• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Thought this'd be a great way to recommend games to the community.
Gameplay speaks louder than words, right?

Post GIFs that you feel best sells a game.

EDIT: Please add the name of the game to your post and keep it to one game per post.

I'll start

John Woo's Stranglehold
(the game that killed Midway)

LITd6p9.gif

L9aTAyG.gif

Y9JDrmG.gif

vKnvcnt.gif

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I might pick this up. It's $16 on the Switch.
ok i didn't think this thread would work on me but it did. i will purchase this video game software.
Hope you enjoy it! It's in my top 5 of 2018 for sure. It's a great little puzzle platformer with a lot of adventure game elements and some outstanding writing.

I played it on Switch, so can vouch for that version being great.

Devil Daggers hasn't been uninstalled from my PC since it came out. And never will!

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I see the "Fuck you I'm not telling you what this is from" brigade are out in full force.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'd appreciate it if some of y'all could actually put the name of the game in your post. Kind of hard to sell a game if people don't know the name of it.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, Mafia III can be a bad open world game, but at least the gunplay is really satisfying.

The action and driving gameplay was great, the opening story mission and the few main story missions are great, what really killed the game was the "open world" busy-work doing the super repetitive "takeover" crap they pulled right out of the Scarface games from years ago.

Mafia I and II were both great games because unlike GTA and the other "open world" games they didn't focus on padding out their worlds and filling them with copy and pasted things over and over, instead they focused mainly on just having a good interesting story and giving you an open world to immersive yourself in while you enjoy the story.

I wish they understood this when making Mafia III, because underneath what amounted to a mediocre game is a good game that just needed some changes to its structure, if they got rid of the whole takeover a district mechanic int he game and just let you play through the storyline I could see the game being looked back on as a classic 10 years down the road.