• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
What percentage of Sanders voters didn't vote for Hillary? In the single digits? In line with most Democratic nominees?

Why nurse that grudge?

Dragnipur

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I dunno, but to me it feels that Era likes to blame Bernie voters more than Trump voters when things go wrong .
Should blame the Hillary voters who voted on gender instead of policy, Bernie was the far better candidate based on policy, likeability, and had way more momentum. I don't want to derail the thread further so feel free to pm if you disagree

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blame the DNC as well for not listening to the American public. I bet that they're now kicking themselves for not doing so.

Maybe next time they'll start pulling their heads out of their asses & give people a candidate that is likeable.

Don't put words in my mouth, please.
Jesus you Bernie clowns just refused to accept reality that he lost.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Blame the DNC as well for not listening to the American public. I bet that they're now kicking themselves for not doing so.

Maybe next time they'll start pulling their heads out of their asses & give people a candidate that is likeable.

Nah, I blame the assholes who put likability over the completely obvious effects electing Dipshit would have.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

The American voters in the primaries overwhelmingly chose Clinton.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
American Bar Association just said vote should be delayed until FBI investigation?

Big news no?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Couple of senate insider sites and twitter are reporting they have secured enough votes for Kavanaugh to pass the senate judiciary committee tomorrow morning at 930am EST and the general senate floor soon after. They are saying all the maybes - Flake, Collins, Murkowski, and Corker - are voting yes along with a few democrats like Manchin (West Virginia) which means they will have more than enough votes to pass.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017

Why is this garbage popping up again in this thread? The DNC didn't make more people vote for Hillary in the primary. Gtfo with this trash.

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
Knock it off with this Bernie/Clinton bullshit.
What's done is done. Groaning and moaning about it wont change the situation.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Facebook has not been as bad as it is today in some time. Just the worst takes about this whole thing. If you want to lose respect for people in a hurry, Facebook is your site.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of people wanted Bernie, they didn't want Hillary. Hillary is just as much of an unlikable candidate as Trump.

That stupid decision made by the DNC is what had cost them the election. Many Bernie voters had no choice but to vote for Trump not because they like him (which they don't), but because they didn't want Hillary.
What kind of flaming bullshit nonsense is this? They would rather vote for the person who represented literally the antithesis of everythign Bernie pushed for policy wise vs the woman who aligned with him in nearly every topic? No no no, they had a choice, they just decided to be little manchildren about it.

The superdelegates are what swung it actually.
This is some straight up bernie math level of not knowing what the fuck youre actually talking about

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This thread is not about the 2016 primaries. If you would like to discuss them, feel free to make a thread about it.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
I'm just stating facts. It's a fact that gay marriage at this point is too deep-rooted in America at this point for overturning it to be a popular enough position for anybody. Have any states tried to de-legalize it? Any laws made to make it illegal? Any serious challenge made to it that's currently making its way through the courts? No, because no governor wants that Sword of Damocles hanging over their head when it comes to election time for the sake of overturning it everywhere.

Here are some more facts for you. Democrats have flipped over fifty Republican seats in areas they never thought they could win. All these elections happened in the past year and a half since 2016.

Either way this goes, people are gonna be super angry and turn out to vote. Yet some of you are acting like these special elections don't matter or mean anything. There's still people who say "I don't trust polls after 2016" even though the polls were mostly right.

I'm not saying not to worry, I'm saying to just think logically for a moment on how this might all play out. I get that emotions are high-strung right now, as they were back in 2016 when this whole mess started. But people really need to stop being defeatist and start thinking about how stuff like this can be used to energize people into voting!

Abortion and gay marriage are both at about 2/3rds support (May 2018 Gallup poll on gay marriage: 67% +/-4 should be legal; June 2018 Gallup poll asking "overturn Roe v Wade?" 64% +/-3 for "no"). I don't see this deep-rooted American acceptance of gay marriage you speak of. There have been gains since the ruling in 2015, but it was already over 50% before the ruling, and it is definitely not apple-pie levels of American life. There are already religious freedom laws across the country and eight states that allow LGBT discrimination by adoption agencies. How long before owners don't have to offer healthcare coverage to gay spouses on religious grounds? They'll keep chipping away until the marriage is just a piece of paper. No one has de-legalized abortion either, near as I can tell. They just make it very, very hard. Give them 45 years on same-sex marriage; they'll think of something.

I agree that we have to vote and keep voting. But I don't think any rights are safe.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway...

Something that interests me is that, during Kavanaugh's Fox News interview thing, didn't he say he didn't drink at all? But yet in his sworn testimony, he now admits to drinking all the time.

Shouldn't that in of itself be incriminating and a powerful argument? That he went on national television and lied to millions of Americans over something so minor and trivial, but did it anyway to just try and help his image. And if he lied on something like drinking in high school and college and so quickly backtracked on it anyway, if he lied about something so minor on that but got on national television and broadcast that to millions of people anyway... well, what else is he lying about exactly?

Regardless of whether the accusations are true or not or how one feels about any of that, the fact that he did something like that anyway in of itself casts a tremendous shadow of doubt over whether he's truly judicial material or not. What kind of judge does that, nevermind one angling for the highest court of the land? How in any way is that judicial material, or what people think of when they think of a Supreme Court justice

Kind of surprised that particular angle of attack didn't come up more. Though, there were so many lies and so much garbage to focus on that it's hard to know what's worth pursuing and what isn't I suppose. Just way too much garbage to sift through, and it's not like Kavanaugh was being cooperative and answering any questions anyway.

Either way, no use fretting at this point. Whatever's going to happen is going to happen. All we can do is wait and react accordingly. Which sucks. I hate being so powerless and not being able to do anything. It's a tremendously frustrating feeling. But nonetheless getting frustrated or worrying or whatever won't change anything either. All we can do is hope for the best, while preparing for the worst. Time will tell what happens now.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Imagine if Ford was hysterical like Kav or Graham... I can already already see the right wing bullshit

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Lol, as if the republicans give a shit about what the Bar Association or anybody else thinks.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Had no choice but to be whiny pricks. I remember a few of them back before the election, they can fuck right off. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, bunch of fucking tools.

Whiny pricks is a right description to be honest. One of my best friends wasted his vote in 2016 writing in 'Bernie'. Makes me wonder how many other Bernie supporters did something similar.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
They're not going to delay because of the ABA.

The hearings today was the bare minimum they could do to entertain the allegation.

Now they can go "well we heard her out, impossible to know we're all just ships passing in the night, ok Brett onto SCOTUS get cracking on Roe and Obergefell".

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Went to bed shortly after Graham's "BUT DA DEMMACRITZ" rant and Cornyns inconceivable bullshit. What did I miss?

Also - has anyone started making a shirt that says "I lift with Tobin" instead of "I stand with Brett" yet?

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017

This from Deshowitz of all people. And now the ABA?

Weird to see this sudden change of heart.

Of course at least for the ABA this is a no brainer for them. Come out and be able to say that you wanted a thorough probe into the investigations even though you know full well the Republicans won't give two shits about it and move forward with the vote.

Dershowitz I have no idea what he'd be gaining out of any of this.

Oct 27, 2017
When I grew up I was taught that the Supreme Court was honorable and trustworthy. That they were above politics.

I'm not gonna lie to my son like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.