• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kenny you can't call him "Cody Rhodes"

Also lol at throwing Cody into the Kenny/Kota feud

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they don't do a major match at freaking Madison Square Garden then they're never doing a major match in the US.

If they do a major match, it's probably Tanahashi/Okada because they've already done it a dozen times in Japan so they aren't giving away a big match for their market.

They aren't doing the third-ever Ibushi/Omega match in the US.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As a side note, I cannot possibly believe anyone could still think there's a chance any of these guys go to WWE right?

Like they could not possibly make it any clearer without outright just saying it.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
If they do a major match, it's probably Tanahashi/Okada because they've already done it a dozen times in Japan so they aren't giving away a big match for their market.

They aren't doing the third-ever Ibushi/Omega match in the US.
Yup. I do understand why people want to see a major card though. WWE is likely going to heavily stack the NXT Takeover card to compete with the G1 Special, and unless the G1 Special has some major must see matches on it, they'll likely have a very bad time. And since the show is likely being booked by Delirious, I wouldn't rule that out.

As a side note, I cannot possibly believe anyone could still think there's a chance any of these guys go to WWE right?

Like they could not possibly make it any clearer without outright just saying it.
Yup. I never really thought they were going in the first place. In terms of employment, the only people whose status may be questionable after tonight are Kairi and Io's. Especially since Kairi tweeted out a picture of her backstage with Juice Robinson, and then very quickly deleted it (I doubt she would do that if she had permission from the WWE to be there). But some girl on twitter caught the tweet/picture before it was deleted and is spreading it around online in hopes of getting both of them (Kairi and Io) fired.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
there is no competing with the G1 special, it's already sold out

Not like they're gonna steal away PPV buys with their network subs

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

seeing as you've posted that they're going over and over and over and over all year I guess that's up to you to answer hmm

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
lol what?

I've pretty consistently said since Kenny won the title that I didn't think any of them were leaving.
tenor.gif

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking WWE will care about two of their top NXT talents getting caught on camera at a show just because they fired some jobber tag team a decade ago

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
I think that in their heart of hearts, Omega, Cody and the Bucks plan on staying put, but at the same time they'll probably at least have a meeting with Vince just to see how high WWE is willing to go. And with all that Fox and Saudi money, who knows how far Vince is willing to go to make that MSG show a dud.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if Salina de la Renta looking so bored ringside is part of her character or not.
They are going with a serious executive woman who is observing her talent gimmick. They even use the "Presented by..." to introduce her clients. Like if she was Pepsi or something.

She kind of reminds me of Woman(Nancy Sullivan/Benoit) too.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think that in their heart of hearts, Omega, Cody and the Bucks plan on staying put, but at the same time they'll probably at least have a meeting with Vince just to see how high WWE is willing to go. And with all that Fox and Saudi money, who knows how far Vince is willing to go to make that MSG show a dud.

I think the only reason they haven't just come out and said anything definitive is that they want to play both sides for leverage. They know what they are going to do, but they still want to get the most out of it.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are going with a serious executive woman who is observing her talent gimmick. They even use the "Presented by..." to introduce her clients. Like if she was Pepsi or something.

She kind of reminds me of Woman(Nancy Sullivan/Benoit) too.
There's that, and there's having no reactions and looking bored when the camera isn't focusing on her.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Imagine thinking WWE will care about two of their top NXT talents getting caught on camera at a show just because they fired some jobber tag team a decade ago
I want you to sit down and look at that statement carefully. And think about who runs WWE (hint: an insane old man). If NJPW is a threat to WWE (or WWE perceives it as such), they'll get angry over it and either bury Kairi and Io or fire them. The only reason I am still wary on the entire thing is because Kairi just tweeted out the picture of hanging out with Juice Robinson backstage. She doesn't seem like the type of person who would tweet that out without permission.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's that, and there's having no reactions and looking bored when the camera isn't focusing on her.
There is a severe low rent quality to MLW, and the production tends to fail the talent, but I appreciate the effort. I just they'd cut down on the overproducing. I mentioned it before, but that brawl with Sami looked so corny, and not the gritty fight they wanted it to look like.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I want you to sit down and look at that statement carefully. And think about who runs WWE (hint: an insane old man). If NJPW is a threat to WWE (or WWE perceives it as such), they'll get angry over it and either bury Kairi and Io or fire them. The only reason I am still wary on the entire thing is because Kairi just tweeted out the picture of hanging out with Juice Robinson backstage. She doesn't seem like the type of person who would tweet that out without permission.

Yeah I remember when they fired Paige for showing up front row of a TNA PPV in a mask

I wonder where she's at now

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
God you're so strange sometimes! She probably realized "oh wait, that's a picture with Juice" and wanted to delete it on principle.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what these are supposed to point to. They just take me to random pages. lol
hm they should lead to posts

"I think they're just trying to keep their brand valuable and use the threat of WWE to negotiate pay, but it's funny in Omega's case because the uncertainty may be keeping them from giving him the heavyweight title

Bucks have said before that they think NXT is good because it helps them get more money from their contracts"

"Bucks and Omega don't have contracts renewed yet why would they be advertised

They do this shit every time to negotiate and get the most money they can with a fuckton of leverage

They could go but it's nothing new"

you've posted all year constantly about "life-changing money" you don't get to be on the right side of history now, this is a place for winners who are correct!

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
God you're so strange sometimes! She probably realized "oh wait, that's a picture with Juice" and wanted to delete it on principle.
The picture is back up. And like I said, this is the same company that will bury people for much smaller things. As for the Paige/Del Rio thing, Paige was still estranged from WWE at the time, and Impact was far less of a threat as well.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Okay, wait. I had to switch to 50ppp to see it.

Two things:

- lol neither of those are me saying I think they were leaving. Stop reaching. I said the Bucks would end up there one day, and I still believe that. Just not this go around obviously.

- pulling a quote from a year ago makes zero sense anyways considering how much the situation has changed in the past few months with All In and such. Hell, All In wasn't even revealed at that point.

But I'm humbled that you're searching.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
hm they should lead to posts

"I think they're just trying to keep their brand valuable and use the threat of WWE to negotiate pay, but it's funny in Omega's case because the uncertainty may be keeping them from giving him the heavyweight title

Bucks have said before that they think NXT is good because it helps them get more money from their contracts"

"Bucks and Omega don't have contracts renewed yet why would they be advertised

They do this shit every time to negotiate and get the most money they can with a fuckton of leverage

They could go but it's nothing new"

you've posted all year constantly about "life-changing money" you don't get to be on the right side of history now, this is a place for winners who are correct!

Oh, I thought you were referencing my posts there.

But even then, I never told you you were wrong. Just that it seemed uncertain at those times. And I think it was uncertain until All In tbh. I said in August I thought none of them were going anywhere, but I still thought there was at least some chance. After All In and the weeks since, there's no chance.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
The Jr. match was my favorite. That went 0 - 100 as soon as the bell rang, lol.

The main event was fun, too, but everything else was ok.

Surprised Kenny mentioned the seats. Things did fill up a bit more but from where I was sitting I still saw plenty of empty seats.

I saw where Mauro was sitting. The crowd chanted mamma mia when he came out, lol. That's how I knew he was there.

Very surprised Cody won.

Status
Not open for further replies.