• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Right after they came back from Moscow? Not even trying to hide that shit. "Hey guys, help us with Mid terms and we will lift those pesky sanctions."

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck getting 60 votes - or, hell, even a bare majority in the House - to repeal the Magnitsky Act, last year's sanctions, and sanctions included in the omnibus bill back in March.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
woZL9TO.gif

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next Democratic DOJ needs to go on and prosecute every one of these fucks. Don't care how much they have to dig to find something.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck getting 60 votes - or, hell, even a bare majority in the House - to repeal the Magnitsky Act, last year's sanctions, and sanctions included in the omnibus bill back in March.
Budget reconciliation* is a hell of a drug.
"please save our majority daddy pootpoot!"

*im not actually sure they can do it with reconciliation but it won't stop them from trying

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
There was never a real expectation that Russia would suddenly cave and give Crimea back, but considering its attacks against Western democracies since then, it seems super shady to ease the pressure off them, and in fact help them economically by hoping to increase business between the US and Russia.
"Well done, Putin, undermining Western liberal order, here have a present!"

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect dropping the trade war with multiple nations and alliances would probably have more positive effects for the American economy than just dealing with Russia, but hey, what do I know...

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
We're going to need to reanimate McCarthy's dead corpse with necromancy to deal with the republican party at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, remember, we shouldn't be labelling them as treasonous just because they had closed door meetings in Russia over July 4, where no Democrats were invited and no information over what was said has been discussed.... Just because these same senators are immediately calling for the removal of Russian sanctions is just coincidence and shouldn't be considered shady at all.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right after they came back from Moscow? Not even trying to hide that shit. "Hey guys, help us with Mid terms and we will lift those pesky sanctions."
Yeah what are the odds of that. Go to a meeting in Russia that the opposing party wasn't invited to. And wouldn't you know it: he wants to remove sanctions on that same country. Are they for real. Sometimes I really wonder.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah what are the odds of that. Go to a meeting in Russia that the opposing party wasn't invited to. And wouldn't you know it: he wants to remove sanctions on that same country. Are they for real. Sometimes I really wonder.
You would think they would be a little more subtle but nope.

Immediately blurts it out.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Gee I wonder why they're trying so hard to trade with Russia and only Russia's trade partners. After quietly visiting Russia behind closed doors. What a Scooby Doo Jr mystery we have here gang, beats me.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

Fox and right wing talk radio are amazing in that regard. In just a decade or so of being anti-critical thinking, they've decimated enough of American common sense that this stuff doesn't even have to be hidden, because millions of Americans don't care. Their hate and fear of Democrats and minorities is enough to make them apathetic to anything that doesn't relate to the "threat to American way of life; equal rights for people that aren't white."

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta make sure that RNC kompramat dont get out., Would be a shame if it did. Fuck America, amirite

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow how convenient this comes after he was in moscow.

Just put the entire GOP in prison for the rest of their lives at this point.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
El Oh Fucking El.

They've given up all pretences at this point, they're all in. I wonder what Putin offered them personally to make them go for this. If the US government approved scrapping the sanctions, it will weaken their stature around the world massively, it would show that going by the rules puts you in a worse off position (See Iran deal) and that directly threatening them and undermining them works a lot more in getting what you want.

Great negociation skills there guys.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Prioritising trade with Russia over established relationships with neighbors and some of the world's biggest economies is like trading in an Aston Martin for some old beater.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually insane how blatant this is and yet it's still like there's nothing we can do

Voting them out even if we do isn't enough. These people need to be charged

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Am I wrong in reading this? Is he saying to lift sanctions because they aren't working? Shouldn't they impose tougher sanctions in that case?

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
or why not try more sanctions if they're not working?

They aren't even enforcing the last batch, this is just outright treason as it's not just sanctions they want "lifted" its legitimizing the annexation of Crimea And giving a pass to not just illegal war but assassinations and they continued cyber attacks in the us and the destabilization of our democracy by tampering with our elections, this is as much much worse that sanctions.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
LOL aren't sanctions not working because Trump refused to enact them?

WTF does Russia have on these assholes?

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
"After my closed door meetings with Putin and his associates, the details of which I will not discuss or reveal, I think it's time to lift the sanctions we've unfairly imposed on him and his country.

For the American people.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some unrelated investment matters to attend to."

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
LoL! Could you imagine if Obama and the Democrats pulled this shit back in 2010?

Also, wtf happened to Russia being the "evil empire"? St. Reagan is rolling in his grave.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

^^^^

We don't know how, we don't know what, but for this guy and the Alabama one, SOMETHING got them. Something big. They talk EXACTLY like 5 Star, FPÖ, and The Dotard with this resigned fascination and benevolence seemingly-unsolicited by prefferable Russian actions...

or why not try more sanctions if they're not working?

Funny thing is, the Senate passed two of these this term already (one by itself and one as an addendum to a spending bill).

So what's got RON JON here changing his mind sooooooooooo quickly and sooooooooooo completely after beautiful MOSKVA.