• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sekiro or Sakai

• The One-Armed Wolf

Votes: 302 75.3%
  • The Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 99 24.7%

• Total voters

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
icsay7et8qc51.jpg

These two meet in a boss area. The center is clear, but there's also trees, rocks, and tall grass around it so stealth is an option if they so choose to use it. They're both fully leveled with all their gear and powers. They have all the abilities they can get from their games.

Who wins? I honestly think it's a little hard to tell. Sekiro obviously has the supernatural thing going for him so that's an advantage, but Jin is not exactly "realistic" himself, despite his story not featuring any fantastical elements (and actual Oni and the likes do exist in his world). Meanwhile, Jin vastly outpaces Sekiro in terms of gadgets and tricks he's got. Still, Jin's gotta kill him atleast twice for it to stick.

Or, if you want to make the question a little more interesting, who would you rather play as and who would you like to play against?

f05aac6b7120eaaaa32268fc02693240e1dcf675.jpg
ghost-of-tsushima-2020_a21naGyUmZqaraWkpJRma2dlrWdma2U.jpg

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Jin Sakai is the Batman where as Sekiro is more superman. Give Sakai enough time to prepare and the wolf is dead.

May 19, 2020
uh wouldn't sekiro just crush the normal warrior guy, at least make it a contest by making sekiro fight inuyasha or something

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't particularly like either one, but only Jin actually made me actively dislike him by the end of his story, so I'd pick Sekiro by merit of the fact that while boring, he's largely inoffensive.

Also he would probably RUIN Jin's shit, due to being a shinobi from far later in Japan's history with better technology and fighting styles at his disposal, as well as his resurrection ability. Jin's far more ancient tech and fighting skills wouldn't be able to hold up to later standards.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Think about what kind of regular enemies and bosses wolf fights and then think about what Jin fights . In sekiros world Jin would be one of those tutorial area enemies

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
Yea Sekiro's world just seems to operate on a higher power scale than Ghost, it doesn't seem like much of a contest. However, a stats equalized sword-only duel would be interesting to see.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Sekiro's world just seems to operate on a higher power scale than Ghost, it doesn't seem like much of a contest. However, a stats equalized sword-only duel would be interesting to see.

Sekiro would still win. Jin is several hundred years of sword technique development older and would not be able to fight against someone with a better-quality weapon and more developed fighting technique.

OP
OP
Veelk

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro would still win. Jin is several hundred years of sword technique development older and would not be able to fight against someone with a better-quality weapon and more developed fighting technique.
In my scenerio, this is a gameplay framed question. Jin's sword being older makes no material difference because they're both essentially unbreakable and forever undulled, like any video game sword.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
In my scenerio, this is a gameplay framed question. Jin's sword being older makes no material difference because they're both essentially unbreakable.

Even if you take literal weapon quality out of the equation, the fighting technique differences between the two would still skew heavily in Sekiro's favor, though.

OP
OP
Veelk

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you take literal weapon quality out of the equation, the fighting technique differences between the two would still skew heavily in Sekiro's favor, though.
Maybe. Overall, Sekiro is far faster and more vicious in it's gameplay, but as I said, Jin seems to have more gadgets. Plus, provided each parries perfectly, neither can get any damage through, so played perfectly neither would ever be able to damage the other. To my mind, I agree that the person playing Jin is likelier to leave an opening, but it's not impossible for them to get the advantage over the person playing Sekiro if they use gadgets right.

OP
OP
Veelk

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
This would be like Ellie vs Aloy, lol. Yea both are archers, but Aloy is on a different tier.
Yeah, but Ellie's the vicious factor. Aloy would just want to beat Ellie, Ellie would want to fuck her up.

Also, iirc, Aloy doesn't have guns, right? Like traditional guns, I know she has like harpoon guns and all that stuff to bring down robot dinos, but unless she has that power armor, Ellie could theoretically sniper her with her rifle from a distance she can't hit from.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Jin is from a grounded game not one with fricking magic powers, of course Sekiro is going to body jin. The mortal blade means it's over before Jin even gets close

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Jin would be on the same level as the basic guards you fight like 5 minutes into the game. Wolf would parry him into oblivion.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Jin wins easily. More health, wider parry window, no posture, more I-frames. If Jin is like any other boss in Sekiro then Wolf dies at least a dozen times before he wins.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Sekiro kills things like giant undead apes and dragon gods.

Jin fights
his uncle.

It's not even close.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of that Kratos vs Geralt thread from not too long ago, heh. I haven't played Sekiro, but from what I've seen, the characters in that universe operate on an entirely different level than Ghost of Tsushima characters.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Jin is just a motivated human
Sekiro is cursed undead Shinobi killing apes that have size of small house

Not exactly fair.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
If Jin were a boss in Sekiro, I could see him being a combo of Genichiro's combos and bow plus Owl's use of smoke bombs and projectiles.

Could be interesting as long as they randomized his use of items.