• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Imagine being 8 years old, you see the news about cops killing innocent color people every week, it doesn't make sense. Then some white lady comes over to tell you shes calling the cops on you because you annoy them. Then you have to live with the perception that if you annoy white people they can call the cops to hurt you.

Yeah I don't feel sorry for what this lady gets.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
Imagine being 8 years old, you see the news about cops killing innocent color people every week, it doesn't make sense. Then some white lady comes over to tell you shes calling the cops on you because you annoy them. Then you have to live with the perception that if you annoy white people they can call the cops to hurt you.

Yeah I don't feel sorry for what this lady gets.

The black experience gives us many moments of clarity for "oh I'm perceived that much of a threat"

Sometimes at very young ages

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
"Please don't make me sound horrible". Umm, you did that yourself you dumbass. When you chose to go out and try to bully people and threaten them with police with a smug-ass look on your face.
Lots of people online think your behaviour was shitty and deserves scorn? Oh waaaaahhhhhh, welcome to a world where you can't just treat people like shit without the possibility of blowback. Cell phone cameras and the internet was the worst thing to happen to pieces of shit like this. Busy-body little assholes who take their shitty lives out on other people, or worse, actively try to harm others.
Is she racist? Doesn't matter to me, she's a piece of shit regardless, but I can very easily see how a case can be made for it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
QljhcwAl.jpg

mfw I'm telling
DgZQei-W0AIjUQo.jpg

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She was probably just trying to shut down the competition for her shop where she sells Google employees vegan artisanal raw water for thirty bucks a liter.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY

Exactly what I thought when I heard she's selling cannibus edibles for dogs. She operates on the fringe in hopes that she won't get in trouble because what she is doing could be considered illegal, but she has a problem with a little girl doing well?

Get yourself checked out, lady. Your head isn't right, you racist piece.

Edit: I actually spoke with an officer, father of one of my daughter's friends, about this yesterday. He was telling me how they don't going to fuck around with vendors because the tickets are pretty expensive and they're not going to try and bag an older man, usually an old dude ice cream carts without the permits, for trying to make a buck. This is NYC for what it's worth.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
First, that's terrible Redfoxx. Really, truly awful. It would help if people were willing to talk to each other about a problem instead of calling the cops instantly, it's true. And I feel even worse for your friends, I don't know what happened but I know you lost people important to you and that's always a shame, especially when they're taken by someone else's hand.

This lady sounds like an asshole, someone who should have talked to this girl instead of calling the police and wasting everyone's time on something simple that hurt no one. I don't think her life should burn to the ground for it like some people seem to think though. There's few good things that come from an angry mob except...

Like Litan is saying, when social media outs the racist/homophobe/sexists, etc. There's plenty of people, in power or not, that deserve this outing. The kind of people that shoot first, that hurt someone based on their skin color, that beat or harass based on the gender they are or who they decide to love.

I don't how this lady's a racist though. There's not enough to go by in this small video to say that, at least for me there isn't. Where is this little girl being referred to as an other, where is this lady calling her a n***** or using language that leads to that assumption? I can't just look at this and say white person+black person=racist white person. Shitty lady, sure. Unnecessary BS from someone that apparently doesn't know better or doesn't care to know better? Sure. I'm not going to make that kind of accusation workout something more to go on other than skin color. It seems antithetical to the idea that the color of someone's skin shouldn't matter in how you're treated in society. Maybe she is a racist, I don't know. Unless you can pull out something that shows she is that kind of fucked up person you don't either, or anyone else in this thread for that matter.

I'll say it again, this is nothing new. Little kids trying to sell whatever get the police called on them about permits, it happens to all skin colors. I can't say this one is different from any of those other ones. Hell, there's a cop (I'm assuming, based on the nature of the post) in this very thread who says they carry permits in their car for this very reason. I just feel it's being taken a bit too far for this instance, for more reasons than one.

Edit-Sorry, forgot to put in the posts I was quotting.
Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt is a doctrine of the court. But if you use that logic to confront and judge the people in society you will mostly regret it. This isn't the court of law. If I have to search her browser history or texts messages to deem her racist then by that logic no one is racist. You just have to have a little deductive reason and come to the conclusion that it is unlikely she would have done this to a little girl who more closely resembled her. She may have even given her advice and told her she should seek a permit eventually if she wants her business to prosper. She comes downstairs and calls the police once she realizes the girl has an adult with her. Your giving her the benefit of doubt that she doesn't know the political climate and how it is perceived blacks feel toward police engagement and vice versa? Every time I am approached by an office I wonder if I'm going to die or not. I'm not giving a woman with two masters degrees the benefit of the doubt that she isn't up to date with the narrative of black and police tension. After putting two and two together it doesn't take a leap in logic that their presence disturbed her, and instead of asking the girls if they can stop selling at the moment,and chalking it to the game if they refuse, she decided to get the police involved. And she has gone on record regretting the situation. Yet your ready to call a mistrial. The innocent have nothing to regret.

So you can keep going through life with a "what are the facts!" You will always come up with nada because most racist didn't become racist over night. They know the game. Plausible deniability. "Just don't mention their race or say the N word and your good!" it's part of the tactics. Or the good ol' "I'm not racist my cousin's sister's boyfriend is black!" excuse, but as a black man I know better. After that nypd office put his knee on my 14 year old neck because I "assaulted him" (oh did I meantion I'm 27 currently and stand at 5 foot 4?) it never happened to me again because of deductive reasoning not evidence based judgment. We can not afford to wait for the facts.

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Any argument she makes completely flies out the window the moment she had that smug face while calling the police.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read the Huffington Post article. Doesn't sound like she was being racist. She probably would have reacted the same way had it been a white family outside yelling out "WATER" for hours on end.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
I read the Huffington Post article. Doesn't sound like she was being racist. She probably would have reacted the same way had it been a white family outside yelling out "WATER" for hours on end.
Lol you better stop it bro. I know you not gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the grown white woman vs an 8 year old.

White priveledge folks! Must be nice.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
From the Huffington Post article:

It was the mother bothering her, not the girl.
Lol boy I hope you go to bat for blacks who end up beaten or dead in cop altercations. You gonna just take this ladies word as the absolute truth? A coward who could have called the cops from upstairs but obviously came downstairs to be confrontational?

I got bridge to sell u boy. And you better believe me when I tell u I own it.

EDIT: would it be more convincing if I get a white woman to sell it to you? Should she cry?

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's countless ways to deal with this situation that does not involve confrontation or plays of power.

The ability to call the police for something so insignificant comes from a place of privilege.

Last edited:

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's countless ways to deal with this situation that does not involve confrontation or plays of power.
True. The article says, "After confronting the girl and her mother, Ettel said she was only bluffing when she said she was going to call the cops." It's not clear whether she spoke with the mother and daughter first, or if she immediately threatened to call the police. I'm kinda leaning towards the latter judging by her "'I had been putting up with this for hours, and I just snapped'" line. It sounds like she handled the situation poorly.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
True. The article says, "After confronting the girl and her mother, Ettel said she was only bluffing when she said she was going to call the cops." It's not clear whether she spoke with the mother and daughter first, or if she immediately threatened to call the police. I'm kinda leaning towards the latter judging by her "'I had been putting up with this for hours, and I just snapped'" line. It sounds like she handled the situation poorly.
I get what you tryna say but by that logic i should call the cops on little Kid who's be mowing lawns for extra bread since schools let out. It's annoying and if it makes me "snap" it would be justified to you. It's starting seems to me you are speaking from experience bro

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I walk in front of businesses all the time and find various people asking me to donate to their church, buy something, or just engaging in some weird conversation I never asked them for.

There was a black guy sitting on a bench the other day who straight up started a conversation with me and pretty much any customer who walked up. I don't know what he wanted and I just told him to have a nice day. I certainly wouldn't have called the cops on him because I don't think like that. It wouldn't have even occurred to me to threaten someone.

Life is hard enough without having to create unnecessary problems for other people.

Someone yelling "WATER!" is not something that affects anyone except those who may desire some water.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From the Huffington Post article:

It was the mother bothering her, not the girl.
That sounds like someone caught on film being racist and trying to make an excuse.

I mean it literally says she was trying to hide because she was trying to "find a quiet place where [she] could hear". Now why would she do that if she was faking a call to the police?

Furthermore, why harass the kid? If her mother was the problem, why not confront her?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So in that article.... she called the cops because a black woman was being quiet....... uhhhh so being quiet is a reason to call cops? Christ this country sucks.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Giving drugs to animals should not be legal either. That's pretty fucked up.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you can get her in trouble for selling dog pot, she's pretty much the boss.
True enough, but I would be surprised if her business doesn't take a hit. At least on the marketing side.
Other businesses she's worked with have already announced they're no longer doing business with her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkZD6Awh5Wf/?taken-by=lady.buds
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYe_s2jbsh/?hl=en&taken-by=magoaksocial

joylevel11

Banned
May 19, 2018
what does her skin colour have to do with it? are we just assuming cause the kid is black that this white woman went after her and that if the kid was white she'd not bother? OK. maybe i'm missing something here. and by that tweet are they suggesting that the woman called the police hoping they'd shoot her?

i'm not defending the woman here. it's disgusting what she did but i'm not sure why we're bringing race into it.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
what does her skin colour have to do with it? are we just assuming cause the kid is black that this white woman went after her and that if the kid was white she'd not bother? OK. maybe i'm missing something here. and by that tweet are they suggesting that the woman called the police hoping they'd shoot her?

i'm not defending the woman here. it's disgusting what she did but i'm not sure why we're bringing race into it.

Getting reeeeeeal fucking tired of this same bullshit every fucking time there's racial threads on this forum.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
of course not but why are we just taking it straight to race? so if anyone has any kind of conflict with someone of a different race it's automatically racist? she might have done the same thing if it were a white kid.

Would you call the police on an 8 year old girl? Why would this woman call the police on an 8 year old girl? Think through it, what reason could she possibly have? Why would she smile and hide on video? If you take a step back and look at the situation you will find the answer.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's bullshit? please explain. i'm asking a simple question as to why race is being brought into it? the bullshit here is how people just jump straight to the racist card.

Because calling the cops on black people is an attack on them.

People like you are the reason racism persists. You're garbage.

joylevel11

Banned
May 19, 2018
Would you call the police on an 8 year old girl? Why would this woman call the police on an 8 year old girl? Think through it, what reason could she possibly have? Why would she smile and hide on video? If you take a step back and look at the situation you will find the answer.
no i wouldn't. i don't know why the woman called the police. what kind of person even bothers an 8 year old kid selling water? i just don't get why people are going straight to calling her a racist. we don't know if that's why she called the police. for all we know she could've done the exact same thing on a white kid.