• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
THAT FUCKERS BACK I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP WHEN I DIDN'T SEE HIS BODY FUCK FUCK FUCK

WHY DIDN'T THAT DUMBASS FINISH HIM WITH THE MORTAL BLADE

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
He throws you into the wall and then the camera doesnt have any clue on what to do.

With the input buffer, and Im not even sure if it is input buffer or something else, but there is some kind of input delay or ignoring input after you pressed a button multiple times in a row. This was first really noticeable for me when I had to double jump to a wall and then ledgegrab. I jumped to the wall and then instinctly clicked jump again several times. But then when I had to ledgegrab, it completely ignored my presses even though it was timed correctly and with no other button presses. If I only pressed the second jump once it would be fine, but its like it makes a queue of all your button presses so the action you want to do and would expect it to do, doesnt happen.
Ah, I'm so used to the 'input buffer' in Dark Souls and the fact that you can't cancel any animation ever, so I can't say I've ever experienced this myself considering you can pretty much cancel any animation/attack in Sekiro.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
A p e E l i m i n a t e d

great fucking boss fight

BTW, if you have the umbrella (I think maybe you need the purple one), you can just hide under it when he does that AOE terror attack. It makes
his second phase so much easier and faster. Other than that you just parry and wait for his overhead slice and if you block that you get 4-5 hits in after. Jump over his red kanji swipe. And jump over to the left of his belly slide attack and get a couple of hits in.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Jump backwards to the left I think on Ape's grab attacks. The mistake I think most people make when they first meet Ape is being to tentative around him. His hits can be parried and he's very open to damage. Due to his nature, most of his kanjis are going to require jumping to avoid (I don't really recall any thrust attack).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The Ape is the next big boss I'll deal with, so this info is very helpful :) I just cleared the folding screen monkeys (interesting idea for a boss fight) and they were pretty easy really. The long arm centipede boss was pretty straight forward as well, he gets lots of consecutive attacks which are easy to parry, so if you can sneak up on him he goes down quick.

Now that I'm going after the Guardian Ape, assuming I go for a few different endings, roughly how far am I through the game? I got Yakuza 7 coming next week and am hoping to at least be near the end of the game by the time that arrives (I do want to see all the different bosses the game has to throw at me though, its my favourite part of these games).

Dec 6, 2017
US
So I started a second playthrough from scratch after just giving up on the final boss when it originally came out. I was kind of sour on the game overall and decided I really need to give it another shot and lo and behold, I really love it this time around.

It's kind of nuts that it took essentially an entire playthrough for me to actually git gud but well, that's what it took it seems? I'm suddenly Matrix-ing and pretty fucking good at parrying and somehow even reading the kanji moves which were the bane of my existence the first time around.

I beat Genichiro on my fourth try last night and while I do love that fight, that last phase, my god. That whole "catch lightning in the air and retaliate" seems to be totally random on my part, if I can land it or not that is. Some of the shit in his last phase I still have no idea how to counter because I'm too scared to fuck up so I end up running around like a madman and getting cheap shots in and only starting a parry game when his health is pretty far down.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
The Ape is the next big boss I'll deal with, so this info is very helpful :) I just cleared the folding screen monkeys (interesting idea for a boss fight) and they were pretty easy really. The long arm centipede boss was pretty straight forward as well, he gets lots of consecutive attacks which are easy to parry, so if you can sneak up on him he goes down quick.

Now that I'm going after the Guardian Ape, assuming I go for a few different endings, roughly how far am I through the game? I got Yakuza 7 coming next week and am hoping to at least be near the end of the game by the time that arrives (I do want to see all the different bosses the game has to throw at me though, its my favourite part of these games).

I don't know, I guess conceivably about half-way. Some of the best bosses in the game are several of the later bosses and some of these are optional or related to which ending you chose. Right now you are gathering materials for something. When you are done you will reach a decision point - a character will ask you to make a choice, this is when you need to start being concerned with endgame scenarios (if you skip the bad ending you will miss a boss sequence - of course you go that route you better save scum to go back on the path to the good endings, otherwise you'll have to start a new playthrough and will miss a lot of the game). And if you work towards the 'good' endings you will also reach a certain point where you'll be blocked off from certain endings and at least one great boss if you don't collect the materials you need before finishing a certain part.

Sorry to be vague, but you are okay going blind for a while longer. But if you want to get the most out of the game in quick fashion, you will probably need to start consulting guides on how to do it when you reach the parts I mentioned.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Rc8GZNs.gif

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I guess conceivably about half-way. Some of the best bosses in the game are several of the later bosses and some of these are optional or related to which ending you chose. Right now you are gathering materials for something. When you are done you will reach a decision point - a character will ask you to make a choice, this is when you need to start being concerned with endgame scenarios (if you skip the bad ending you will miss a boss sequence - of course you go that route you better save scum to go back on the path to the good endings, otherwise you'll have to start a new playthrough and will miss a lot of the game). And if you work towards the 'good' endings you will also reach a certain point where you'll be blocked off from certain endings and at least one great boss if you don't collect the materials you need before finishing a certain part.

Sorry to be vague, but you are okay going blind for a while longer. But if you want to get the most out of the game in quick fashion, you will probably need to start consulting guides on how to do it when you reach the parts I mentioned.
Thanks for the info. I looked up the basic requirements for the endings previously and plan on save summing through to get the bad ending first, then onto the better endings. I would do two runs on the game to see all the endings but I have a few other games to play through and don't really care for trophies etc. just unique boss encounters so I'll be taking the quicker route.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info. I looked up the basic requirements for the endings previously and plan on save summing through to get the bad ending first, then onto the better endings. I would do two runs on the game to see all the endings but I have a few other games to play through and don't really care for trophies etc. just unique boss encounters so I'll be taking the quicker route.

Just a quick note, one of the best boss encounters in the game is related to an optional side quest to get a material that gives you one of the different endings. So make sure you do that. For many, its their favorite boss.

Also, for the three good endings you only have to beat the final boss 1 time and then you can go and save and save scum to see the 3 different endings if you have the materials. You may want to do all endings in that case because to play the one boss will open up another ending and the last ending you'd be missing is a missable side quest, but not all that long of one if I recall correctly, just involves bringing some materials back and forth to a few NPCs.

You can get all endings in one playthrough with save scums, but to get the platinum you need about 1 and 3/4ths playthroughs.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
I switched attack to L1 and deflect to R1, since my right hand is my dominant hand. I'm having a lot easier time deflecting now, but it's obviously breaking my brain since I've had in the default layout since I started the game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Guardian Ape defeated! What a fun boss fight that was, the umbrella tip worked like a charm, I found it way easier to do that than back off against the terror attack as its so hectic that I just find it easier to hit L2 in a pinch. First phase definitely felt harder for me, maybe because it feels longer or because I kept screwing up against one of the grab attacks, but I found once I nailed the terror stuff the rest of the fight just fell into place. I definitely feel like this is probably my favourite From Soft game, Bloodborne a close second. I just love the fast paced, deflect heavy combat in this game. Makes for some amazing encounters.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I'm at the end now :)

corrupted monk gave me a bit of a hard time but i figured out the 2nd phase you can basically just climb the tree and get a deathblow as soon as it starts. i got through Fountainhead. the divine dragon was cool but too easy.

Anyway, I can deal with Genichiro no problem. he's a piece of cake. i can brush him aside in no time.

but Isshin is a bit of a challenge. I've only got to the 2nd phase just the once so far. i'm all out of emblems and i can't be bothered farming them. i've rarely used the prosthetic in the game but the reason i'm out of emblems is using the mortal draw. i've been watching some videos in preparation for my attempts today. i've watched the cheese videos but i don't feel right doing that. i want to win out of skill and not just exploiting the game.

i finally got a new xbox controller yesterday so hopefully that helps. can you believe i've been playing this game with a controller that has drifting sticks and a faulty A button? lol.

edit: i feel like crying. i can't beat this cunt.

Last edited:

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Boy... Did I have a hard time defeating Lady Butterfly. I almost raged quit two days ago because she killed me 10 times in a row. Decided it was for the best to just drop the game for two days and jump back in today. I did and.. I just defeated her in two tries. Something just clicked for me and I was able to deflect and parry every single move she threw at me.

That moment in the game where you feel the combat just starts to flow in your control.. Damn. That feeling is absolute magic.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the Corrupted Monk... well I assume he'll be back because no trophy popped. It was a pretty straight forward, yet challenging fight because I really had to work to deliver posture damage on the bastard! Still, managed to nail it after a couple of tries. Personally I loved the O'rin boss fight, loved how it worked and how she never really lets up. The Guardian Ape boss rematch was a blast as well.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the end now :)

corrupted monk gave me a bit of a hard time but i figured out the 2nd phase you can basically just climb the tree and get a deathblow as soon as it starts. i got through Fountainhead. the divine dragon was cool but too easy.

Anyway, I can deal with Genichiro no problem. he's a piece of cake. i can brush him aside in no time.

but Isshin is a bit of a challenge. I've only got to the 2nd phase just the once so far. i'm all out of emblems and i can't be bothered farming them. i've rarely used the prosthetic in the game but the reason i'm out of emblems is using the mortal draw. i've been watching some videos in preparation for my attempts today. i've watched the cheese videos but i don't feel right doing that. i want to win out of skill and not just exploiting the game.

i finally got a new xbox controller yesterday so hopefully that helps. can you believe i've been playing this game with a controller that has drifting sticks and a faulty A button? lol.

edit: i feel like crying. i can't beat this cunt.

Don't cheese. On Isshin's first phase
Use the umbrella to block all of his wind attacks unless you just feel more comfortable dodging. Now here is a a key, when he sheaths his sword, immediately circle around him to the left (his right side) and get behind him, then hit him with a double ichimoji. Otherwise just try and learn his two thrust timings, when he circles you its usually the fast one coming, the other has a bit of a delay.

I think on my NG+ I had a perfect run at his first phase. Once you get to the point where you are getting to second phase then we can talk more.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else just constantly get enemies to respawn for the heck of it? I'm at the point where I'm at the first "choice" for endings but spent the last hour messing around fighting the Shinobi out on the roofs. They are pretty darn challenging as an opponent and terrifying if you accidentally have several coming after you at once. Ended up doing a few Headless fights and as it turns out they feel easier than I expected with the right gear. That said, the one underwater might prove to be slightly tougher?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's the Shura ending down. Took slightly longer to beat Isshin than I expected, but I really only have myself to blame for being too aggressive in the beginning. After I cooled off I found it much easier, aside from reading the fire attacks correctly in the final round, but managed it in the end. Certainly one of the most interesting final bosses I've fought recently, kinda feels like a real sword fight, baiting and countering until a sliver of an opening appears, and slowly wear him out.
Now onto the good endings, I hear good things about the "real" final boss, so I look forward to tackling them.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's the Shura ending down. Took slightly longer to beat Isshin than I expected, but I really only have myself to blame for being too aggressive in the beginning. After I cooled off I found it much easier, aside from reading the fire attacks correctly in the final round, but managed it in the end. Certainly one of the most interesting final bosses I've fought recently, kinda feels like a real sword fight, baiting and countering until a sliver of an opening appears, and slowly wear him out.
Now onto the good endings, I hear good things about the "real" final boss, so I look forward to tackling them.

Yeah, I liked the Shura ending sequence; its interesting, but the boss fight is not as memorable as the 'good' boss ending or one of the late game optional bosses.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i am so close to just giving up on this game. the final boss is absolute bullshit.

i must be at about 30-40 tries now. i can get to the 1st phase of isshin and that's it. i don't even feel like i'm progressing. like if i were getting into the 2nd phase more consistently (only managed twice so far) i'd be like yeah OK i'm getting better.. i know what to do but maybe i'm just too slow. i mean, i see the sign for an unblockable and i know what to do. i can see the animations so i know if i need to jump or mikiri. i press the buttons but it's too slow.

i don't want to give up but i'm just at the point now where i'm thinking fuck this. i've spent hours on it. and even more hours watching guides. i just want it over now. i've backed up my game save because i really do think i will end up just uninstalling it but maybe i'll come back to it.

i'm well past anger and rage. when i'm dying i just don't feel anything. i know why i'm dying and, again, i know what i need to do but this is just getting ridiculous.

maybe i should just admit defeat.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Great Shinobi Owl down, quicker than I expected as well. He's certainly not easy, but chipping away his health bit by bit until his posture doesn't really recuperate worked just fine, as long as I'm careful. I certainly prefer to try and fight more aggressively, but in fights like him and Isshin I find a slower, more patient approach seems to work better, at least initially especially since Owl deals insane posture damage.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
i am so close to just giving up on this game. the final boss is absolute bullshit.

i must be at about 30-40 tries now. i can get to the 1st phase of isshin and that's it. i don't even feel like i'm progressing. like if i were getting into the 2nd phase more consistently (only managed twice so far) i'd be like yeah OK i'm getting better.. i know what to do but maybe i'm just too slow. i mean, i see the sign for an unblockable and i know what to do. i can see the animations so i know if i need to jump or mikiri. i press the buttons but it's too slow.

i don't want to give up but i'm just at the point now where i'm thinking fuck this. i've spent hours on it. and even more hours watching guides. i just want it over now. i've backed up my game save because i really do think i will end up just uninstalling it but maybe i'll come back to it.

i'm well past anger and rage. when i'm dying i just don't feel anything. i know why i'm dying and, again, i know what i need to do but this is just getting ridiculous.

maybe i should just admit defeat.

DId my advice and video not help? Seriously, his first phase is made rather easy just by
knowing to circle around behind him as I said above to the left when he sheaths his sword. He is was open to damage from behind with a combat art. Otherwise you do a rapid mikiri as soon as you see the red kanji when he's circling you and when he pushes you off there is a slight delay to the mikiri.

Pop a blue sugar when the phase starts up and it will make you feel confident about being aggressive.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Great Shinobi Owl down, quicker than I expected as well. He's certainly not easy, but chipping away his health bit by bit until his posture doesn't really recuperate worked just fine, as long as I'm careful. I certainly prefer to try and fight more aggressively, but in fights like him and Isshin I find a slower, more patient approach seems to work better, at least initially especially since Owl deals insane posture damage.

You guys feeling pretty good about taking down Great Shinobi Owl so quickly. Make sure to go after all the endings. :-)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
You guys feeling pretty good about taking down Great Shinobi Owl so quickly. Make sure to go after all the endings. :-)
Yeah, just carrying out the requirements for the secret good endings now. Done all the stuff for the best secret ending, now going back through the Hirata Estate for other requirements for another ending (going well, just took down that clown Juzou again!)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, cleared the second Hirata Estate flashback. Kinda a pushover except of course for Owl at the end of the level. He's one of the most fun boss fights in the game, way better than his previous fight I think, he seemed to be invincible when I started the fight, couldn't dent the bastard at all, then I realised just how open he was with certain attacks. Second phase was bizarrely easy, if not for his teleporting attack which caught me a few times, he actually ended up being fairly tame.
That should be it for the requirements for two more of the endings, now I just gotta actually beat the final boss!

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Im at Owl Father right now and feel stuck. I'm not really sure on how to approach him, it seems like being aggressive is not worth it because he has so much posture but being defensive will make the fight last hours and with some of his attacks being so deadly, one wrong move will get you killed.

I feel like I have his attacks down now, except his thrust attack Im not sure what to do against. He hita me if I jump, hits me if I dodge and blocking is also useless.

EDIT: ok being aggressive works wonderfully against him. Just got his first phase down. Really great fight.

EDIT 2: And he's dead.
tenor.gif

Best boss fight in the game so far.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Fountainhead Palace is a visual feast... also the little bits of flute music really add to a beautiful atmosphere. This is certainly the Japanese samurai/shinobi game I've wanted for a very long time. The look, the sounds, the incredibly fast paced and dangerous combat... its pretty much perfect (well, aside from some lock on and camera issues...)

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
got to isshins 2nd phase for the 3rd time. woohoo.

that must be about 50 tries total now.
DId my advice and video not help? Seriously, his first phase is made rather easy just by
knowing to circle around behind him as I said above to the left when he sheaths his sword. He is was open to damage from behind with a combat art. Otherwise you do a rapid mikiri as soon as you see the red kanji when he's circling you and when he pushes you off there is a slight delay to the mikiri.

Pop a blue sugar when the phase starts up and it will make you feel confident about being aggressive.
yeah i've read the advice and watched plenty of videos.

most of them tell me to use ichiminji double (which i don't have) or use the umbrella which i have but have no emblems to use. i'm not going back and farming sens/xp. i shouldn't need to use them to win.

i only have the 1 use ichinimoniji. it seems to help especially with posture but i'm getting hit way more often using it.

i feel i can deal with isshin 1st phase rather well. i can mikiri him and get hits in.

what's really bothering me is, like i already said, that i know what to do. i can tell what unblockable attack is going to be used for example or i go to roll/jump and press the buttons but the game just doesn't register it fast enough. i don't know if i'm stuck in an attack or something. i thought it might be my controller because it's wireless but i've used my old wired 360 controller but that's making things worse.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've put a good 20 hours at least into the game, maybe more with all the deaths and trying to see every boss in the game. But alas I'm at the point now where I'm 2 prayer beads away and two optional "bosses" (I don't think the fish really counts but there's a trophy for it) left before all that stands in my way of the endings is the final boss(es). So that'll be a good few hours left for sure!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Another optional boss down - Demon of Hatred. This one was legit tough, took me an hour or two to fully nail him down as I was saving the stun prosthetic until the final phase, and it took me quite a few tries to fully figure out my optimal strategy. After that it gradually got easier and easier.

On a scale of difficulty, where does he rank? As its definitely the toughest boss outside of the final bosses I've fought so far, but hands down the most fun as well.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Just beat
Divine Dragon
can someone tell me (spoiler free) what extra optional bosses unlock just so I don't roam around like an idiot for an hour trying to find them all?
Found
Ashina Elite (down), Two bosses (Actually just one, down) on the way to Demon of Hatred and another in Ashina Reservoir
Anything else?

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
what's really bothering me is, like i already said, that i know what to do. i can tell what unblockable attack is going to be used for example or i go to roll/jump and press the buttons but the game just doesn't register it fast enough. i don't know if i'm stuck in an attack or something. i thought it might be my controller because it's wireless but i've used my old wired 360 controller but that's making things worse.
Are you playing on console? Most of the hints probably come from PC, and it's almost like a whole different game at 60 fps.

You don't need ichimonji or the umbrella to defeat Isshin. You can jump through his spin attack (though the timing for it is really unforgiving). The rest is fairly typical (learn each of his combos, and learn how to deal with each one individually). You probably poisoned the well by trying to do things that other people tell you to do.

Just purchased the game. I've played most of the Souls games, but what are some invaluable tips for a new player?
This is not a Souls game. Forget everything you think you know.

Be aggressive. You do not dodge in Sekiro. You parry, and you kill.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Sekiro being speedran (glitches, all memories/beads) right now at AGDQ:

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I should say that I finally got my friend to try out the game. He's only played Dark Souls 3 before and didn't even beat it. Initially he didn't really like it and I was afraid he'd give up. He said it took forever to beat Lady Butterfly. Yes, he fell for that old trap of going for her first. But, today he texted me that he was wrong, he's really liking it and just beat Father Owl.

WOOT.

He's going to try and work to get the Dragon's Return ending.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey it's me! I got this over Fallen Order

Huh so what is rot essence? Can I get rid of it? Like I'm confused that I'm getting punished so hard for dying.

I still haven't fought the first boss, but I'm a thrust guy with a pole at the estate, and he's kicking my ass. Just learned the art to counter his attacks though so there's that.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Just purchased the game. I've played most of the Souls games, but what are some invaluable tips for a new player?

Probably the most important idea to keep in mind is that the combat in Sekiro is purposefully designed to mess with your baked-in instincts as a Souls player.

Dodging behind the enemy and counterattacking is much, much less effective than you're used to. But the window for a proper parry is massively larger than in Souls and has no HP penalty even when mistimed, so you should basically always be attempting parries. The idea is to get right up in the enemy's face and stay there, clashing swords until one of you is dead.

Huh so what is rot essence? Can I get rid of it? Like I'm confused that I'm getting punished so hard for dying.

Don't worry about Rot Essence, it's a false punishment that pretty much only exists to make you feel bad for dying. It doesn't kill any NPCs, and you get plenty of cure items for it throughout the game.

Last edited:

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
You can get rid of it, so there's no need to worry too much about it. It's a small incentive to avoid death, surely, but it's not a major setback. It will simply pause any quests that particular NPC has until you cure it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Its pointless basically. Reading about it before hand I assumed the NPCs had some grand side missions that would give you upgrades or something. All my dudes are infected and its not affected me in the slightest. None of the gord or prayer beads stuff is tied to rot, and I got all the arms from just exploring. So unless some arm upgrade materials are tied to a side mission or two, I actually have no idea what the point of any of the side missions actually are.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017

I still haven't fought the first boss, but I'm a thrust guy with a pole at the estate, and he's kicking my ass. Just learned the art to counter his attacks though so there's that.
You'll be able to get rid of it later on. Doesn't lock you out of much aside from some dialogue. It also lowers your chance of unseen aid.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i did it! i've actually beat Isshin after goodness knows how many tries but it took me 7 hours. my total time played is 48 hours. i first started fighting him at 41. i've been having dreams of this fight the last couple days and when i shut my eyes i can see all the attacks he does lol.

i'm still shaking but oh my god when i dealt that final blow. what a feeling. i can't believe i've done it.

i'm not ready for another playthrough right now lol but i have my save backed up so i can do NG at some point. i need to go play something else now.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
i did it! i've actually beat Isshin after goodness knows how many tries but it took me 7 hours. my total time played is 48 hours. i first started fighting him at 41. i've been having dreams of this fight the last couple days and when i shut my eyes i can see all the attacks he does lol.

i'm still shaking but oh my god when i dealt that final blow. what a feeling. i can't believe i've done it.

i'm not ready for another playthrough right now lol but i have my save backed up so i can do NG at some point. i need to go play something else now.
Congrats. 😄

Did you record it?

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I killed the Shinobi hunter, I'm so proud of myself. After like 5 deaths I did it.

Edit: who the hell is that purple guy protecting a building? Starts on the roof, he fucked me up hard

Last edited:

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Congrats. 😄

Did you record it?
Thanks! And no :( I was going to stream because I had being doing that yesterday but thought why bother because nobody watches me anyway. I wish had recorded it now. Oh well :)
I killed the Shinobi hunter, I'm so proud of myself. After like 5 deaths I did it.

Edit: who the hell is that purple guy protecting a building? Starts on the roof, he fucked me up hard
The guy at the temple in hirata?

I struggled with him so much and just ran up to the building and got the item inside. I meant to go back and kill him. By the end of the game that enemy becomes more common and there is a more deadly version of him!!

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy at the temple in hirata?

I struggled with him so much and just ran up to the building and got the item inside. I meant to go back and kill him. By the end of the game that enemy becomes more common and there is a more deadly version of him!!
I just did that, didn't think that I'd be invincible during the door opening so was frightened to all hell.
Right now I entered a cave and theres a glowing object in the water, seems attached to a something. scared to jump in haha.

EDIT: Beat Oniwa! Only died a few times so thats good. I really need to get into the habit of parrying and blocking. I keep wanting to dodge.

EDIT 2: Blazing Bull fight can fuck right off. What an annoying fight.

Last edited:

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Alright can someone give a small tip on how to get to this item https://imgur.com/a/bovXTka and the sculptor's idol? I've explored everything around
Fountainhead Palace
but can't seem to get to this area. Spent a good 40mins trying to find a hidden cave or grappling points through the cherry trees, but to no avail.

Last edited:

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I just did that, didn't think that I'd be invincible during the door opening so was frightened to all hell.
Right now I entered a cave and theres a glowing object in the water, seems attached to a something. scared to jump in haha.

EDIT: Beat Oniwa! Only died a few times so thats good. I really need to get into the habit of parrying and blocking. I keep wanting to dodge.

EDIT 2: Blazing Bull fight can fuck right off. What an annoying fight.

Remember that most enemies can be parried, often even ones that don't seem like it.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright can someone give a small tip on how to get to this item https://imgur.com/a/bovXTka and the sculptor's idol? I've explored everything around
Fountainhead Palace
but can't seem to get to this area. Spent a good 40mins trying to find a hidden cave or grappling points through the cherry trees, but to no avail.

Have you swam underneath past the giant carp yet? If so, you'll eventually open up a door back to the main Fountainhead area, and there are some grappling points on the right hand side once you exit that door.