• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
That's not what a connection is. If my mom went to Red Lobster and I went there the week after, I don't have a connection at Red Lobster. If she went there, they liked her, and somehow remembered her, and I went and said "Hey my mom was here last week, remember her?" and they go "oh yeah she was lovely have this great seat" - THAT is a connection, because it has to do with the person at the institution.

Sure...which is why being a legacy is important because it's like everyone is trying to get into the Red Lobster and they let you in because your mom was there before.

That's why it's a connection. It's fine to have connections. Frankly, he was a fool if he didn't try to use it because, regardless of how hard you worked, Ivy League acceptance rates are low. I don't think he's a fool, I think he was saying something untrue to try to prop up his work ethic. That's not a huge problem when you're at a dinner party spouting your "I WORKED HARD FER WHAT I GOT" bootstraps rhetoric but it casts doubt on your credibility when you're still willing to do it under oath.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not responding would have sufficed to be honest. What are you gaining by randomly baiting people? Nothing even changed here
You didn't need to insert yourself either, but you still did.

What I'm saying. Thought they were being cute, then calls me a jerk when called out. Whole thing is odd.
If I was being cute, I would've put more effort into it and my response was equivalent to yours, and the others, in tone. We can take this to the other thread on the scope of the investigation if you'd like.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think him lying about his Yale connections is the least of our worries lol. We know he has lied multiple times.

This scumbag lies about stuff like meeting someone from the Mueller investigation and will likely lie about Trump to safeguard him.

Dems need to press harder and fight this tooth and nail.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
we all need to retweet that to the FBI, DOJ, Chris Wray, etc before it gets taken down!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I suppose all he has to do is make a call to the FBI to rescind it, but, still frakin hilarious especially if he doesn't.

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least he says it's not limited. I'll take that as BS for now. Reporters will continue to say it IS limited. Keep the pressure up. He felt the need to tweet because this is getting attention.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
...and that is among the reasons Mueller was investigating his Tweets about Sessions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/26/mueller-looking-at-trump-tweets-in-obstruction-probe-report.html
I mean yes...but that doesn't address the point that these aren't presidential orders. There was a big hub bub a while back with the DoD waiting for actual orders and not tweets.

Heck the other view in that tweet chain is that it wasn't even written by Trump.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
IDK about you, but the "Skis" are way more interesting than trying to GOTTEM over the fact that he has privilege in his life.

100%
Brew-skis. Agreed, he was doing everything he could to deceive the American public and senate committee that he couldn't have assaulted Ford because he isn't the guy in that scenario because that guy gets blackout drunk and he doesn't.

Last edited:

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: hostility
Things to turn up? Like what? We already know that there's a very narrow scope of the investigation. Have you been keeping up?

Are you prepared to be dragged if he is? You talked a big game, so I wonder if that put a dent in your optimism.

Shut the fuck up, honestly. I was referring to people shitposting with their pessimism, not just being pessimistic in general. Try to drag me and quote if you want if he's confirmed, but I never posted shit like "100% he is not going through, confirmed" or anything. You're attacking me for what exactly? Talk a big game? It sounds to me like I struck a nerve there buddy, you alright? Is your pathetic insecurity that you're projecting onto others actually not that stable when you apply even an atom of discretion to it? No, no... That can't be it.

People like you take the easy route. The route of defeatism. The route where you get to brag about being right but "whew thank the stars" if you're wrong. You know what that is? It's cowardice. You are a coward, period.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Squi is a good nickname all things aside

Manchin needs to make a play and vote down Kavanaugh. Really don't wanna hear about Moderate Dem politics in a red state and elections and all that shit...

Manchin is a vote to kill this. This is literally the last big win for the GOP if they get gutted in the midterms, thats why they're rushing this through so much..

Manchin needs to vote no, else he's fucking worthless when shit actually matters.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Manchin needs to make a play and vote down Kavanaugh. Really don't wanna hear about Moderate Dem politics in a red state and elections and all that shit...

Manchin is a vote to kill this. This is literally the last big win for the GOP if they get gutted in the midterms, thats why they're rushing this through so much..

Manchin needs to vote no, else he's fucking worthless when shit actually matters.

His no vote is essentially meaningless. 2 republicans must vote no. If they vote yes the dems want him to vote yes too.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the FBI investigation is bungled and he's seated, I hope the democrats have enough sense to start impeachment proceedings against this fuck. There's so much evidence that even in the best case scenario for him, he's still a belligerent drunk, habitual liar and partisan hack.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
That's not what a connection is. If my mom went to Red Lobster and I went there the week after, I don't have a connection at Red Lobster. If she went there, they liked her, and somehow remembered her, and I went and said "Hey my mom was here last week, remember her?" and they go "oh yeah she was lovely have this great seat" - THAT is a connection, because it has to do with the person at the institution.

I mean, dude is a slimeball, but it's a real reach to say you can call it perjury in what you're talking about - maybe he did, maybe they only got him in because of his Grandfather, but that's not inherently true just because he went there. It wouldn't surprise me if the school was partly aware of the connection, maybe even Brett's parents talked to them at some point, like they could've rolled out the red carpet and he just didn't even know they did any of that, it's still not perjury then. Do I think all of that is super likely? No, but the point is that it's not a talking point you can prove, and it dilutes the ACTUAL important stuff we should be worried about, with something flippant.

IDK about you, but the "Skis" are way more interesting than trying to GOTTEM over the fact that he has privilege in his life.

100%

On most college applications there is a spot specifically for listing legacy connections. I highly doubt Kavanaugh would have left that spot blank when filling out his application. It's not as if someone at the school would need to remember his grandfather specifically. They would have records of his attendance they could verify.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
this is it exactly and I just saw a great thread on it that literally amounts to "how dare you accuse Me"
it's been unrolled in the comments if your interested.

After reading this tweet thread look again at this Kavanaugh photo of him refusing to shake the hand of the father of a Parkland victim. Really look at it and realize its a man believing this person is acting above his station.

Eat the rich.

Last edited:

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shut the fuck up, honestly. I was referring to people shitposting with their pessimism, not just being pessimistic in general. Try to drag me and quote if you want if he's confirmed, but I never posted shit like "100% he is not going through, confirmed" or anything. You're attacking me for what exactly? Talk a big game? It sounds to me like I struck a nerve there buddy, you alright? Is your pathetic insecurity that you're projecting onto others actually not that stable when you apply even an atom of discretion to it? No, no... That can't be it.

People like you take the easy route. The route of defeatism. The route where you get to brag about being right but "whew thank the stars" if you're wrong. You know what that is? It's cowardice. You are a coward, period.
Sounds like that optimism of yours has a bit of a fragility issue if you're going to have that level of hostility.

Is this a threat?
Jesus dude, it's a discussion on a video game forum. Maybe tone it down a bit.
Maybe you should direct that to FunkyMonkey instead of me because it's actually a reference to his post from the other day. See below. However, I'm not the one telling someone to shut the fuck up or calling them pathetic, insecure, a coward, etc. and yet you want to tone police me? Really?

seriously people on this forum need to take a look at their pessimistic selves and reflect. I'm all ready to drag your asses if this nomination falls through because this shit is getting exhausting

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018

Manchin is not a vote to kill this. His vote is meaningless as if the Republicans decide to push it through there is NOTHING a Democrat can do.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Manchin is not a vote to kill this. His vote is meaningless as if the Republicans decide to push it through there is NOTHING a Democrat can do.
But it's safer to vote no in case you get a last minute change of heart from a wavering Republican that finds a conscience at the last minute. You saw Jeff Flake have a twinge of humanity on Friday. The same may happen again. It would be devastating if this nomination was confirmed because a demo didn't wanna lose votes in their own state.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
But it's safer to vote no in case you get a last minute change of heart from a wavering Republican that finds a conscience at the last minute. You saw Jeff Flake have a twinge of humanity on Friday. The same may happen again. It would be devastating if this nomination was confirmed because a demo didn't wanna lose votes in their own state.

There are strategic votes like this all the time. When the senate knows the Republicans have the votes for something the democrats meet and some of their members in red states then vote for the measure since it would be good optics for their less politically savvy constituents. If the Republicans didn't have the vote on that measure then those red state democrats would vote to block the measure.

Furthermore once you vote in the senate it's not final until the vote is closed, meaning people can and do change their votes depending on what they see from other members. Manchin can wait until the last second and change his vote dependant upon what Flake and Collins do.

Status
Not open for further replies.