• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Well, this is nothing new, we have this kind of thread from time to time but I believe that we NEED this kind of thread from time to time.

The rule is simple: show us a Gif that can get people to play the game you love or a Gif that made you interested in a game and explain WHY it represents what you like about the game

Yakuza 2
tumblr_mvao5mn8HK1s3t6r6o1_400.gif

I did not play this one, but I love Yakuza. I bought Yakuza 3, played a little of Yakuza 4 and now that the game is on PC i'm playing Yakuza 0.
That said, I know Kiryu enough to know, let's say, he's a pacifist. Kiryu would NEVER attack an animal like this if it were not a life or death situation.
So after seeing this gif I asked myself: What hell happened to him to be in such strange context ?

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
tenor.gif

For some reason the Goofy aesthetic of Fortnite is the most appealing one to me out of all the BRs and the dances sell it even more to me

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

any game that starts with a suplex knows what's goin on

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017

This is Trackmania 2. It's the best racing game, due to reasons documented in the above. It's
  1. Fast
  2. Crazy
  3. It's got drifting
  4. All of the above was build by some user and there is no shortage of racing tracks like this one

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
cePFndv.gif

Metroid: Samus Returns has some of the best animation/camerawork of any 2D game ever.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tired of exposition?

Asura's Wrath gives you the option to shut them up by punching them in the face.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
7989612D8762F2813446CBD9CE0470D5F67B9C25

I made this gif years ago and I love that it's still around

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know this is just going to become another Metal Gear Rising thread, right?

5HSB.gif

giphy.gif

ITc5Oru.gif

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Downwell

A reverse shmup inspired by Spelunky where you have gunboots

animated1-feb.gif

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
giphy.gif

game has so much combo variety and weapons/techniques it's hard to show them in gifs. Also, for the people comparing this combat to Nioh's, they have no idea how fast and fluid this is compared to that.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
We should make this the Game GIFs OT. We have a game screenshots thread, but as far as I know we don't have a GIFs one, do we?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

For some reason the Goofy aesthetic of Fortnite is the most appealing one to me out of all the BRs and the dances sell it even more to me

This has literally the opposite effect on me. I see this and I want to stop playing videogames forever. Lucky me, for each Fortnite/whatever dance gif I see there are like ten thousand gifs of atmospheric single player games. Then all's good again.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Infamous 2
d1E2h9jX2aaIhLwc.gif

Motorstorm apocalypse
LrwH18u.gif

Man, Motorstorm Apocalypse was cool but I sucked at it, there was so much stuff going on screen that I couldn't see what was happening, I kept crashing in to everything.

Also folks, You can't sell a game if you don't mention the damn title! Do we have to go over this every time?