• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The digital numbers for Destiny 2 must be bonkers for it to beat the first game with how down retail was.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aqua!! Welcome back!

Edit: we'll soon have a best off of sales Gaf, ResetEra is having a great start hehe.

About the month, I think it's been a win for (almost) everybody.

Good to see D2 doing good. (hopefully will do really good on PC too) and the digital sales will obviously become more and more important to the big picture here.

Curious in particular about the GTS ratio (D2 even moreso but I guess we won't have data).

November is going to be packed with news... :)

Last edited:

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Hey thanks!

I have COD:WWII, Battlefront II, NBA 2K18, Odyssey at 1 through 4... and then I get a little more uncertain. Currently I'm going with AC:O, but not very confident.

Yeah it is right, NPD are going to count Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon separately.
With the raise of the number of SKUs per game ( Gold Edition, Premium Edition etc), do you think that this is still the best way to represent Pokemon sales ?

Oct 25, 2017
M+R has to be doing big numbers for a title of that genre. That's fifth without including digital sales, IIRC, since digital isn't counted in any of those Nintendo games. It's going to be a million seller for sure and might even sell a couple million copies.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't see assassins creed doing all that well. Gonna under perform like watch dogs 2.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I hope the Samus Returns digital sales are high :P I need a Switch 2D game! Judging by other games, Samus Returns would have sold a ton on Switch. I hope Nintendo sees that.

OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Great to see the sales community back together again.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Samus Returns digital sales are high :P I need a Switch 2D game! Judging by other games, Samus Returns would have sold a ton on Switch. I hope Nintendo sees that.

I think that I did really good. According to Nintendo's PR it(#8) did better than Zelda(#10) and Mario Kart (#11) but a little less than M+R (#7). I think that it is relatively safe to say that it sold more than 200k copies.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just dumb but could someone interpret this for me?

Sony's PlayStation 4 led all hardware platforms in consumer spend during September 2017, while Nintendo Switch sold the most units amongst the current generation consoles.

PS4 base unit is the same price as the Switch, so I guess this has to mean that PS4 Pro sales were enough to make up for the smaller number of units the PS4 (base+pro) moved?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mat, Great to see you here. My username is different but I'm Obliterator from GAF. Nice to see you made the jump over with us

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Seeing ZhugeEX posting the NPD thread is a sight for sore eyes. Nice to have you back.

Ohh snap and Mat is back as well.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested in seeing hard digital sales numbers for Destiny 2. Most people I play it with are digital.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested in seeing hard digital sales numbers for Destiny 2. Most people I play it with are digital.

Given how far down it was at retail, and yet still made more revenue than Destiny 1 pretty much assures a gigantic performance digitally.

No doubt D2 also has a higher ASP than D1 but regardless its digital split is very strong

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I think the hiatus after Syndicate helped to build a bigger hype around Origins. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe people are more interested in Origins.
Do you think it'll sell more than Odyssey in 2017?
I personally don't know how much of a decline AC is in, so not sure if that's a bad question.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great performance by Mario+Rabbids, and I guess its a safe bet its going to sell fine for at least a few months more, probably years.

Status
Not open for further replies.