the mikiri counter or reading well between thrusts and sweeps. Some recommend firecrackers (which are useful against most minibosses). I used the loaded axe and was very aggressive and that got it done, but don't know if that was just a lucky run. Later in the game you fight someone similar and by then I was able to do it versus both health bars and no prosthetic, just fight straight up.
Distinguishing between thrusts and sweeps has gone alright so far, mostly the Mikiri counter doesn't really do that much posture damage against this guy unfortunately. I'll have to try going around the back and getting him down an health bar, that should make it more manageable.

TheMilkGuy

Oct 27, 2017
hzlBWuDm.jpg

Platinum Journey Update:
NG+ got through Shura ending and then obliterated every other boss all the way through to this part - including demon of hatred!
So now the farming begins and then inspiration! My garage "gym" + PS Remote Play + Surface Pro + Elliptical = 1hr a night farming for final THIRTY FOUR SKILL POINTS.

This game...
Dude, this trophy is getting on my nerves. I still need 15 skill points to buy the last 2 skills. This is tedius AF. This was clearly meant to be played until ng+3 or 4 to get all skills.

Mar 22, 2019
Dude, this trophy is getting on my nerves. I still need 15 skill points to buy the last 2 skills. This is tedius AF. This was clearly meant to be played until ng+3 or 4 to get all skills.

It's frustrating because it's easy in principle but time consuming. I'm honestly ok with the rinse repeat listening to a podcast and hammering away on the elliptical. Managed 20 skill points in about 2hrs yesterday - but that's 2hrs wasted to get a trophy vs 2hrs playing a new game!

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
It's frustrating because it's easy in principle but time consuming. I'm honestly ok with the rinse repeat listening to a podcast and hammering away on the elliptical. Managed 20 skill points in about 2hrs yesterday - but that's 2hrs wasted to get a trophy vs 2hrs playing a new game!

Yeah, and I don't know about you guys but I was never carrying around 6 or 9 skill points or in a situation where i could acquire that many at a time.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
The Spear dude is down, finally. It took longer than it should have, but not that much thanks to the alternative route you guys explained.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
The Spear dude is down, finally. It took longer than it should have, but not that much thanks to the alternative route you guys explained.

You are kinda at the point that for me was the biggest roadblock of the game. The mini bosses around the Reservoir and the Ashina castle boss in particular. That boss though will get you better at parrying and you'll feel like you understand how to play better, but this section can be a roadblock - try not to get frustrated because it does open up a bit after that.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I can't beat who I think is the final boss. Help.

Isshin, after beating Genichiro for the last time.

Seriously I can't seem to hit this dude more than twice every time I've tried so far, and I've been stuck on him for like two hours now. His posture heals super fast so unless you're super aggressive (which he doesn't allow you to do most of the time) I can't seem to be able to damage him at all. You're basically allowed one mistake or two, and then you're fucked. And he's got three health bars (that I know, but it wouldn't suprise me if there was still another phase after this.)

The rest of the game so far was hard but in true From Software fashion with every death I felt like I was learning the fight. This dude though? I just hit a brick wall. Any tips?

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I can't beat who I think is the final boss. Help.

Isshin, after beating Genichiro for the last time.

Seriously I can't seem to hit this dude more than twice every time I've tried so far, and I've been stuck on him for like two hours now. His posture heals super fast so unless you're super aggressive (which he doesn't allow you to do most of the time) I can't seem to be able to damage him at all. You're basically allowed one mistake or two, and then you're fucked. And he's got three health bars (that I know, but it wouldn't suprise me if there was still another phase after this.)

The rest of the game so far was hard but in true From Software fashion with every death I felt like I was learning the fight. This dude though? I just hit a brick wall. Any tips?

My tips for this guy are here.

And here is a video of my NG+ run.