• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I buy this game?

Wait for reviews.

It's FS, so it'll probably be good, but it seems its definitely not the Souls clone style switch from say Dark Souls to Bloodborne. A lot more has changed here and I'm personally disappointed myself with a lack of loot/customization.

And I always enjoy reminding people not to pre-order games.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Would love if DLC added a Ayame type character - she was my fave in Tenchu

There's an XP bar and once it fills up it unlocks a skill point to spend next time you sit at an idol. I don't think death removes these unspent skill points - only half the XP towards the progression of the next skill point ... is this right?
This comment made me realize the DLC for this could be really cool, now that they don't have to worry about created characters and whatnot? A DLC where you play as one of the antagonists in some story that gives more insight about them a la Dishonored's Knife of Dunwall. A new character with tweaked movement or weapon or abilities. Specifically-designed side-stories and areas to suit a certain playstyle like a more stealth-focused campaign. Stuff like that.

Jul 20, 2018
Would love if DLC added a Ayame type character - she was my fave in Tenchu

There's an XP bar and once it fills up it unlocks a skill point to spend next time you sit at an idol. I don't think death removes these unspent skill points - only half the XP towards the progression of the next skill point ... is this right?

This is correct.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
How are scrubs supposed to enjoy Sekiro? Is there gonna be a scrub way to scrub past the hardcore bosses?

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as this seems to have the same performance as DS3 on Pro, could anyone who has played it say it is comparable to God of Wars performance mode?

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne didn't click with me at all, I'll probably rent this first for sure...it just looks so good I want to like it

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Pre-ordered. I'll be relying on Resetera to help me not rage delete this and get my $60 worth. I do this with all From games. I haven't beaten one yet but I've never felt like it wasn't money well spent. I'm ready for the pain.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Still on the fence due to performance concerns on console. Need to decide sharpish whether to keep my preorder or not.

Reviews potentially dropping on/after release isn't ideal either.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Still on the fence due to performance concerns on console. Need to decide sharpish whether to keep my preorder or not.

Reviews potentially dropping on/after release isn't ideal either.
Why? Just cancel and wait for reviews to determine if it's solid enough on console. It's a small enough download in the first place. Not like your have to wait long.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Just cancel and wait for reviews to determine if it's solid enough on console. It's a small enough download in the first place. Not like your have to wait long.

I decided to preorder the Collectors Edition, but I don't think I justify supporting something that isn't optimised from the get go.

Haven't played a FROM game since Tenchu

知らぬ

May 9, 2018
tokyo
update
https://www.sekiro.jp/characters.html
D1qvlT2UgAAdeis.jpg

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit translated the text
Wolf

The prince's shinobi, in the prime of life. Cold and reticent, bound by his code, the Wolf does whatever it takes to fulfill his duty, and kills without pity nor mercy. An exceptional ninja.

During this tale, he is defeated by the commander of the Ashina, losing both his young lord and his left arm. Replaced with a prosthetic limb, the Wolf must wager his life to regain what was stolen and protect his master. The shinobi code is absolute, and guides him towards his revenge.

Prince

The sole descendant of an ancient lineage. Alone on this earth, much like his shinobi. The prince was raised as the adopted son of the Ashinas' chief vassal, Lord Hirata. Calm and brave beyond his years, the dignified prince is abducted by the commander of the Ashina for his peculiar bloodline.

The Sculptor (Busshi of the Dilapidated Temple)

An aging man with no left arm. A silent and unsociable hermit. Secluded in a ruined temple deep in the mountains, he continually carves countless statues of the wrathful Buddha. Finds the defeated shinobi, thereafter offering his aid.

Emma

A young healer who appears before the Wolf as he awakens in the dilapidated temple. Aids the Wolf at the behest of her master, but her master's name and intentions remain unclear. Those quiet eyes gaze at the Wolf as if searching for something, and brim with a faint sorrow.

Ashina Genichiro

Genichiro is the grandson of the legendary swordsman Ashina Isshin. Not of legitimate birth, but a commoner. Nevertheless, holds a profound duty towards his clan. In order to defy the decline of the Ashina, he abducts the young prince to make use of his unusual powers. The Ashina are on the brink of extinction. This country must be protected, even if through supernatural means.

Owl

The wandering shinobi Owl is an exceptional warrior, with no master. Picked up the starving Wolf on the battlefield by chance, raising him into a shinobi, beating his own skills into him. However, the one final thing he imparted into Wolf...

The shinobi's iron code is absolute. Never forget that.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if I'm late to the party but any word on a locked 30fps mode for PS4 Pro? I would much prefer that over a variable 30-60fps.

With that said I was able to play Bloodborne with out issue with all its framerate issues.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have about $50 in Xbox credit in my account...is there any reason I shouldn't pre order this for my One X and go for PS4 Pro?

We would think the X version will run/look best even if only by a little

Dec 6, 2017
US
Again, given the speed you can race through levels now or just wall-jump over walls and go a different path or hook away to rooftops, rather than trudging down intricate but largely claustrophobic areas, I think it makes sense why they'd want to make certain things more visible at a glance. The speed. mobility, and kind of exploration players can do here aren't really comparable to the Souls games.

You're going to tearing through areas at unrestricted sprint speed or leaping between rooftops or flipping all over the place during different moves.

It's quite different from Soulsbourne where From knew exactly where players could go and the routes they would take and what angles they would approach/see things. Here, you can just hop over a wall or view levels from high vantage points.

Since I kinda, sorta, started that conversation with the other poster...

I actually agree with you and don't think there shouldn't be any indicators, which is kind of my problem. I'd love a solution somewhere between none, which is probably going to be next to unplayable for exactly the reasons you stated, and a, to me, very inelegant looking large blob pasted onto the screen.

Much like my REMake 2 example, I simply wish there could be an elegant solution here even if they have to have some type of markers as these, and REMake 2's absurd IPhone looking icons, just look really cheap and out-of-place to me.

It's a personally preference thing but I find it jarring how disjointed and large they look in context of the overall aesthetic and world I guess. I mean, look, ultimately stuff like this will bother a person like me way more staring at stills while not engaged with the actual game during a conversation like this and I'm sure the game will be so fucking killer, I'll forget about this five minutes in anyway :P