• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He sums up the ridiculous BS of people covering up for Trump perfectly. It gets pretty emotional. She looks like doesn't want to be there.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
"Good white people"

Yeah he running for POTUS

Edit: Finished the video. He brought that fire and has some great oration but he rushes a little too much. Is there a time limit for questioning? Also, as bad as I knew the far right terrorism had become, I didn't know that 73% stat. Probably because they hide them so often like that recent case.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hell of a speech. It's how we should respond to bigotry, and those complicit in it, with impassioned, eloquent anger.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Brooker lit it up! Captures some of the thoughts and frustrations that are out there so well.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of Cory Booker every time someone links a video of him speaking. That was some powerful stuff.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
He's right.

And this woman has the nerve to roll her eyes when he stops her from interrupting.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I think its the delivery. Which whatever, it's not like I'm gonna disagree with the substance of what he's saying. It strikes me like he's trying to make a viral clip. Like those weird pauses he takes in the beginning to make the last thing he said sound like the most important thing ever said, and it even had that crescendo where he starts relatively calm and escalates into outrage. The look she gives at 4:37 is basically my reaction. Like a little bit of "get a load of this guy".

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I think its the delivery. Which whatever, it's not like I'm gonna disagree with the substance of what he's saying. It strikes me like he's trying to make a viral clip. Like those weird pauses he takes in the beginning to make the last thing he said sound like the most important thing ever said, and it even had that crescendo where he starts relatively calm and escalates into outrage. The look she gives at 4:37 is basically my reaction. Like a little bit of "get a load of this guy".

Or....maybe he was choosing his words wisely and trying to emphasize his words to make a point.

Or fake if u think so

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Speaks volumes about your character that your reaction to his words is the same as a woman who actively encourages white supremacy with this "oh gee I don't remember" bullshit.

No shit he knows people are watching. The world is watching. It would do our president wonders to remember that too.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She was looking at the head of the committee for a life line cause her soul was being yanked out.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

He was definitely grandstanding, but that's absolutely nothing unusual about these kinds of things. Congresspeople always use the attention that comes from these kinds of appearances to show off for their base and others. People don't usually watch how the sausage is made so they kind of have to. You gotta look past the fact that he's doing it and focus on what he's saying.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
He was definitely grandstanding, but that's absolutely nothing unusual about these kinds of things. Congresspeople always use the attention that comes from these kinds of appearances to show off for their base and others. People don't usually watch how the sausage is made so they kind of have to. You gotta look past the fact that he's doing it and focus on what he's saying.

There's a middle ground though. You can be passionate without faux outrage. I don't doubt he believes his own message.

Smitington

Oct 27, 2017
Denver

Who cares if he is grandstanding, making viral clips, or looking to get credit? He's calling Trump a racist, which he is. He has my vote and my donation.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't want to be played. It's obvious he's running which is why I don't care for this show. I can't disagree with the substance of what he's saying (how am I supposed to disagree with any criticism of Trump), but I think we shouldn't be too swept up in the hype he's clearly trying to generate.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get the impression that he was faking it or grandstanding in the slightest. It's a very personal issue for him obviously and I imagine it would be very easy to get emotional when being faced with a white lady in charge of the DHS acting like she didn't remember what the president said in an attempt to defend him.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't want to be played. It's obvious he's running which is why I don't care for this show. I can't disagree with the substance of what he's saying (how am I supposed to disagree with any criticism of Trump), but I think we shouldn't be too swept up in the hype he's clearly trying to generate.

you're literally dismissing a politician's words because they might be running for an office, aka for being a politician. i'm assuming you don't take any politician's words for what they are? you know since they may be using sound bites for an election?

total nonsense

topic:

N7rYFmn.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not at all shocked cats on here calling Booker fake but still really rubs me the wrong way.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
That's the appropriate level of rage that reasonable people should display when addressing this administration, so I give Booker a ton of leeway in the delivery.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy

Some people don't like it when others have professional training and education. He's a political figure who has taken oration and public speaking classes. He's poised properly dramatic and has a practiced cadence. He's good, so some people are naturally just going to be offended that he's being "elite" and "condescending."

Usually the same people are more attracted to boisterous, undisciplined rants because it feels more "human" - i.e stream of consciousness, which anyone without training can do.

Corey's liberal politics game is on point.
He'll go far, if he can walk the humble line long enough

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some people don't like it when others have professional training and education. He's a political figure who has taken oration and public speaking classes. He's poised properly dramatic and has a practiced cadence. He's good, so some people are naturally just going to be offended that he's being "elite" and "condescending."

Usually the same people are more attracted to boisterous, undisciplined rants because it feels more "human" - i.e stream of consciousness, which anyone without training can do.

"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Cory Booker."

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"Good white people"

Yeah he running for POTUS

Edit: Finished the video. He brought that fire and has some great oration but he rushes a little too much. Is there a time limit for questioning? Also, as bad as I knew the far right terrorism had become, I didn't know that 73% stat. Probably because they hide them so often like that recent case.

I wish we would stop doing this for every woman or minority that gives a good speech.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a middle ground though. You can be passionate without faux outrage. I don't doubt he believes his own message.

If you can believe he believes his own message, I don't understand why you can believe he would be faking his anger, especially after citing the personal anecdote and death threats he receives.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
He comes off as really insincere. I'm not even saying he is putting on an act but if he is sincere, man, there is just something wrong with his delivery.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
For sure. I'm not from his state so I don't see everything he does, but I never really understood the people that dismiss him so easily.
I've never seen him before either and don't know nothing about him so fair enough if you guys know more about him. But for me he is speaking about things that need to be said, especially directly to those who would make excuses or stand by for na administration that seems to go out of it's way to lower the bar.

DoggosPuppersWoofers

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Smack dab on. Holy shit.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
A white woman rolls her eyes at a black senator for refusing to be interrupted by her, and the bulk of the criticism is on the black senator for simply being erudite.

Fuck me.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017

Well said. Plus the bar has been dropped so low now that I fear anyone with some sense of public speaking would be seen as fake and elitist.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I completely agree with what he said but this is so fucking performative lmfao. Holy shit people DO NOT LET BOOKER RUN.