• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm skeptical of the idea that these consoles are going to use state of the art hardware in these things. Both the Xbone and the PS4 used hardware that had already been out for quite a while at release.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Are you shitting me? Dude is claiming a 2018 launch for PS5?

it seems like he's just triangulating a release window based on dev kits going out, and the timeframe that AMD parts are supposed to be ready.

i'm still on the fence about the track record though. i saw some posts about things they got right, but does anyone have a list of things they got wrong?

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
$1k for a blog post basically?
Semi-accurate by basing everything on AMD product release date? SMH.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this info is fake, they wouldn't guess 2018. Doesn't make sense.

Could Just the window the AMD hardware would be available.

Taking a not so cutting edge piece of hardware and customizing it has been kind of the norm for a while now. Jaguar was around before the PS4/XB1. The Tegra X1 was already getting replaced with a X2 when the Switch was released etc.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
My sources say its going to be an 11.2tflop GPU with cerny made hybrid architecture that enables effectively 1000gb of ram

$1000 please.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Also I'm skeptical of the idea that these consoles are going to use state of the art hardware in these things. Both the Xbone and the PS4 used hardware that had already been out for quite a while at release.
It will use Ryzen, which really debuted mid-Feburary. So if you would consider that architecture new or not in Holiday '20 is kind of blurry. It's coming when it needs to in order to start the engine work for games launching then.

TiG

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the gpu stuff is a guess by the author. However, as inaccurate as the article seems, He seems to imply that he has direct knowlege that dev kits are out there? So maybe 2019 then?

Oct 26, 2017
"Another thing to add to the mix is the number of dev kits out there. That number is large which means that the seeding program has gone from the small scale halo devs to the masses, a sure sign that the launch is getting close. This points to a 2018 launch but again isn't definite but coupled with the other data points, thing look very close""

He's clearly implying a 2018 launch, guys...

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
"Another thing to add to the mix is the number of dev kits out there. That number is large which means that the seeding program has gone from the small scale halo devs to the masses, a sure sign that the launch is getting close. This points to a 2018 launch but again isn't definite but coupled with the other data points, thing look very close""

Yea, after reading that quote, it does definitely seem like he means a 2018 release for the actual system. The only way I see that being possible, is if the PS4 pro also played PS5 games, which I believe would be super unlikely.

Matheus

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
They are clearly implying a 2018 PS5 launch, not just for the parts. But fuck, 2018 seems like total bullshit. Which is even weirder, considering they did get some stuff right before, apparently. Why lie now? (Besides the quick $1000).

Real or fake, shoutout to Jawbreaker. Thanks for taking this for the team, my dude

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if real or fake or whatever, but that tidbit about dev kits going out in large quantities has me hyped.

I'll drink the Kool Aid. Thanks Jawbreaker!

Oct 25, 2017
2018 launch for PS5..........

Uhhhhhh, the fact that they are even entertaining this idea gives me pause about their reliability.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Clarification: Navi GPU is rumored for a 2018 release NOT the PS5.

PS5 will be shown at E3 2019 for a Q4 2019 release, six years after the PS4. Y'all heard it here first.

Oct 25, 2017
They are clearly implying a 2018 PS5 launch, not just for the parts. But fuck, 2018 seems like total bullshit. Which is even weirder, considering they did get some stuff right before, apparently. Why lie now? (Besides the quick $1000).

Real or fake, shoutout to Jawbreaker. Thanks for taking this for the team, my dude
They've been a bit off with their timelines before. so I'm guessing 2019 based off of that.

Feb 10, 2018
Well, the gpu stuff is a guess by the author. However, as inaccurate as the article seems, He seems to imply that he has direct knowlege that dev kits are out there? So maybe 2019 then?

Devs received PS4 devkits around this time in 2012 didnt they?
So if devs are getting PS5 dev kits now nov 2019 is looking more likely.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Clarification: Navi is rumored for a 2018 release NOT the PS5.

PS5 will be shown at E3 2019 for a Q4 2019 release, six years after the PS4. Y'all heard it here first.

No he is literally projecting a 2018 launch

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Feel like if its actually released in 2018 everybody in this thread should give this guy $100 cause hes the only person I've ever heard say that the PS5 launch is 2018

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Definitely incorrect. Not only do they state that the components they wish to use may not launch until Q1 2019, they would risk completely cannibalising their PS4 install base by launching a new product so close to the PS4 Pro. I doubt Sony want the Osborne effect to happen to them, even though they're miles ahead of Microsoft and Nintendo. We're already experiencing longer generations than usual and I doubt Sony want to change that for the time being. Given that Sony are on the back-foot in terms of raw computational power, I also feel they'd want to wait until they can be confident that the PS brand can be re-associated with having the most power, mainly in terms of marketing to the consumer. It wouldn't necessarily look good if their new console is less powerful than the X.

It's also incorrect because I have sources that say it's going to have a 12tflop GPU with mandatory PSVR usage and the restriction on using second-hand copies, with cross-play with Microsoft from day 1.

Oct 26, 2017
Clarification: Navi GPU is rumored for a 2018 release NOT the PS5.

People are missing that the parts will be completed in 2018, not the release of the console

Okay so, no, this reading is completely wrong.

"Another thing to add to the mix is the number of dev kits out there. That number is large which means that the seeding program has gone from the small scale halo devs to the masses, a sure sign that the launch is getting close. This points to a 2018 launch but again isn't definite but coupled with the other data points, thing look very close"