• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
59-41

He's just going to veto it. Republicans know this. You need 67 to be veto-proof? So is this just another charade?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Names:

Craig Caplan

@CraigCaplan

59-41: Senate passes resolution to terminate President's border emergency declaration. 12 Republicans joined all Democrats in voting Yes. Now heads to President who plans to veto it.

Rs Yes:
Alexander
Blunt
Collins
Lee
Moran
Murkowski
Paul
Portman
Romney
Rubio
Toomey
Wicker

2:54 PM - Mar 14, 2019

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
If he vetos it, then he opens it up for the next Democratic President to declare a national emergency when needed.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Names:

Craig Caplan
@CraigCaplan

59-41: Senate passes resolution to terminate President's border emergency declaration. 12 Republicans joined all Democrats in voting Yes. Now heads to President who plans to veto it.

Rs Yes:
Alexander
Blunt
Collins
Lee
Moran
Murkowski
Paul
Portman
Romney
Rubio
Toomey
Wicker

2:54 PM - Mar 14, 2019

F U C K Rob Portman. I'll never understand how he and Brown both got elected in the same state.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
beautiful-ornament-letter-l-ornate-english-alphabets-grayscale-38518122.jpg

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
There's talk of limiting the president's power to declare emergencies, such as making them "expire" in 30 days if not extended by Congress.

Republicans will be 100% in favor of this...if a Democrat wins in 2020.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I hate Marco Rubio, but at least he was one of the Yes's. Can't say the same for our other senator Rick fucking Scott though.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
damn, so the senate would only need 8 more votes for veto override?

not sure its doable but its a lot closer than i thought it would be.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Pat Toomey actually showed up to vote? His days are numbered. Democrats ran a WEAK candidate in PA in 2016 and he just barely squeaked by.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
The GOP literally only cares about RIGHT NOW.

They're counting on being dead before any real consequences from their agenda take effect. See: everything they do

It's amazing to me just how incredibly short-sighted the Republican party is. Like, how can you succeed at anything if you're only concerned about what's happening in the next five minutes, and don't care about next year, or the year after?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
He isn't immedietly granted access to the money once he vetoes and the challenge to the veto fails, right? We aren't actually going to see the goddamn wall being built are we?

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He isn't immedietly granted access to the money once he vetoes and the challenge to the veto fails, right? We aren't actually going to see the goddamn wall being built are we?

To be perfectly honest, even if all the legal and legislative challenged fail, it's incredibly unlikely that Trump will actually use any funds to built his wall.

He has already been allocated billions of dollars for repair and new structure and hasn't used any of it.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to think if the GOP haven't devolved into complete caricatures of themselves that they would come out in even more force to override a veto just to reinforce their own ability to legislate. If they don't override the veto, they are essentially saying the President should write all the laws and there's no need for a Senate.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Quick: someone tell him that that tweet constitutes an actual veto and he doesn't have to go through anymore effort!
He most likely already believes that. I would bet that no one in the administration actually knows the procedure to veto so McConnell will have to come over and explain it to them.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing to me just how incredibly short-sighted the Republican party is. Like, how can you succeed at anything if you're only concerned about what's happening in the next five minutes, and don't care about next year, or the year after?
It got them two supreme court justices they wouldn't have had otherwise. Maybe it's time for the Democrats to throw caution to the wind and just go buck wild too.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does he actually veto it? It'd be cool if he had a big red stamp or had a ceremony where he ripped the bill up, but it's probably something lame like sending McConnell and Pelosi a letter.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed that *this* is the issue some in his party are suddenly ready to stop carrying water for Trump over.