• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that individual NPCs receive Rot Essence (ie Rot Essence: The Sculptor among your items), I'm hoping you'll have to choose who to heal rather than it being a blanket reversal. That individual approach could also works in terms of quest lines and storylines; I wouldn't be surprised if different opportunities and narratives/dialogue choices emerge from NPCs with different progressions of Dragonrot

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I was sad to learn from DF that at 1080p on PS4 Pro Sekiro drops to 30 FPS under heavy smoke effects and averages 45 FPS. Come on FROM. Nioh had a solid 60 FPS in action mode, but it looked a lot worse.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at the GI interview with Miyazaki, I wonder if Dragonrot will play a role in this. Or perhaps some shinobi skills
You've got these poisonous lizards and monstrous roosters running around. With these other humans, do they not attack each other or is it they're just cool with each other? How does that work, world-wise?

Yep. Sometimes they will. And you're a shinobi, so you can create these situations in some way. There will be ways to – just imagine this battle between a soldier and a rooster.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thats the very first thing that catched my eye on this boss the first time I saw, how gracefully he landed, like compare it to the Cleric Beast that just lands:

ConfusedBlandHippopotamus-small.gif

From Soft keeps getting better and better.
To be fair, beasts aren't that graceful to begin with. :P
Digital Foundry has a new video and a separate thread discussing the performance on PS4 Pro. The thread is here. Updated OP and added threadmark.
Can anyone on this planet once talk about the base version's performance? :(
Like, most people will be playing it on an OG or Slim model anyway, I don't get why everybody is constantly talking about the Pro's performance.

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on the performance on the OG PS4? If it's a stable performance and the reviews are good, I'll jump in.
reviews will be days after release.. no one is getting review copies.. so if there is any reviews day one they wont have beaten the game... but Im guessing 1080p 30fps on base ps4... I getting it that console as well.. so I see it running better than DS3 did. No reason it shouldnt its the same engine but more optomized with another 3 years of work on it. I hope they have an uncapped framerate option as well.. but I doubt it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching some more gameplay

- every prosthetic seems to have a unique aerial attack
- you can jump off enemies' heads for posture damage
- the charge attack seems to be a risky but critical strike that inflicts huge posture damage, if you time it right and don't get deflected

This guy spends a lot of time messing with the controls and experimenting with how combat and attacks combo together

The Sunhi GIFs for this game are going to be insane

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching some more gameplay

- every prosthetic seems to have a unique aerial attack
- you can jump off enemies' heads for posture damage
- the charge attack seems to be a risky but critical strike that inflicts huge posture damage, if you time it right and don't get deflected

This guy spends a lot of time messing with the controls and experimenting with how combat and attacks combo together

The Sunhi GIFs for this game are going to be insane

Finally a video where somebody plays around with what the kanji pop ups are mid-battle.

Combat system gets better and better the more that's revealed. That was one of my biggest complaints about Souls and Bloodborne, for the length of the game the combat system was too simple and once you understood the games rhythm you could treat all enemies the same regardless of their aesthetic diversity.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
reviews will be days after release.. no one is getting review copies.. so if there is any reviews day one they wont have beaten the game... but Im guessing 1080p 30fps on base ps4... I getting it that console as well.. so I see it running better than DS3 did. No reason it shouldnt its the same engine but more optomized with another 3 years of work on it. I hope they have an uncapped framerate option as well.. but I doubt it.
I think Brian Crecente said that review copies are going out.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I think Brian Crecente said that review copies are going out.

The thing is. The question is not if outlets will receive review copies or not, almost all of them are. It's a question of when? Where the majority and now Digital Foundry included has said they probably wont have anything before release.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to play the damn game now as I could see a lot in that and want hands on.

Is the demo going to get a wider release by any chance or is it just for marketing?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is. The question is not if outlets will receive review copies or not, almost all of them are. It's a question of when? Where the majority and now Digital Foundry included has said they probably wont have anything before release.
Right but I could have sworn he said early/advance review copies. Maybe I'm misremembering.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Right but I could have sworn he said early/advance review copies. Maybe I'm misremembering.

He did, it would be nice to have some early impressions out. Though I'm suspecting even if early review copies will be sent out that the embargo wouldn't lift until very close to release or even on launch day.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man we almost see the 1st deathblow to poison boss and perhaps the next phase but the player died

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
The thing I don't get about Sekiro is,
How am I supposed to cheese boss fights if I can't summon any help?

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't really know how this combat works lol.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Not really some concept art and a lot of talking. They had one of the Bloodborne producers there but it was all in Japanese.

This one was pretty nice.
jCFWgLR.jpg
I'm all about this game but god it's making me ache for a real Tenchu sequel. I'd kill for that to be one of their other games yet to be revealed but no way that's happening.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't really know how this combat works lol.
Enemies have posture and health. When you clash swords you lose posture depending on if it is a normal block or parry or perfect parry. So let's say an enemy hits you and you block, you lose a fair amount of posture, if you parry they lose posture and you take a small amount of posture damage, if you perfect parry they take a big amount. So the goal is to lower their posture and then do a death blow. You can also lower their health but for bosses it's really not that viable. The lower their health is the slower they regain posture.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Yes or no, is the combat very souls/borne like? Im not a huge fan of Souls/Borne, but I have the platinum in Bloodborne.
Pre ordered Sekiro back in june last year! Pretty excited, looks fast and tight