• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Top story on FOXNews is Dianne Feinstein sold off her stocks, too.
Is this verified in any way? Because if so, she needs to be added to the thread title. I don't care which party - this is some massively crooked shit.

Not only are all of these people lying to their constituents, they're lying and then committing inside trader. Fuck 'em all.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Is this verified in any way? Because if so, she needs to be added to the thread title. I don't care which party - this is some massively crooked shit.

Not only are all of these people lying to their constituents, they're lying and then committing inside trader. Fuck 'em all.

It looks like they sold stock after it had already been dropping, and it's a biotech company, so it's only gone up since the crisis. More looking into is needed, but it looks like Republicans grasping at at "see, they do it to" branch.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like people are jumping the gun on Feinstein and possibly Johnson, which I'm predicting the right will use to muddy the waters on Burr and Loeffler.
Called it. I was watching in real time as many Progressives (eager to attack Democrats) signal boosted Feinstein's name without waiting for verification of what she sold and when. It was a mistake, and now Fox has their angle of spin.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
twitter.com

Richard Burr on Twitter

“My statement in response to reports about recent financial disclosures:”

KeekiL7.png

Yeah I believe none of this.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
The GOP as a whole is unsubtly corrupt. But as a North Carolinian, let me tell you: Richard Burr is such a dumb motherfucker that he can't even handle the almost non-existent level of subtle corruption that the contemporary GOP is operating at.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Selling stocks at all isn't the problem. It's not illegal to sell your stocks.
It's insider trading that's illegal, which the sales by Burr and Loeffler seem to be a textbook case of. The other names not particularly, people are just grabbing anyone who sold any amount of stock there.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
The GOP as a whole is unsubtly corrupt. But as a North Carolinian, let me tell you: Richard Burr is such a dumb motherfucker that he can't even handle the almost non-existent level of subtle corruption that the contemporary GOP is operating at.
How dumb do you have to be to not have a buddy you fully trust to do this type of shit using your money in their account? I'm sure that's what every other GOP senator did after that meeting.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. As a manager at a very large consulting firm I'm not allowed (nor is my wife) to have someone make investments on my behalf without me first approving them because I have to worry about a thousand miles of compliance and relationship checks. No way a senator doesn't have even more stringent checks.
I'm the same. I wasn't even allowed to keep my Coinbase account.

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Selling stocks at all isn't the problem. It's not illegal to sell your stocks.
It's insider trading that's illegal, which the sales by Burr and Loeffler seem to be a textbook case of. The other names not particularly, people are just grabbing anyone who sold any amount of stock there.
Didn't I say insider trading was the problem? It's right in one of my sentences. Obviously selling stock is legal if you do it legally - why wouldn't I know that?

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
People like Feinstein are the reason Bernie won California. No great loss if she has to resign.
I don't know about that. Wasn't it known for a while that she's been doing shady shit? For some reason, my state KEEPS ON ELECTING HER. So many people are scared of anything but the status quo. Even if that person in charge is corrupt, "HERPA DERP, at least they are comfortable and nothing really changes!"

Those types of people, that just want no big changes, just want the familiar, the comfortable and don't' want the boat to be rocked, even if rocking that boat is the way to get something BETTER... those people are the WORST!

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is going on with Tucker Carlson lately? He hasn't been a COMPLETE asshat about coronavirus-related things lately.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is going on with Tucker Carlson lately? He hasn't been a COMPLETE asshat about coronavirus-related things lately.

My best guess is to distract from Trump's coronavirus response failures by trying to divert anger toward anyone else, even if it's GOP.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017

Tucker at times is able to identify real problems but the causes and solutions to those problems tend to be warped in his ideological bullshit.

For instance, he can observe that a lot of white men tend to have rage issues. But he blames that on the fact that not enough women are staying home, giving up on careers and pumping out babies.

So don't look at him so much as "worst person you know makes good point" as opposed to "how is he going to warp this point to go totally batshit?"

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Tucker at times is able to identify real problems but the causes and solutions to those problems tend to be warped in his ideological bullshit.

For instance, he can observe that a lot of white men tend to have rage issues. But he blames that on the fact that not enough women are staying home, giving up on careers and pumping out babies.

So don't look at him so much as "worst person you know makes good point" as opposed to "how is he going to warp this point to go totally batshit?"

This, in my opinion, is even more damning haha.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The devil you know...

Having FOX call for his resignation is a huge thing.

Maybe even the conservatives have a limit to self-benefiting during a global pandemic while the rest suffer.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The devil you know...

Having FOX call for his resignation is a huge thing.

Maybe even the conservatives have a limit to self-benefiting during a global pandemic while the rest suffer.

I'm not cynical but it wouldn't be outlandish to think he'd

1. made an enemy or been abandoned by the White house possibly for something unrelated
2. Pissed off someone at Fox
3. Fox getting out ahead of a larger scandal

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Tea Party/Trumper types want Burr/Loeffler gone so they can replace them with toadies more in line with what they want. Loeffler's in a primary, and Burr apparently pissed them off re: Russia.