• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I bought our current house a little over a year ago. We're starting to feel the space crunch quicker than we expected now that our 9 month old is really mobile (we also have a 3.5 year old). We're making it work but have been discussing getting something bigger.

Has anyone here sold their house themselves with no realtor? Would you advise for or against it? I know you open yourself up to all sorts of legal risks if things go south. Just looking for people's honest opinions.

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
My wife and I bought our current house a little over a year ago. We're starting to feel the space crunch quicker than we expected now that our 9 month old is really mobile (we also have a 3.5 year old). We're making it work but have been discussing getting something bigger.

Has anyone here sold their house themselves with no realtor? Would you advise for or against it? I know you open yourself up to all sorts of legal risks if things go south. Just looking for people's honest opinions.
A realtor helps you sell the house, the attorney will help you with legal matters. If you think you can find buyers and negotiate on your own then it's certainly possible to drop the realtor. You'll work a lot more and potentially not sell for as good of a price though

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pros: you save on realtors fees.

Cons: you probably need a lot of time on your hands to schedule everything that needs to be scheduled, such as showings, inspections, etc. be mindful of all the paperwork

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
No, but I have been on the other end. My wife and I bought our current house from our landlords after renting for 2 years (wanted to buy it originally, but couldn't because of reasons). Anyway, we just went the lawyer route. My attorney drew up the contract with their attorney, no realtors involved, and we did the settlement in my guy's office.

It was a fairly easy process; we just had to schedule the inspections, appraisals, etc.

As the seller, if you're still living there, you'll need to do the advertising, schedule appointments, keep the house neat and orderly, keep the yard looking nice, etc. Well, the last 2, you'd have to do anyway, but the realtor would take care of the first 2 for you.