• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
I'm amazed that *this* is the issue some in his party are suddenly ready to stop carrying water for Trump over.
Pretty decent chance the next president will be a democrat and if this somehow gets through the courts, it gives us a ton of power. Not power the president really should have, mind you.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed that *this* is the issue some in his party are suddenly ready to stop carrying water for Trump over.

This is such a non-emergency that they are fearful that an arguable real emergency would stand, such as Climate Change.
If this is upheld, then the next president could very arguably say that Climate Change is a threat to national security and safety, and declare one that would uphold in courts.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Frank Thorp V

@frankthorp

Sen @BenSasse, says of his NO vote on the resolution to terminate the emerg decl: "I think (the National Emergencies Act of 1967) is overly broad and I want to fix it, but at present Nancy Pelosi doesn't, so I am therefore voting against her politically motivated resolution."

3:32 PM - Mar 14, 2019

d1pjaj3x0aerloiexjec.jpg

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017
So this will basically open the floodgates on anything in the Constitution, anything is up for grabs at this point.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Frank Thorp V
@frankthorp

Sen @BenSasse, says of his NO vote on the resolution to terminate the emerg decl: "I think (the National Emergencies Act of 1967) is overly broad and I want to fix it, but at present Nancy Pelosi doesn't, so I am therefore voting against her politically motivated resolution."

d1pjaj3x0aerloiexjec.jpg

LOL, the GOP always trying to pull a fast one. Pelosi would have brought it up for a vote of it wasn't worded to only effect future declarations.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I thought the Senate couldn't vote on something that they knew Trump would Veto! /s

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
41 Republican Senators voted in favor of letting the President circumvent the constitution.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Frank Thorp V
@frankthorp

d1pjaj3x0aerloiexjec.jpg

In some ways, Ben Sasse really annoys me the most out of the crop of Republicans. At least the other tools don't try to hide behind some faux civil minded ideal when they're rubberstamping Trump's bullshit.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So Republicans aren't gonna say shit when the next Democratic President declares a National Emergency on Climate Change, Healthcare, and Guns, right? Right?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
So Republicans aren't gonna say shit when the next Democratic President declares a National Emergency on Climate Change, Healthcare, and Guns, right? Right?

If the Democrats really wanted to mess with them, Pelosi could vote to negate that emergency declaration, and then both the Republican Reps and Fox would suffer total moral confusion about whether to vote for/against the Democrat President or Democrat Congress.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017

Frank Thorp V
@frankthorp

d1pjaj3x0aerloiexjec.jpg

I don't know how he keeps doing it, but Ben Sasse keeps finding new ways to make his cowardice run even deeper. Fuck Ben Sasse.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Basically they will use this to get his way once he vetoes it, and they vote to close the loophole that allows this in future if democrats ever try to do something similar

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

They aren't.

They know hes going to veto it. 100% they know. This is them trying to look tough, to not be total pushovers, BUT, they're all cowards doing a bullshit vote that they know he will veto.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Basically they will use this to get his way once he vetoes it, and they vote to close the loophole that allows this in future if democrats ever try to do something similar

They were trying to get GOP Senators to vote against the House resolution with the promise of passing a bill that limits emergency powers going forward.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

Frank Thorp V

@frankthorp

d1pjaj3x0aerloiexjec.jpg

Oh fuck off, "we're gonna let this Emergency through but no more after that!" These people are fucking spineless weasels

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Oh fuck off, "we're gonna let this Emergency through but no more after that!" These people are fucking spineless weasels
Well, currently they don't have a choice, unless a new bill passes, which is unlikely due to the Dems holding the house.

Next Dem President - Hold my beer :)