• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, that duck was absolutely hilarious. She knew she fucked up yet this won't be the last time this happens in the exact same manner.

DgZQei-W0AIjUQo.jpg

Royce

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Is it true you do need a permit, though? And the kid didn't have it? Calling the police right there is an overreaction and possibly dangerous knowing what's going on. I'm just wondering if the regulations are technically on the caller's side.

Oct 25, 2017
The other day I was watching reckful live streaming trying to sell lemonade at a beach in California and some lady called the cops on him. I don't know what joy people get out of being so petty.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I really want to post Childish Gambino's This is America in practically every other thread these days, but I think I'd be banned for spamming.

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know about racism.....
But man, you'll always get a few busybodies like this. Just keep it moving lady.
You're right about people like that all over. Some old guy made a huge deal about me not putting all my items on the belt at Costco the other day :[ you're not even supposed too. Some people are just miserable assholes.

This however is racism.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Also, how does she know they don't have a permit? She just assumed it?

I've never heard this before. Either it's never enforced or it varies by locale.

That's just it, nobody really enforces it because it's of no harm. Normal people just mind there own business like they should. like F34R said, it's not a big deal to the point where most officers aren't worried about it.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
I've never heard this before. Either it's never enforced or it varies by locale.
It is very unevenly enforced, because every time a police officer tries to enforce it the world loses its mind.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article212213524.html
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/11/texas-cops-shut-down_n_7562278.html

It basically happens every summer, and every summer there's a bunch of stories about how terrible it is. It's usually not tied up with race, though. And in this case it seems pretty clear that it was less about a girl selling water than it was about a black girl selling water.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
That's awful. What a shit thing to do.

If only all such instances ended like this:

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Varies by locals I think.

Growing up my parents would take us to yard sales in nice areas and one time in the middle of buying lots of stuff, (right after Xmas so the well off family was getting rid of almost everything) the cops showed up because some petty neighbor complained.

My dad is all like " all this? They're giving it to me for free. I just came by to pay them for mowing my lawn the other day"

One of the cops chuckled but they still shut it down. We got our stuff though.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have an address of where this occurred?

I want to support the mom and her daughter by buying a bunch of water bottles. It's getting warm in SF.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
She lied to the police about the property

From the video of the little girl, she wasn't selling from her property, she was on the public sidewalk. Either way, the law does state that she has to have a permit.

Now, did someone have to go out of their way to call the police on this harmless little girl? Absolutely not.

Jan 4, 2018
Good on her for being an outstanding citizen. More people should care about things like having a goddamn permit so that a kid can sell bottled fucking water outside her home. That's what's really important, keeping our streets safe from amateur water vendors.

Some people are just real pieces of work.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I was actually relieved when I checked out the OP and saw that she hadn't been shot. Because that would hardly have been a surprise considering how these threads usually go.

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should have been arrested for attempted murder. This should be a fucking felony calling Police on Black people.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember that woman who called the police on the black property developer who bought the house beside her.
There was something really disturbing about how she said "do what you gotta do" (or something similar) to the police.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the girl was white she would've bought a bottle and took a photo for twitter congratulating her for working hard at such a young age not like those lazy blacks.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Personally im all for white people outing themselves like this over such trivial matters. Now you're known around the internet as a racist because you couldn't contain seeing a black little girl selling water. Enjoy your notoriety.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure this fucking lady would just go "awww cute, I'll buy a cup of water little lady!" if the child was white.

What kind of a fucking wacko do you have to be to call the cops on a kid that's basically setting up a lemonade stand.