• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
How bored and racist do you have to be to take time out of your day to call the cops on a little girl selling water?

Like don't you have better shit to do?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
she'd be awesome if she wasn't so racist. she took a nanofiber idea and turned it into a business plan and sold it to 3M.

she also sees a little girl selling water for $2, and is so resentful/threatened of the commercial permit violation that she calls in armed law enforcement, on a 3rd grader.

break right through patriarchy and glass ceilings and sexism, only to 'punch down' on the first young black entrepreneur you see. fucking sham. and potentially endanger them, on a whim, because "rules is rules".

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
How bored and racist do you have to be to take time out of your day to call the cops on a little girl selling water?

I imagine this was going to be the highlight of her day, seeing an 8 yr old black girl get hauled away in a cop car or shot, until it all went sour, on her.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That's not how the world works anymore. Now you find people on the internet and break their lives for all the terrible shit you imprint on their being, whether it's all true or not. Lady's an asshole, for sure, but this is nothing new. Lemonade stands, BBQ at a flea market, yard/garage sales and all manner of peddlers get told they have too stop selling or get a permit.

People's dirty laundry use to at least stay close to them, in their community and such, but now the whole world gets exposed to it and everyone furthest away feels it's their job to fix that laundry with a flame thrower.
What-did-you-say-gif.gif

Maybe, just maybe, being racist isn't something that should be allowed to fester and spread without consequence like in the good ol' days.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, so in your eyes being an asshole means you get degraded to sub-human status? The implications of that are interesting too. It usually doesn't go well when humans declare other humans "sub-human".
Being an asshole ? Naaah. She is way past that. When you actively seek harm toward children, I don't give a fuck anymore, and I'll even enjoy whatever misery will happen to you.

So my stance my be "wrong", but I'll always stand by it.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Interesting, so in your eyes being an asshole means you get degraded to sub-human status? The implications of that are interesting too. It usually doesn't go well when humans declare other humans "sub-human".
Stop that's not what they meant. They meant they are a monster. You're trying to bring racist rhetoric into this just going the other way, in an already racist driven situation. Reverse racism.

Ryder9

Alt account
Banned
May 26, 2018

I was gonna say the same shit, how sad of a life must you have to get upset over this shit... Also would it have been different if it was a white girl?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I was gonna say the same shit, how sad of a life must you have to get upset over this shit... Also would it have been different if it was a white girl?
Of course it would have. This woman is an entrepreneur herself. Probably would have loved seeing a White blond girl selling water. Probably would have bought two bottles and wished her luck. I do know she wouldn't have called the cops.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, nowadays it's pretty much "just don't be like that and you won't have your entire life ruined by internet detectives."

Dec 23, 2017
Of course it would have. This woman is an entrepreneur herself. Probably would have loved seeing a White blond girl selling water. Probably would have bought two bottles and wished her luck. I do know she wouldn't have called the cops.

That's the issue. OF COURSE it would have been different if this was a little white girl. Shit she probably would have bought a bottle from her. We live In a sad fucking state in America that dare i say we are getting worse and reverting back in time. We have one person to thank for that.

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
First, that's terrible Redfoxx. Really, truly awful. It would help if people were willing to talk to each other about a problem instead of calling the cops instantly, it's true. And I feel even worse for your friends, I don't know what happened but I know you lost people important to you and that's always a shame, especially when they're taken by someone else's hand.

This lady sounds like an asshole, someone who should have talked to this girl instead of calling the police and wasting everyone's time on something simple that hurt no one. I don't think her life should burn to the ground for it like some people seem to think though. There's few good things that come from an angry mob except...

Like Litan is saying, when social media outs the racist/homophobe/sexists, etc. There's plenty of people, in power or not, that deserve this outing. The kind of people that shoot first, that hurt someone based on their skin color, that beat or harass based on the gender they are or who they decide to love.

I don't how this lady's a racist though. There's not enough to go by in this small video to say that, at least for me there isn't. Where is this little girl being referred to as an other, where is this lady calling her a n***** or using language that leads to that assumption? I can't just look at this and say white person+black person=racist white person. Shitty lady, sure. Unnecessary BS from someone that apparently doesn't know better or doesn't care to know better? Sure. I'm not going to make that kind of accusation workout something more to go on other than skin color. It seems antithetical to the idea that the color of someone's skin shouldn't matter in how you're treated in society. Maybe she is a racist, I don't know. Unless you can pull out something that shows she is that kind of fucked up person you don't either, or anyone else in this thread for that matter.

I'll say it again, this is nothing new. Little kids trying to sell whatever get the police called on them about permits, it happens to all skin colors. I can't say this one is different from any of those other ones. Hell, there's a cop (I'm assuming, based on the nature of the post) in this very thread who says they carry permits in their car for this very reason. I just feel it's being taken a bit too far for this instance, for more reasons than one.

Edit-Sorry, forgot to put in the posts I was quotting.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...lice_us_5b2e94a5e4b00295f15cf35f?guccounter=1

"this has no racial component to it" and claims she only "pretended" to call the police.

Ettel said she is now getting threats online and feels "discriminated against."

"It was stupid," she said. "I completely regret that I handled that so poorly. It was completely stress-related, and I should have never confronted her. That was a mistake, a complete mistake. Please don't make me sound horrible."

the-wire-so-and-so-animated-gif.gif

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
First, that's terrible Redfoxx. Really, truly awful. It would help if people were willing to talk to each other about a problem instead of calling the cops instantly, it's true. And I feel even worse for your friends, I don't know what happened but I know you lost people important to you and that's always a shame, especially when they're taken by someone else's hand.

This lady sounds like an asshole, someone who should have talked to this girl instead of calling the police and wasting everyone's time on something simple that hurt no one. I don't think her life should burn to the ground for it like some people seem to think though. There's few good things that come from an angry mob except...

Like Litan is saying, when social media outs the racist/homophobe/sexists, etc. There's plenty of people, in power or not, that deserve this outing. The kind of people that shoot first, that hurt someone based on their skin color, that beat or harass based on the gender they are or who they decide to love.

I don't how this lady's a racist though. There's not enough to go by in this small video to say that, at least for me there isn't. Where is this little girl being referred to as an other, where is this lady calling her a n***** or using language that leads to that assumption? I can't just look at this and say white person+black person=racist white person. Shitty lady, sure. Unnecessary BS from someone that apparently doesn't know better or doesn't care to know better? Sure. I'm not going to make that kind of accusation workout something more to go on other than skin color. It seems antithetical to the idea that the color of someone's skin shouldn't matter in how you're treated in society. Maybe she is a racist, I don't know. Unless you can pull out something that shows she is that kind of fucked up person you don't either, or anyone else in this thread for that matter.

I'll say it again, this is nothing new. Little kids trying to sell whatever get the police called on them about permits, it happens to all skin colors. I can't say this one is different from any of those other ones. Hell, there's a cop (I'm assuming, based on the nature of the post) in this very thread who says they carry permits in their car for this very reason. I just feel it's being taken a bit too far for this instance, for more reasons than one.

giphy.gif

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd a smashed her phone on the concrete if she'd pulled this on my 7-year-old.

Why are yt pipo so hateful towards us?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

There always needs to be an N word before some acknowledge racism. That's not how the worst kind of racism works. It's about targeting, profiling, and discrimination. Yes I'm just sure a little blonde White girl would have had the cops called on her by this lady, who was a little blonde White girl entrepreneur herself. Never mind that when the police are called on Black people, sometime things go bad very quickly so there really is no excuse.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, if something isn't harming you or someone else, mind your own business.

It's harming real LEGAL American SMALL BUSINESSES™ who pay their TAXES (of which there should be fewer) to fund social services (Of which there should be none) who are just trying to feed their (white) families. But most importantly, this isn't what the troops fought for. Now will you please stand for the National Anthem. (That wasn't a question. STAND NOW.)

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
There always needs to be an N word before some acknowledge racism. That's not how the worst kind of racism works. It's about targeting, profiling, and discrimination. Yes I'm just sure a little blonde White girl would have had the cops called on her by this lady, who was a little blonde White girl entrepreneur herself. Never mind that when the police are called on Black people, sometime things go bad very quickly so there really is no excuse.

Uh, yes. Look up stories about kids getting the cops called on them for selling stuff. It happens, probably more often than it should. For all I know she's some batshit person that thinks in her mind she's teaching a kid about how business works with a lesson she learned though hers, or she's just an asshole that thinks kids selling water without a permit is digging into her profits somehow. I also didn't say just the N word is what you need, I just need something outside of skin color for me to call someone a racist. A history, a blog, a comment, something other than nothing. Calling the police in and of itself isn't racist, though the police response might be.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
The Huffington Post spoke to Ettel who said she was "pretending" to call the police.

"They were screaming about what they were selling," she told HuffPo. "It was literally nonstop. It was every two seconds, 'Come and buy my water.' It was continuous and it wasn't a soft voice, it was screaming."

Ettel said she suffered for hours with the screaming and "snapped." She said it stressed her out and now, she claims, she's getting threats and feels "discriminated against."

"It was stupid," she told HuffPo. "I completely regret that I handled that so poorly. It was completely stress-related, and I should have never confronted her. That was a mistake, a complete mistake. Please don't make me sound horrible."
200w.webp

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

So much "stress" for a woman selling pot (and illegally selling pot without a permit when she started). But hey, you white, you can break rules and you can be on the forefront as an entrepreneur, if you aren't, well fuck you stay poor and have white people bitch that you are lazy and won't pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Which is it racists? You can't have it both ways. Oh wait, I shouldn't ask, if it was up them all of us would either be dead, about to be dead or subservient to their every whim

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
So much "stress" for a woman selling pot (and illegally selling pot without a permit when she started). But hey, you white, you can break rules and you can be on the forefront as an entrepreneur, if you aren't, well fuck you stay poor and have white people bitch that you are lazy and won't pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Which is it racists? You can't have it both ways. Oh wait, I shouldn't ask, if it was up them all of us would either be dead, about to be dead or subservient to their every whim
"Fuck I can't figure out how much pot to use on a husky... well better call the cops on this 8 year old black girl to releave some stress"

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Hello, lady I'm someone who suffers from anxiety and teaches 24 eight year olds. Go fuck yourself.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ettel told HuffPost that the incident, which has left her feeling "horrible and heart-wrenched," began because the girl's mother was "screaming." She asked the building's security to intervene, but said they could do nothing.

Ettel said she had the windows of her office open. When asked why she did not close the windows, she said because it was too hot and closing them would not have stopped the noise.

"I had been putting up with this for hours, and I just snapped," Ettel said.

Ettel said she is now getting threats online and feels "discriminated against."

"It was stupid," she said. "I completely regret that I handled that so poorly. It was completely stress-related, and I should have never confronted her. That was a mistake, a complete mistake. Please don't make me sound horrible."

Lmao, basically -->

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't know her words make her sound worse.

Ettel told HuffPost that the incident, which has left her feeling "horrible and heart-wrenched," began because the girl's mother was "screaming." She asked the building's security to intervene, but said they could do nothing.

"They were screaming about what they were selling," she said. "It was literally nonstop. It was every two seconds, 'Come and buy my water.' It was continuous and it wasn't a soft voice, it was screaming."

Selling anything with a loud voice while black. In the middle of the fucking city.

We can't live. We can't breath. We can't move. We can't work. We can't play. We can't ask people to buy our products. We can't talk.

Even if she wasn't intentional, she's still racist. She lives in the city and wants quiet. Sorry. It's not possible. Move to the country. She would rather arrest some black people or threaten their lives for some quiet. Her need for quiet is more important than a black kid's life.

You don't have to yell nigger. You don't have to burn a cross. We can still see your racism.

She wanted a 'soft' voice. Black people are too loud. In the city where we expect to hear a lot of noise.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
#PermitPatty worked on Wall Street and got an MBA from Ross but she was stressed from witnessing a black girl sell water?

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
"Please don't make me sound horrible."

I'm dying. Permit Patty know she done fucked up.

My fav part of the video is her defiantly clapping back with "Without a permit??

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
If the whole pot for dogs thing doesn't work out, she can always get into racist stealth missions.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
That's not how the world works anymore. Now you find people on the internet and break their lives for all the terrible shit you imprint on their being, whether it's all true or not. Lady's an asshole, for sure, but this is nothing new. Lemonade stands, BBQ at a flea market, yard/garage sales and all manner of peddlers get told they have too stop selling or get a permit.

People's dirty laundry use to at least stay close to them, in their community and such, but now the whole world gets exposed to it and everyone furthest away feels it's their job to fix that laundry with a flame thrower.

Good. Racists need to have their lives ruined. You see, this is how social progress is made. It's not longer as acceptable to just call the cops on some minorities you see because you're Racist-Afraid of them. This will stop this racist acts from occurring as racists start thinking they'll suffer consequences for their Racism.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
This woman, who sells kibbles and kush for a living, and started her business without a permit, called the cops on an 8 year old black girl for selling water outside of her building.

And I'm supposed to believe that she did that because the girl was loud?

I wasn't born yesterday, and neither was this woman, who was very aware of what her privilege would get her.

At worst, it's racism, and she deserves to be mocked.

At best, she's overwhelmingly stupid and hypocritical...and STILL deserves to be mocked for calling the cops on a damn 8-year-old.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I think the answer to this is to have a bunch of people tail that woman ready to drop a dime on her ass.

We need a Start Snitching (while black) movement.