1. Bundy

Bundy

Man, all that was.... useless. "2018" lol. I hope the 2020 release still stands as some have suggested. Would be perfect.

2. K.Jack

K.Jack

This site would be fucked if that was a $1000 screen cap from my site, with that level of information. I'm just saying.

I'm also hearing bad things about Navi and have hopes that Sony skips it.

3. steviejd1

steviejd1

So basically what always happens in the launch year of a console?

4. Expy

Expy

Who's to say that TLOU part 2, Ghosts of Tsushima and other games aren't really PS5 titles downported for PS4?

5. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

Hmmmmmmm

6. Dizagaox

Dizagaox

Reality check, $1,000 is nothing for your typical mid to large gaming/computer/graphics developer, publisher, engineer, manufacturer, etc. It's just thrown under expenses, and worth it for the intel you get from the articles and forum.

7. It's from his podcast, he says it has two SKUs, one as powerful as the Xbox One X and the other less powerful but he wouldn't be surprised if the less powerful SKU was dropped before reveal.

And he goes on and on about how Google moneyhatted this classic game franchise reboot and how the graphics look great and it's like... They really sent you footage/images of a major unannounced game on a fucking unannounced console from fucking Google?

Only you?

8. TheExecutive

TheExecutive

2019 seems plausible. Beating MS to market at $399 has proven to be a good move.

9. Terra Firma

Terra Firma

The next Playstation is going to...
    Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers. Please send me $1000 naow. Sharing info below violates my copyright!!!
    ...have better specs than PS4.

10. Noroi_Kisaragi

Noroi_Kisaragi
    Banned Member

wait, nobody told you about the Era Gold account?

11. L Thammy

L Thammy

I bet this is actually a honeypot thread and Jawbreaker is just looking for an excuse to ban all of us.

12. Bundy

Bundy

lol never ever.

13. TiG

TiG

What now?

14. Instro

Instro

That's guranteed to happen regardless of what year it releases in. We already saw what happened with this gen, and I can only imagine it being more pronounced in the next gen.

15. baconcow

baconcow

Shocking Twist: SemiAccurate is owned by/partnered with Sony and this is a controlled leak and funding for the PS5's development.

16. 2018!? LOL. Nope.

17. LV-426

LV-426

2019 would be awesone. Make is the best you can for 499 please.

18. Terra Firma

Terra Firma

The Internet police is on its way.

19. console lover

console lover

I nominate the tag "wet work". It works on... multiple levels

20. Eylos

Eylos
    User requested ban Member

This is some hc paywall bs

21. passepied joe

passepied joe

Is there a summary?

22. TiG

TiG

Oh no, time to go offline!

23. Git

Git

lmao

24. Duxxy3

Duxxy3

I wonder if Sony would announce a PS5 this year, but not actually show anything. Sort of like Microsoft did with the X. Build up hype and take out what little wind is in the sales at Microsoft.

25. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher
    Crisis Dino - Snake is in Smash Moderator

Do not post scans to the article. It's fine to discuss the article via a summary.

26. z1ggy

z1ggy

Its gonna be better than PS4, will have some AMD shit, maybe in 2018

Nothing else

27. MattAces

MattAces

oh nice, you posted it then now you're banning it.

28. Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch
    Banned Member

PS5 comes out Holiday 2018 featuring an APU with a Navi gpu and an 8 Core Zen CPU.

Features much better VR support.

Tons of dev kits are out in the wild.

—————

My thoughts... the PS5 launching 2018 means that it will be built on 10-14nm, ie. It won’t be that powerful. It likely will just have crossgen games for the first two years.

An XB2 in 2020 could be built on 3-5nm, feature HBM2 ram and be significantly more powerful.

Microsoft’s biggest screw up is not making the XB1 compatible with the Oculus, the Vice or their own VR headsets. VR is going to be big next gen and MS allowed Sony to get a solid foothold completely unopposed (though the current PSVR headset and motion controllers are of very poor quality imo, the next ones won’t be).

29. Ultraviolence

Ultraviolence

I hope it doesn't come out that soon

30. Noroi_Kisaragi

Noroi_Kisaragi
    Banned Member

Are you mixing up Jawbreaker and Jawmuncher ?
    I don't blame you

31. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Nice save.

32. GamerEra

GamerEra
    Banned Member

I fully expect a PS5 to play all PS4 games. It's in everyone's best interest. (Sony/Devs/Consumers)

33. passepied joe

passepied joe

HAHAHHAHAHA $1000 FOR THIS

Thanks though. :)

34. Bwaaahahaha... 2018?

No chance in hell of that happening. PS5 will launch with Navi GPU arch on the 7nm. For a 2018 launch they will need to ramp up to volume production from the beginning of this year in order to stockpile enough inventory for a simultaneous worldwide launch... only problem is, 7nm isn't yet ready for volume production.

No way Sony launches on a fresh 7nm node. 2019 the 7nm process will be mature, meaning better production yields thus a stronger product. Fall 2020 could even allow for a launch on the 7nm EUV process, which I've heard is a real game-changer in semi-conductor manufacturing process technology. No reason to rush out the PS5 with the PS4 selling so well, and every reason to wait it out and launch with a more capable system.

35. ianpm31

ianpm31

I'm expecting a Feb 2019 reveal with fall 2019 launch

36. ShadowKingpin

ShadowKingpin

Does anyone have a copy of the image? If so, PM it to me, pleaaaassseeee.

37. John Frost

John Frost

Yep, 2020 please.

38. Bluelote

Bluelote

if it's this close to being released it's going to look bad for the Xbox One X, because the faster CPU will make a massive difference (the Jaguar CPUs in these consoles is really slow, I think a lot of people underestimate just hot bad it is compared to Zen) and the current gen including the X can be struggling to hit 30 when the PS5 is easily hitting 60, and the X will be barely 1 year old, so it would be unrealistically to expect a new, competitive Xbox for a while.

but who knows, it would also mean the PS4 Pro had a short life... but... I think the upgrade is needed, specially for their VR ambitions.

39. Well it depends on if it's the best interest of publishers to want to sell PS4 games to PS5 owners again.

40. LV-426

LV-426

If PS5 is not fully BC I will be very disappointed.

41. Stalker

Stalker

Y'all got any of them PM's?

[​IMG]

42. Kapryov

Kapryov

This is the real mindblowing revelation of the thread to me.

43. Mikey Jr.

Mikey Jr.

Honestly, I could write up something quick if that was allowed.

Like, what is allowed?

44. BigDes

BigDes

My uncle works at Sony and none of this is accurate to what he said about the next Playstation which will be called the Super Nintendo 3

45. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

This was lame. They didn't tell us anything.

46. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

A summary of the relevant details is fine.

47. MattAces

MattAces

Make a live reaction video of you reading it.

48. SharpX68K

SharpX68K

Late April Fools ?

49. EdgeXL

EdgeXL

Could I please get that image PMed to me?

50. EchoChamber

EchoChamber

I believe the ps5 will have true fur-k