• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Is it confirmed? I thought you could only use it for finishing off the bosses.
That's what Miyazaki said when asked about it.
Really? I thought you spend the resource you gain from killing enemies (souls, echoes, whatever) to unlock stuff in the skill trees? In which case grinding would be possible.
Well there's a finite number of skills you can get and some are locked before you find them in the world/get them from bosses. It's not as big of a growth as just grinding levels.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Dis-Armed and Dangerous.

giphy.gif

That's the winner.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what any of skills are you can unlock? Are we expecting "do 10% damage" unlocks or new move/abilities?

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Do we know what any of skills are you can unlock? Are we expecting "do 10% damage" unlocks or new move/abilities?

I was under the impression that they would be new moves. Pretty sure one of them gives a dash attack follow up to the shuriken trick arm, for example.

There are moves you can get and there are passives you can get as well.

Interesting. Though I suppose locking passive stat bonuses to exploration still fits their goal of disallowing grinding.

Deleted member 19213

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone hear anything about the framerate on base PS4? Trying to figure out if I should buy this game on PC or PS4.

Deleted member 29354

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Shit, I said I wasn't going to look at anything, but I might watch a teeny tiny bit of preview stuff.
Game Informer's coverage early in Feb wasn't spoilery and kept things brief if you want tiny bits of info. I don't feel like it betrays any of the story outside of what we know from trailers, although it does show two boss fights.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Masagiwa Has there been any water or aquatic-based combat confirmed? I've only seen traversal with Sekiro's water stride in gameplay videos.

Nothing confirmed or shown yet. If you take the time to implement water traversal in the game there sure will be some use of it. Even if water combat doesn't end up in the game, there might be hidden areas accessible through water.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What will be the fps for the regular PS4?

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
What will be the fps for the regular PS4?

We don't know yet but they might bring it up in the previews. Having no online component has hopefully given them more time to focus on things like performance. I know they've mentioned that they targeted resolution before frame rate but we just have to wait and see.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
yeah hopefully the previews will clear up what the framerate is on consoles. Hoping that there will be a DS3 esque Pro patch framerate at the very least on Pro. Or at least give me the option for an unlocked framerate.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Noh Pushover

As someone who can generally bumble their way through the Souls games (partially thanks to overlevelling and summoning usually), this seems like it's going to be a pretty big challenge so far, but looking forward to diving in with everyone else

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Magic Sword "Fushikiri"

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting really hyped for the 6th.

I want a Future Press guide, those are always the most high quality ones.

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Not a Souls game
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Ninja Motorboat Action (context:you can use your prosthetic arm to turn yourself into a ninja motorboat)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Prepare to Die Twice

That's why you have a number of prosthetic tools instead of heavy attack(like axe,flame thrower, shuriken). Each prosthetic tool even changes the base katana moveset in some ways.
And who knows, maybe we will be able to use Fushigiri in some way later in the game too. Pure speculation at this point.

I like Prepare to Die Twice

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
With the skill tree and everything the closest game I can think of in terms of progression is God of W4r. I'm sure there are other games that do all that to but it's the first that comes to mind,

True, though I think gear is the biggest factor when it comes to progression in that game (your character level is determined by the level of your gear) whereas Sekiro has no gear or stats at all.

Jul 20, 2018
True, though I think gear is the biggest factor when it comes to progression in that game (your character level is determined by the level of your gear) whereas Sekiro has no gear or stats at all.

I barely paid attention to the gear-based leveling system and forgot about it just now.

I really disliked that system.

Oct 26, 2017
Yo what is LIJoe doing there lmao, that FGC clout I'm tellin' ya!

Really happy for him, though, one of the biggest Souls fans there is.

i am on blackout now, won´t watch anything till release, but nice that they will do this stream on the 10th for people who want to see more.

i fully expect this game to be From Soft firing on all cylinders without the Souls weight on their necks...could turn out to be Miyazakis Magnum Opus. i think many people aren´t even aware that this game will turn out is one of the defining experiences this console generation.

Preach! It totally will be.

I hope the previews cover the Hirata Estates, if it's something else I don't wanna watch but I don't think I'll be able to resist lol.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
review embargo lifts on March 6th?...they must be really confident in the game to have reviews come out 2+ weeks from release