• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The nexus of his credibility that has to be questioned is his underplaying of his drinking. I think he has a genuine fear that he could have done it when he was way too drunk and doesn't want to admit the possibility to himself or others.
As somebody that's a frequent drinker I find this hard to believe. Yes I've drunk enough to black out, but the worst things I have done while drunk, the stupid shit, I remember. Even for decades ago because that shit stays with you. You don't block out nearly raping a girl. And seeing as how his buddy purposely avoided the girl after that point, he sure as well knew as well. I don't believe Kavanaugh didn't.

Oct 27, 2017
A more honest question for people who support this asshole is does it actually matter to you if the allegations are true?

Because I strongly suspect that it doesn't matter to them. At least it would cut out a lot of the bullshit.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Given as there so far as we know only are three people who know what happened in that dorm room, unless Kavanaugh's friend changes his story there is nothing the FBI investigation will turn up. It's word against word.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A more honest question for people who support this asshole is does it actually matter to you if the allegations are true?

Because I strongly suspect that it doesn't matter to them. At least it would cut out a lot of the bullshit.

Been saying this for a while now. It clearly doesn't matter to them, or there wouldn't even be a debate as to whether or not Brett should be sitting on the Supreme Court.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

No. But only the rare MAGAhead will admit it. It doesn't to those men that were watching her testimony (except Flake) nor does it matter to 90 percent of the GOP in office. If it mattered to half of the voters that vote GOP I'd be surprised.

Deleted member 30569

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm glad you set the minority straight on his "immature" writing style while he was explaining why he feels uncomfortable amongst white Trumpers.

Your post is condescending. Not only was my intention NOT to set anybody "straight" (whatever that means), but you're making assumptions about me you should not be making.

Look, all I'm trying to do is have a nuanced, reasonable conversation about this. I realize that this is certainly not the thread to do it. (I apologize to all of it's seen as "derailment," that's certainly not the goal as I was just replying to a certain post.)

I can certainly create my own thread to try to have such a conversation, but from the rather long time I've been participating in and reading this forum, I think I have an idea of how such a thread might go. So I'm not going to create it.

Again, apologies for any perceived derailment (not the intent). Have a great day everyone! :-)

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Keep in mind while we have this discourse that I respect your experiences, I really do. Not diminishing them in any way.

From your original post, it didn't seem like these folks in your neighborhood had done anything other than being "Trump supporters" (is that even confirmed? How do you know they are? Do they have Trump/Pence bumper stickers? Yard signs? Sorry if I missed one of your earlier posts about this.) In any case, what I'm asking you (and I guess anyone else in this forum) is: does being a Trump supporter eliminate pretty much any "humanity," goodwill, civility, or otherwise good citizenship a person may have?

It seems that, time and again, many folks in this forum make the assumption that if someone is a Trump supporter, let alone Republican, they immediately become incredibly racist, "fascist," or any other label that makes them out to be monsters. The reason why I picked you is because your post me it seem like other than being Trump supporters (?) your neighbors were actually reasonable people.

I stopped reading at "in case you missed the memo." Try a more mature writing style and we can talk.

Fuck trump supporters. They know exactly what kind of lying, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, corrupt piece of shit they support. He's not subtle. If you still support him, yes, I think that by definition makes you a garbage person.

Deleted member 30569

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Fuck trump supporters. They know exactly what kind of lying, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, corrupt piece of shit they support. He's not subtle. If you still support him, yes, I think that by definition makes you a garbage person.

So much for nuance...

(I don't even have to state the obvious, but I will anyway: I'm not a Trump supporter.)

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Your post is condescending. Not only was my intention NOT to set anybody "straight" (whatever that means), but you're making assumptions about me you should not be making.

Look, all I'm trying to do is have a nuanced, reasonable conversation about this. I realize that this is certainly not the thread to do it. (I apologize to all of it's seen as "derailment," that's certainly not the goal as I was just replying to a certain post.)

I can certainly create my own thread to try to have such a conversation, but from the rather long time I've been participating in and reading this forum, I think I have an idea of how such a thread might go. So I'm not going to create it.

Again, apologies for any perceived derailment (not the intent). Have a great day everyone! :-)

Just stop. You're not fooling anyone.

I'm not a Trump supporter.)

giphy.gif

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So much for nuance...

(I don't even have to state the obvious, but I will anyway: I'm not a Trump supporter.)

There is no nuance with people who openly support white supremacy, mysogynisy and the litany of other moral failings these morons embrace with fervor. Fuck them. They are not worth wasting time on, especially as they are only a quarter of the population.

(I didn't assume you were)

Oct 26, 2017

"Look, I'm just sitting here with my turd trying to have a reasonable conversation and all you guys are yelling at me". It's almost like there was a video recently pointing out how dumb this looks. I'd actually like to see you make a thread on this subject, because I'd like to see if you can spin it differently than everyone else before you.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
How do you expect her to do that for a case that is 36 years old?

She already submitted a polygraph she passed.

The only other evidence other than BK taking a poly is Mark Judge.

This is not up to her but she has repeatedly said that she'll cooperate.

The burden of proof isn't on her as this is not a local police led criminal case.

The burden of proof is absolutely on the accuser.

Whether this is a criminal case or not, if both parties seem credible based on testimony and the investigation doesn't substantiate either party, then a he said/she said situation needs to be put to rest.

You don't deny someone an appointment because someone said something about you that cannot be verified. That's nonsense.

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped reading at "in case you missed the memo." Try a more mature writing style and we can talk.

When the poster was talking about being uncomfortable in a white Trump-voting neighborhood as a black man and you presume that somehow Trump's lack of intelligence is the concern, I assure you, an assumption of ignorance is the most flattering one that I could have afforded you. Good day.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Whether this is a criminal case or not, if both parties seem credible based on testimony and the investigation doesn't substantiate either party, then a he said/she said situation needs to be put to rest.

You don't deny someone an appointment because someone said something about you that cannot be verified. That's nonsense.

I was about to respond to this bullshit, but then reading your post history realized it would be a waste of time.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Given as there so far as we know only are three people who know what happened in that dorm room, unless Kavanaugh's friend changes his story there is nothing the FBI investigation will turn up. It's word against word.
They won't be able to know if he tried to rape anyone, true. But they can easily catch him in a ton of lies. His biggest mistake was not admitting that he could get rowdy when drunk. I'm convinced that he'll be disqualified after a week. This is the worst case scenario for him.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Okay, then deny him based on his temperament and perjury. Case closed.

Oct 25, 2017

When it comes from Several reliable people, yes you do.

If she is credible then she is fucking credible. What about his q/a session was credible in your eyes? The parts where he dodged almost every question? What are your thoughts about her revealing to her therapists as well as friends about this way before he was even nominated? He is supposed to be a Supreme Court justice, you don't confirm a Supreme Court justice that has such a questionable history. People have been forced to step down from their positions for less.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017

But Kavanaugh's testimony is not credible. He stated he was never drunk, we have multiple third-party sources telling us he was a heavy drinker. Including this "Bart O'Kavanag' reference in a book written in 2012.

So since the guy already comitted perjury, it would be stupid to give his denial as much weight as Ford's testimony.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
His character is already shot to shit... he and his family will never live this down. I know it must suck to know that this will follow you and your family for the rest of your life regardless of what comes out. People know that you are a lying piece of shit that has been forced into the position that you seek and anyone with half a brain will know the truth that you are covering up.

It will come back.... I'm sure of it.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the retired FBI agents say the White House couldn't do this?

IIRC they said the FBI determines the investigation and any attempt by the WH to impede them would be grounds for obstruction of justice.

Of course, then the GOP narrative is that the FBI investigation is biased and thus can't be trusted...but that was obvious.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
That's totally the actions one would take if they were confident their nominee is totally innocent.

Fucking ridiculous. This admin isn't even slick enough to hide their bullshit.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Can I go on a tirade like Lindsey Graham? THIS WHITE HOUSE IS A TOTAL SHAM. THEY'LL DO ANYTHING TO STAY IN POWER, I SWEAR TAH HELL

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
If he were a liberal I'd feel the same way. Dude didn't really answer anything, the entire time he acted like some unhinged conspiracy theorist, not someone who should be a judge in the highest court in the land.

Someone should have asked him if he believes in the Illuminati. And it's funny because no one besides a middle aged white man could get away with that. If a women was yelling like that she'd be called hysterical, and if it was a black man, jeez, don't even get me started. He got up there and acted like an entitled little punk who has never been challenged a day in his life.

If he acts like that with cameras on him imagine how he acts when he's drunk. Sure, I'd be pissed if I was being falsely accused, but I'd never go out there acting like that. "Do you like beer?"

She should've said, "That's irrelevant. I'm not the one accused of sexual assault."

Status
Not open for further replies.