• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
It really wouldn't have surprised me if the "kicker" to this story was that an 8 year old was ultimately gunned down. There has been enough stories about black teenagers being killed that this - as a non american - wouldn't really register as outlandish, in the context of stories flowing from contemporary US.

LGBTQ+ has been pretty successful in giving a voice to the complexity of its particular issues, and I wish some of that success could be be transferable onto other minorities.

Obviously, LGBTQ+ has the "advantage" of being evenly distributed; LGBTQ+ can manifest in any family, whereas "various (non-white) racial traits" can be controlled for through both individual inclination (who you chose to date), and through the complex web of socio-economic fabric, that - unfortunately - tends to keep white and non-white people from socializing.

I don't know if I have any particular point that hasn't already been voiced by people who are more equipped to speak eloquently - and more precisely - about this particular topic.

It's such a bummer that we - as a global society - continue to not give non-white people the same amount of grace and projected beauty that we give LGBTQ+.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
It really wouldn't have surprised me if the "kicker" to this story was that an 8 year old was ultimately gunned down. There has been enough stories about black teenagers being killed that this - as a non american - wouldn't really register as outlandish, in the context of stories flowing from contemporary US.

LGBTQ+ has been pretty successful in giving a voice to the complexity of its particular issues, and I wish some of that success could be be transferable onto other minorities.

Obviously, LGBTQ+ has the "advantage" of being evenly distributed; LGBTQ+ can manifest in any family, whereas "various (non-white) racial traits" can be controlled for through both individual inclination (who you chose to date), and through the complex web of socio-economic fabric, that - unfortunately - tends to keep white and non-white people from socializing.

I don't know if I have any particular point that hasn't already been voiced by people who are more equipped to speak eloquently - and more precisely - about this particular topic.

It's such a bummer that we - as a global society - continue to not give non-white people the same amount of grace and projected beauty that we give LGBTQ+.
Once again.....going to be that guy...will actually Dave Chappelle was that guy when he said that LGBTQ issues are making more strides than race issues because, well, white people are included in LGBTQ demographic specifically white men so that puts it at the top of the "Priority List" *shrug*

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
Once again.....going to be that guy...will actually Dave Chappelle was that guy when he said that LGBTQ issues are making more strides than race issues because, well, white people are included in LGBTQ demographic specifically white men so that puts it at the top of the "Priority List" *shrug*

I don't care what Dave Chapelle says or thinks about any particular topic. I don't think you're genuinely engaging with what I said.

I never argue from any kind of ill-will when I post, and it's important to me that you understand that. Every single post I make is open-hearted and earnest.

My point was that, because LGBTQ+ can happen in any family, the tolerance for LGBTQ+ is significantly more advanced than black, asian, or otherwise non-white integration.

We wouldn't talk about race the way we currently do, if non-whiteness was as evenly distributed as LGBTQ+.

If two white people could spontaneously give birth to a baby with near charcoal-dark skin, we would probably talk about race in the same way we talk about LGBTQ+, and enjoy the same kind of progressive development moving forward.

Instead, we're here, at this seemingly never-ending standstill, that both unnecessarily riles up white people into a psychotic state of imagined racial anxiety, while also giving very little avenues for actual success to anyone who had the misfortune of not being randomly born into a white, affluent family.

Hopefully I've made some kind of coherent point in my posting. The topic itself is making me depressed, and I'll be taking a break (tonight, mostly because I'm drunk, and have my own complexity to untangle) from further replying to this thread.

Cheers, Love.

Last edited:

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
YsFaEJz.png

Mowing Lawns While Black... and 12 Years Old

http://www.wsmv.com/story/38540633/neighbor-calls-police-on-12-year-old-boy-mowing-lawn

Fields was recently mowing the lawn of customer Lucille Holt when officers arrived at her home. A neighbor called to complain because the boy accidentally cut grass on a small section of their lawn, which is connected to Holt's property.

1 ft over...