• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

May 31, 2018
To avoid further arguments in the main Nintendo Direct thread I thought it would be a good idea to reboot this as the situation now where a thread was locked for no genuine reason is clearly harming what should be a somber thread focused on the tragedy that occurred yesterday in Japan. Nowhere in the FAQ does it say "if a Moderator does not agree with a thread it will be locked" so I see no reason this thread should be locked as well. If this thread gets locked I will simply reboot it until either I get Juniored, banned, or one of these stays open.

Essentially, what this thread is for is spoiler-free discussion on the upcoming Nintendo Direct that will, supposedly, be airing sometime next week. If you wish to stay unspoiled in regards to the leaks that will inevitably happen then feel free to bookmark/watch this thread so, when it airs, we can react together without the fear of leaks ruining the fun. It is the equivalent to the yearly E3 Archive and Spoilerthread.

Closer to the Direct's airing I will be linking the various streams here.

Llazy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here we go, lets stay spoiler free bois, its going to be a long weekend

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
If this thread gets locked I will simply reboot it until either I get Juniored, banned, or one of these stays open.

A true hero
2f0.gif

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
So what about the announcements that were supposed to happen on the Direct but because of schedules will now be announced separately?

For example the Pomemon announcement will probably happen this Saturday now.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
If most users think this thread is fine but a moderator thinks it's not then we can all agree who is wrong here.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Can we get an explanation why these threads keep getting locked? They were fine when it was E3 time, and now there's even more reason to expect leaks what with the delayed direct and the subsequent shifting of deadlines and such.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Can we get an explanation why these threads keep getting locked? They were fine when it was E3 time, and now there's even more reason to expect leaks what with the delayed direct and the subsequent shifting of deadlines and such.
beef said he doesn't like this thread, that's why.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it'd be nice if we could get transparency for once in this forum tho
there's literally 0 reason why there can't be a thread like this if it's allowed for press conferences and E3
Basically this. The unique situation for this Direct makes it even more ok for me personally. In the end I won't be using it though.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
it'd be nice if we could get transparency for once in this forum tho
there's literally 0 reason why there can't be a thread like this if it's allowed for press conferences and E3

I think those are silly too, but since they were allowed I agree that a statement would be good

continuously creating threads after they get locked is not the way to do it though

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why ERA moderation can't be more transparent unless there's legitimately no reason actions were taken.

Let people speculate without leaks or with leaks, let them choose.

What's the harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.