• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
In today's "Hold My Beer" news, it looks as though there's a new white woman who wants to dethrone #BBQBecky in the "Calling Police on Black People For No Damn Reason" award. But this time, the unidentified white woman didn't call the police on an adult, but an 8-year-old girl.

In the video, posted by "Ladyesowavy" on Instagram, a white woman in San Francisco called the police on the woman's daughter for selling bottles of water in front of their apartment building.
"This woman don't want a little girl to sell some water, she's calling the police on an 8-year-old girl," the woman says.

The white woman attempted to hide behind a stoop, thankfully, for America she was followed.

"Don't hide, the whole world gonna see you boo."

"Illegally selling water without a permit?" the white woman said.

"On my property," the mother stated.

"It's not your property," the white woman replied.

Although the video was only a few seconds long, you have to wonder what type of woman actually calls the police on a little kid? Well, now we don't have to wonder.

https://www.theroot.com/permitpatty-white-woman-calls-police-on-8-year-old-gi-1827075905

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
had the nerve. the nerve to grin and hide. that woman can't have a lot of happiness in her life.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao they always use city bureaucracy against POC.

And no wonder there's a lack of black entrepreneurs. White people are rewarded for behaviour that gets the cops called on black folk.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have a very hard time not getting angry at the woman calling the cops.

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever, spread the video and let the world see.

I don't understand how people like this put so much effort into being assholes. Like why do they care so much?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how her extreme dedication to city permits only surfaces when the seller is sufficiently dark skinned.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody's gotta bust up the lemonade stand racket. Their power has gone unchecked for TOO LONG! Bless this brave American patriot!
cryingbaldeagle.gif

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
Happy black kids learning what work is about and teaching them responsabilities? NOT ON MY WATCH, POLICE BEAT THIS LITTLE GIRL

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao they always use city bureaucracy against POC.

And no wonder there's a lack of black entrepreneurs. White people are rewarded for behaviour that gets the cops called on black folk.
white tattletales, except the consequences can often be deadly, or extremely harmful and debilitating. lose your life, or have your life ruined, for a tiny infraction. it's a method of social control by the privileged against the under-privileged.

pretty blatant, and racism is a very useful component of the system of social control.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
"Illegally selling water without a permit!"
How many times has this woman bought cookies from cute white Girl Scouts, huh? Or Lemonade from a grade schooler's stand?

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
What a dumb woman. Why rat on a kid selling water? I encountered people like that when i was a kid. No idea why there are people who want to report children to the police for doing superinnocent stuff.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
What on Earth would posses anyone to call the cops on a little girl running a little Lemonade Stand in front of her house.

You have to be the biggest racist in the world to look at a little child and see nothing but hatred. Kind of makes you feel sorry for their madness.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it ok to suggest these people be branded a svastika on their forehead ? Preferably with a knife. Asking for a friend.

RedValkyrie

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when kids selling lemonade at a lemonade stand was a thing?

Swap out lemonade with water, remove the stand, be black...get the cops called on you.

What on Earth would posses anyone to call the cops on a little girl running a little Lemonade Stand in front of her house.

You have to be the biggest racist in the world to look at a little child and see nothing but hatred. Kind of makes you feel sorry for their madness.
Yes, it's racism. They hate black skin so much that just the very sight of it drives them up the wall to the point they want it forcibly removed by the police.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
There should be mandatory minimums handed out for calling the police recklessly for non-emergency reasons.

Calling the cops on a young child should be a mandatory minimum sentence.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Remember when kids selling lemonade at a lemonade stand was a thing?

Swap out lemonade with water, remove the stand, be black...get the cops called on you.

Yes, it's racism. They hate black skin so much that just the very sight of it drives them up the wall to the point they want it forcibly removed by the police.

We literally had two kids in my neighborhood selling lemonade at a stand every Saturday for the last month. I'm pretty sure they didn't have a permit, I should have made a citizens arrest.

-------

Seriously, if something isn't harming you or someone else, mind your own business.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I just feel really sad that I'm not surprised about this. God damn, racists actively trying to shit over other people like they have nothing better to do.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine having the thought to take time out of your day, to go out of your way to call the police, *on an 8 year old girl*.

The whole world sees you now, lady.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Some day the cops will get called on me for showing up to work. It's inevitable that it get that ridiculous for black people.

I WORK HERE GUYS

"SORRY, THAT'S SHADY, CAN'T BE TOO CAREFUL"

Xkramz

Oct 28, 2017
Shaun king twit it. Best believe her info gonna get leaked and her life may turn upside down

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
"Hello Internet, there is a white lady being a hypocrite again."

Tar and feather the idiot, please.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Whew, that duck was absolutely hilarious. She knew she fucked up yet this won't be the last time this happens in the exact same manner.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck is her problem? She's 8 years old and she wants to sell refreshing water on a (presumably) hot day. Fuck off, lady.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I REALLY disliked getting these calls. Kids trying to learn about money, earn money, and for me to be the one to tell them they couldn't do it. Even when it's simply, "mom, can you run up to City Hall and grab a permit" kinda situation.

I specifically kept permits in my patrol car for stuff like this. I couldn't give them away, they had to be purchased. When it came to kids issues like this, I always traded a permit for a glass/bottle of whatever was being sold. Made sure to do it in front of the person that called. If they weren't present, I'd go to their location to let them know that the kids had a permit.