• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 6, 2017
US
Oof, this guy is awful. He hardly uses block/parry. Just swinging like a nut.

Since I have no self-control and did watch again for like 20 seconds before regaining my senses:

1. Dude is just running up on everything attempting to hack and slash his way through and getting crushed, then got angry and bitched at the game in the background.
2. I don't know if he's on Pro but based on this, the framerate seems smooth at least? I didn't notice any of the Bloodborne-ish frame pacing at least so far? (Please don't quote me and then flip out later)
3. Dude isn't looking at questions/comments so save yourself the time.
4. Load times look pretty damn quick especially compared to launch Bloodborne unless I spaced out?

Edit:

5. It also appears as though insta-warping is in yet again but I can't tell if that's just to warp out of the initial hub area if that's what it is? Don't want to say it wrong but he was definitely in a "TRAVEL" sub-menu while at the sculptor's idol and it had "IMPORTANT LOCATIONS" category. Maybe you can only insta-warp to certain key locations but either way, unless it's integrated as less of a crutch as it was in DS3 for example, that's a big ehhh from me in context of this supposedly having a DS1 style interconnected world.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It also appears as though insta-warping is in yet again but I can't tell if that's just to warp out of the initial hub area if that's what it is? Don't want to say it wrong but he was definitely in a "TRAVEL" sub-menu while at the sculptor's idol and it had "IMPORTANT LOCATIONS" category. Maybe you can only insta-warp to certain key locations but either way, unless it's integrated as less of a crutch as it was in DS3 for example, that's a big ehhh from me in context of this supposedly having a DS1 style interconnected world.

From is so weird with some of these things.

Dark Souls 1 got so much right that the sequels and BB discarded. Leveling at bonfires, fast travel being a mid-game unlock, the world's structure, sitting at bonfires for a speedy respawn... all of these things should have been standard going forward.

Dec 6, 2017
US
HUD options:

- Auto Hide Partial
- Auto Hide All
- Always Hide
- Always Show

There's also HDR.

Thanks a lot for checking for us.

That's an improvement but I'm willing to bet Auto Hide Partial simply hides the health bar etc. and maybe not the other things. I was really hoping for being able to customize the HUD a bit as playing without health bar and so on isn't something I've ever been into. It's a shame we can't just have Always Hide Markers or some options like that.

Why doubt yourself now after numerous hit games that thrived on trusting the player, From? Your bonfire equivalent is a bright ass blue and all pick-ups are shiny and can be seen from a mile away, why do we need an ugly overlay telling me again that indeed I can interact with this?

You can ask as much as you like. I'm still watching the intro. It's pretty long.

Great, if you wouldn't mind, can you let us know what "Auto Hide Partial" does in regards to the HUD options?

Dark Souls 1 got so much right that the sequels and BB discarded. Leveling at bonfires, fast travel being a mid-game unlock, the world's structure, sitting at bonfires for a speedy respawn... all of these things should have been standard going forward.

I don't get it either. Dark Souls had it totally nailed down as far as I'm concerned and everything has been half a step back since. The bonfires being your 'hub' and fast travel being a reward are such a no-brainer to me that it frustrated me anew every time a new From game releases with this world design and insta-warping.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about sound options? Is it possible to play it in complete silence like Dark Souls (except for boss music). I will be playing with music but I'm curious to know.
You can adjust music, sound effects and voice separately. Not sure if you can mute music but have boss music still.

HDR settings in case anybody cares:

Adjust Brightness 1-10
Maximum Brightness 1000 (Default)
Saturation Adjustment 1-10

symphonask

Oct 28, 2017
One thing Im wondering about is if you set you're PS4 Pro to 1080p rather than 4k output, if it offers smoother performance?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks a lot for checking for us.

That's an improvement but I'm willing to bet Auto Hide Partial simply hides the health bar etc. and maybe not the other things. I was really hoping for being able to customize the HUD a bit as playing without health bar and so on isn't something I've ever been into. It's a shame we can't just have Always Hide Markers or some options like that.

Why doubt yourself now after numerous hit games that thrived on trusting the player, From? Your bonfire equivalent is a bright ass blue and all pick-ups are shiny and can be seen from a mile away, why do we need an ugly overlay telling me again that indeed I can interact with this?
Because the environments are much bigger and more open than any Souls game, and the player can tear their levels much faster and from any angle compared to to the restricted pace and defined paths of Soulsborne? Wanting things to be visible from high up or at a glance while you're zipping around makes sense, now that From can't control where players go and what directions they approach things from

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
So quick question as I've been avoiding details this game hard. Can the majority of it be played stealthily like Tenchu? Or is it pretty much you can stealth kill one person and then everyone knows you're there?

Oct 25, 2017
5. It also appears as though insta-warping is in yet again but I can't tell if that's just to warp out of the initial hub area if that's what it is? Don't want to say it wrong but he was definitely in a "TRAVEL" sub-menu while at the sculptor's idol and it had "IMPORTANT LOCATIONS" category. Maybe you can only insta-warp to certain key locations but either way, unless it's integrated as less of a crutch as it was in DS3 for example, that's a big ehhh from me in context of this supposedly having a DS1 style interconnected world.

This is my biggest fear for the game. They've talked so much about the new moveset enhances exploration and traversal, but if warping makes traversal trivial in the long run, then the freedom loses a lot of impact.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
So quick question as I've been avoiding details this game hard. Can the majority of it be played stealthily like Tenchu? Or is it pretty much you can stealth kill one person and then everyone knows you're there?
It's not a stealth game, but it's another option. Enemies are seemingly easier alerted than a traditional stealth game, but even mid bosses can be snuck up on. You just won't end them that way. Usually.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Because it's a good idea on paper but it's tedious after some hours. Dark Souls and Bloodborne encourages multiple playthroughs and builds. Not having fast travel makes every run more inconvenient. it's a nightmare to come back to Dark Souls Remastered bonfire system after played DS2/3 and Boodborne.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Because the environments are much bigger and more open than any Souls game, and the player can tear their levels much faster and from any angle compared to to the restricted pace and defined paths of Soulsborne?

I know that's your take but I think it doesn't apply when the items are visually designed to completely stand out of the environments, which they do. I don't even disagree with you but it looks stupid and like an afterthought and I'm just hoping one of those meager HUD options gets rid of that shit.

We've known you can warp between Sculptor's Idols for a while now.

Ah, I didn't pay attention and didn't know actually, just thought I'd point it out since it's one of the few glimpses I got of any Menu stuff.

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
For real? Damn... How about something like Mediamarkt or Saturn.

They're even worse. First, they also take this fee when you are ordering Online. It's free when you send the ordered item to the market. Two years ago a Blu-ray was ready to pick up at the local Saturn store. It was rated 18. Due to her job, the store is closed when she finished her work. So I wanted to go and pick it up for her, with a signed mandate that I, her son, back then 30 years old, can pick up the order. Unfortunately my Identity Card was expired. And gosh, it took them 30 minutes and three higher ups to hand me over the order. Even with my valid health insurance card, the birthday visible on the front in bold letters, they still talked to each other if this is okay to hand the Blu-ray over. One might say, this is typcial german behavior.

But at least you can buy booze on Amazon Germany with a one time ID-Card check. No further controls necessary. The parcel with the booze could technically pick up my little minor brother or sister if I had one.

That's the reason it's not that easy to order Sekiro here Online without throwing 5 bucks out of the window. You may find a good offer for the game but then realize that you still have to pay these 5 Euros. You pay 5 Euros for teling a random dude your date of birth.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Welp can't beat the first boss while you try to rescue the kid. Might just shelve the game for a few months, not really liking it especially compared to bloodborne.

Slai-Man

Oct 25, 2017
I found the ghost monk, and i really tried to search the real one to fight him first but i can't find anything! so can i find him for now or not? if yes direction please.