• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if people have different expectations of Democratic and Republican senators. Weird.

Did you watch the unedited clip or are you too hot to press play yet? My point has fuck all to do with who's more evil or old or bad with kids and about how we waste media, news and social attention on trashfires and drama while cadaverous vampires suck the entire thing dry.

Also are you two doing a bit?

ycw29Wz.gif

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you watch the unedited clip or are you too hot to press play yet? My point has fuck all to do with who's more evil or old or bad with kids and about how we waste media, news and social attention on trashfires and drama while cadaverous vampires suck the entire thing dry.

The clip someone just posted? I watched it. Doesn't change a thing about what she said in the OP.

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Democrats getting off easy on coverage just because their shitty form of slight right centrism was the lesser and more polite of two evils is exactly how we got in to this mess.

We don't give them a pass anymore. We need to hold everyone to a higher standard.

Oct 27, 2017
Feinstein's decrepit ass will be dead in 12 years so of course she couldn't give two shits about it. I don't understand how anyone is able to take her side or defend her here.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Watch Senator Feinstein spill the tea with her epic clap back to entitled millennials who are killing the fossil fuel industry

Oct 31, 2017
Feinstein is just speaking what most democrats are thinking btw. Unless you are hard left, you are not gonna vote yes for this. That's why McConnell wanted to bring it to a vote in the Senate.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
John Cornyns staff was more polite to me when I went to speak on behalf of immigrants and refugees. Think about that...

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I assume you've watched it all - what else does she do that makes what she says in the OP not a problem? Because that one someone posted of her handing out some paper and offering a kid an internship doesn't change anything.
How about you just inform yourself by watching the whole thing instead of having an uninformed hot take that shows you're gullible to fake news.

Deleted member 13364

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started watching the full video - first thing she's talking about is "we have our own green new deal because we don't have the money to pay for this one". lol I'm out. Guys please do better than deflecting by saying "well actually you need to watch the whole thing".

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the whole thing doesn't change my opinion at all on this. "We can't pay for this"

Miss me with your bullshit.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats getting off easy on coverage just because their shitty form of slight right centrism was the lesser and more polite of two evils is exactly how we got in to this mess.

We don't give them a pass anymore. We need to hold everyone to a higher standard.

I'm not giving anyone a pass. I watched the entire video. It's nada. I don't really like Pelosi either. Further treating these ends of a spectrum as equally problematic and wasting time on this shit is pointless and self defeating. Also plays into the plain as day strategy of dividing people and groups. I'm serious about that. It's highly energetic already. I'm not biting.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about you just inform yourself by watching the whole thing instead of having an uninformed hot take that shows you're gullible to fake news.

It feels like you'd have an answer to his question if the full video included a part that shows she actually did not say the words she said in the edited clip. Is it someone else disguised as Dianne Feinstein?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like you'd have an answer to his question if the full video included a part that shows she actually did not say the words she said in the edited clip. Is it someone else disguised as Dianne Feinstein?

Context, how does it work? Taken out of context, it looks like a shitty reply. Taken within the full context, it's not the terrible reply people think it is.

Deleted member 13364

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
powerful women gotta be dragged down at all costs though
lol using accusations of sexism as a deflection is so fucking gross. You think the reaction would be any different if a male senator had said exactly what she did? Or maybe you think the kids are the sexists for confronting a woman instead of a man? WHY DIDNT THESE MISOGYNIST FUCK KIDS FLY TO NEW YORK TO INTERROGATE CHUCK SCHUMER?

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
Started watching the unedited video and the first thing she does is defend the military budget and say we can't pay for it, lol and somehow this is supposed to show her in a better light? She is a scam

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not giving anyone a pass. I watched the entire video. It's nada. I don't really like Pelosi either. Further treating these ends of a spectrum as equally problematic and wasting time on this shit is pointless and self defeating. Also plays into the plain as day strategy of dividing people and groups. I'm serious about that. It's highly energetic already. I'm not biting.

Who's treating them equally? They're not equally problematic, but they are both problematic. And ignoring someone being problematic just for "unity" is what got us to this point.

If folks want unity then unite behind popular proposals that are good for the majority of the country like Medicare for all, publicly funded higher education, taxing the rich, and yes the green new deal.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seven pages of allegedly aligned people fighting over nothing at all and trolls literally posting the same Feinstein scandal that got dredged up to make people fight each other last time.

She's a powerful egotistical elderly member of the political establishment. Her value is to use rules and relationships on behalf of the democratic party and its voters. She was fairly elected by a majority of people who've been quite familiar with her lack of gentleness. Letting intellectually dishonest people turn it into something it isn't is on you.

She's not a nice person, she's probably mean as a fucking bat. But not in this video and you're getting played. Next step is to move the goalposts to some more reasonable problem you can have with her. Or a historical problem. It another target.

Go nuts, but remember that people are trying to make you do that and trying to get you riled up about everything except the very real and imminent problems and dangers.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I mean at the end of the day she's voting no on the Green New Deal and imma take a wild guess and say the bill she's handing out is nowhere near as impactful.

She's a senator from fucking San Francisco for Christ sake.
She's going to vote "present" on the resolution that will soon be introduced in the Senate because it's a sham vote by Mitch McConnell.

When we have control and have an actual bill(s), Feinstein will vote for them. She may not be perfect - holy hell she's not - but she has never been the impediment to actually getting something passed. Look to WV for that.

Deleted member 13364

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seven pages of allegedly aligned people fighting over nothing at all and trolls literally posting the same Feinstein scandal that got dredged up to make people fight each other last time.

She's a powerful egotistical elderly member of the political establishment. Her value is to use rules and relationships on behalf of the democratic party and its voters. She was fairly elected by a majority of people who've been quite familiar with her lack of gentleness. Letting intellectually dishonest people turn it into something it isn't is on you.

She's not a nice person, she's probably mean as a fucking bat. But not in this video and you're getting played. Next step is to move the goalposts to some more reasonable problem you can have with her. Or a historical problem. It another target.

Go nuts, but remember that people are trying to make you do that and trying to get you riled up about everything except the very real and imminent problems and dangers.
Is Russia doing this?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ycw29Wz.gif
For real, like enough with the fucking dancing and the pity party. We're two decades at MOST from ECOLOGICAL COLLAPSE. At BEST if we go carbon neutral today, only like 30 million people will be displaced and or die. Instead of several billion if not the species.

intheflorsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Feinstein does end up voting yes on the GND (which I hope we can all agree would be an unequivocally positive thing), it's going to be because of the attention this clip got.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
She's going to vote "present" on the resolution that will soon be introduced in the Senate because it's a sham vote by Mitch McConnell.

When we have control and have an actual bill(s), Feinstein will vote for them. She may not be perfect - holy hell she's not - but she has never been the impediment to actually getting something passed. Look to WV for that.
I mean she is very clearly against the GND.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA

Like climate change?