• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
OaBPpAP.png

That's quite a lot.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
This is the future of videogames.

In general I buy virtually no DLC or microtransactions for 90% of the games I play, so I really don't care. I feel for those who spend their wallets.

Nov 1, 2017
Some of us said crazy stuff could happen when horse armor happened but they said no it wouldn't get crazy.

Oh it got crazy.

It got damn crazy.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
The games are all like this. The vast majority of it is cosmetic DLC which you can ignore, I never buy any of it. I only buy the new characters, if I like them.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a non-issue to me. I mean, this DLC seems mostly cosmetic and I'm sure it doesn't affect the value of the product itself negatively.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't be able to get sticker shock by adding the numbers up if cosmetic dlc were distributed in some randomized fashion.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
If this is a non issue then so are loot boxes.
Those are not the same. DLC, while frequently an anti-consumer method of extracting more cash for content (that should already be in the game), lootboxes don't even give you the privilege of getting what you want, but merely the chance. It's gambling. DLC is not gambling.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
It's a japanese game catering to otakus. That's all you need to know.

This market has a lot of disposable income if most of these guys are in IT.

Met a guy at an IT work convention and saw his Gundam keyring. I came up and talked about how I grew up with anime in the 90s and loved Gundam Wings to build rapport with him.
He introduced himself as an engineer specialized in network clustering.
Dude then showed me his anime figurines and his Gundam models from his cellphone.
Asked how much did each one of them cost. He said on an average of $200 each...the picture was only his "game room" and he got more in the boxes. Probably like over 100+ on that one wall.

He then said he wanted to buy a new house next year because he wanted to build an arcade and movie room.
I was like WTF, I am in the wrong field of IT.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Those are not the same. DLC, while frequently an anti-consumer method of extracting more cash for content (that should already be in the game), lootboxes don't even give you the privilege of getting what you want, but merely the chance. It's gambling. DLC is not gambling.

I'd rather free chances at getting items versus hundreds or thousands of dollars of extra crap.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Is this the titty game?

Gotta dress your waifus up to your specific tastes. Probably a pretty easily exploited niche.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer expansions in the traditional sense, but as long as all this DLC doesn't prevent you from enjoying a reasonably sized major chunk of gameplay nor does it lock the door or gate to any significant game content...let it exist.

Oct 27, 2017
This is good.

Would you rather this kind of content be locked to randomized loot box purchases?

If a company wants to make hundreds of dollars of DLC and sell them seperately, who gives a crap? This is the preferred method over lootboxes.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
These are costumes. The only exception being taunts ( same as buying emotes ) and the Neptunia pack that adds an extra character. The Awakened character pack i think gives you a variant of a couple of characters, essentially an "evil ryu" version of a couple of characters.

Since this is a game that already gives you literally hundreds of costumes and customization options and has literally dozens of characters, i think this is quite fine. Also, Peach Beach Splash is a legit good game. It is absolutely caked in Over the top fanservice, make no mistake about it. But it is a well made, good game.

Hell, the game has a card pack system for leveling and power up and yet the DLC does not sell you those, That's entirely in-game. That alone already makes this quite fine.

I know, i know "DLC is the devil" and all that. i too hate Lootboxes... but let's try to focus the criticism to where it is an actual problem.