• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No Walmart-esque stores that you can grab a copy after 9pm from?

No friends/family to grab a copy for you?

Can't pick up a copy over lunch break?
Nope, no such thing. We got specific electronics retailers that have open until 10pm, but I'm not working in the inner city and need like 50 mins with the metro and by feet until I'm there. So lunch break falls flat, too. :/

Friends are all busy as well...I had someone who grabbed a MonHun World copy for me when it launched, but I don't have luck this time it seems. Maybe someone has free time spontaneously. Wish me luck lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, no such thing. We got specific electronics retailers that have open until 10pm, but I'm not working in the inner city and need like 50 mins with the metro and by feet until I'm there. So lunch break falls flat, too. :/

Friends are all busy as well...I had someone who grabbed a MonHun World copy for me when it launched, but I don't have luck this time it seems. Maybe someone has free time spontaneously. Wish me luck lol.

Damn, son. At least your Friday will fly by.

Hopefully someone will be available to help you out

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the brink of heading out to buy this game from one of the stores that broke street date, even though I've already bought the game on PSN and preloaded it. I could be playing this in an hour, and I have until Wednesday off from work. I can't believe I'm considering doing it but I can't handle this excitement.

Please tell me it would be an awful, irresponsible and wreckless waste of money.

Talk me out of it guys.

I don't know if I'm too late, but don't do it. Save your money for another game, and just chill! Don't get caught up in pre-release hype.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the brink of heading out to buy this game from one of the stores that broke street date, even though I've already bought the game on PSN and preloaded it. I could be playing this in an hour, and I have until Wednesday off from work. I can't believe I'm considering doing it but I can't handle this excitement.

Please tell me it would be an awful, irresponsible and wreckless waste of money.

Talk me out of it guys.

It's just $60. You could spend that on way dumber shit. Do it.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
th

I went to three different stores and they wouldn't sell it to me. I know they have it in stock because the website actually lists the inventory for each individual store. I guess it was just a store or a few stores that actually broke the street date, but the ones in my vicinity don't have on the shelves.

I felt like a crack addict wandering around in search for a hit. I felt such conflict that I didn't know if I was upset or relieved after they wouldn't sell it to me.

It's for the best. The game unlocks at 10PM Thursday for me anyway.
Thanks for trying man

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see were Fromsoftware goes after Sekiro. All bets are off. Miyazaki wants to make an Escaflowne type of game, Dark fantasy mecha. Mentioned it again in Famitsu, maybe it's the setting for the upcoming Dark Fantasy ARPG, or an Armored Core reboot..

Ckyl8KlVEAA4VJK.jpg

Jul 20, 2018
It'll be interesting to see were Fromsoftware goes after Sekiro. All bets are off. Miyazaki wants to make an Escaflowne type of game, Dark fantasy mecha. Mentioned it again in Famitsu, maybe it's the setting for the upcoming Dark Fantasy ARPG, or an Armored Core reboot..

Ckyl8KlVEAA4VJK.jpg

They are definitely making another Armored Core. One of the co-authors of The Expanse did some writing for them, but all he would say about it was that it's not Dark Souls in Space. Presumably it is science fiction though, possibly Armored Core or possibly something else entirely.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
They are definitely making another Armored Core. One of the co-authors of The Expanse did some writing for them, but all he would say about it was that it's not Dark Souls in Space. Presumably it is science fiction though, possibly Armored Core or possibly something else entirely.

Imagine if we got a sequel to Echo Night: Beyond. It was the first FromSoft game I ever played and it definitely caused an impression.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
th

I went to three different stores and they wouldn't sell it to me. I know they have it in stock because the website actually lists the inventory for each individual store. I guess it was just a store or a few stores that actually broke the street date, but the ones in my vicinity don't have on the shelves.

I felt like a crack addict wandering around in search for a hit. I felt such conflict that I didn't know if I was upset or relieved after they wouldn't sell it to me.

It's for the best. The game unlocks at 10PM Thursday for me anyway.

Oh well, an extra $60! Kinda.

Deleted member 30151

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can't you order it on the German Amazon and have it delivered to your mailbox so you can play it when you get home?

Since the game is rated 18 you have to be at home and show the delivery guy your ID card or birthdate, otherwise he takes it back to Amazon. Also, ordering 18 rated games on German Amazon costs 5 Euros more for, surprise, german customers. Don't count if you live in Austria.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
He's really been taken with the exploration/rewards so far. Everything feels very cohesive, and it's his favorite interconnected world of the bunch by far. A lot of surprises in store apparently.
I'm really liking the sound of that. I'm pretty interested to see how they handle an interconnected world with all of the new movement options available. And I also like surprises, especially scary ones.

Last edited:

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Talk me out of it guys.

Do it. And then eBay your used copy as soon as digital unlocks.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Since the game is rated 18 you have to be at home and show the delivery guy your ID card or birthdate, otherwise he takes it back to Amazon. Also, ordering 18 rated games on German Amazon costs 5 Euros more for, surprise, german customers. Don't count if you live in Austria.
For real? Damn... How about something like Mediamarkt or Saturn. Do they have the 18+ tax as well? Maybe Wamb0wneD could let it get delivered at a friends house or a parent who can show their ID.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do any of you lovely peoples know when the steam unlock is. Please tell me it's midnight local timezones.

EDIT: Also. Does anyone know if they used Frog Nation for the English dub ?

Last edited:

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Can't wait to discover some hidden areas and bosses. I have to say, i'm going to miss the trolling messages from the earlier FROM games. Always good for a laugh or actual giving players some useful advice.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at the e3 trailer it looks like they made some minor changes to the color palette in this cutscene. Looks better now imo
E3:
image_sekiro_shadows_die_twice-38464-4096_0003.jpg

now:
uHcq8Qr.png

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Oh my gawsh we're so close.
Looking back at the e3 trailer it looks like they made some minor changes to the color palette in this cutscene. Looks better now imo
E3:
image_sekiro_shadows_die_twice-38464-4096_0003.jpg

now:
uHcq8Qr.png

Yeah it looks better. So does the graphical quality of the young woman.

She was straight up ps2 quality in the reveal trailer.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, son. At least your Friday will fly by.

Hopefully someone will be available to help you out
Yeah I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
Thanks for the sympathy though^^
For real? Damn... How about something like Mediamarkt or Saturn. Do they have the 18+ tax as well? Maybe Wamb0wneD could let it get delivered at a friends house or a parent who can show their ID.
Nah by the time I'll be able to get it back from them I might as well get it on Saturday morning by myself instead of waiting for them to stop having a hangover xD. I live 30 mins from the next Saturn so it should be alright. Just sucks I can't play Friday evening. And I gotta work on Saturday evening as well lol. Sucks but that's how it is. If I get it on Thursday that would be dope of course.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cannot wait for the DF video, since that will dictate if I get it soon or wait it out a little bit.