• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see HR getting the boot too. Hope the rest of the HR team lives through with their threat and follows their boss out the door.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the HR guy the one who said he and his team would quit if they are held responsible?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
You love to see it.

Bought Liberation again this morning, in which there is another long piece about sexual harassment at Ubisoft following the 1st one from 4 days ago.
Things need to change, in a BIG way.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Get rid of everyone who perpetuated this culture. I'm so frustrated with everything. So frustrated with people who let this fly.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
It's an alright start, more needs to be done. It won't mean much if the same misogynistic and abusive attitudes are tolerated or ignored by the new people in charge.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Good to see that people don't get to stay just because they hold one of the company's top positions.
But you have to wonder how much Yves has known for a while now, I find it extremely hard to imagine he hasn't known about allegations regarding these people until they became public.

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good first step but the job isn't done for Ubisoft yet. This problem goes beyond just three people. Keep that in mind.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UbisoftParis_Affichage_006Hascoet.png
UbisoftParis_Affichage_006Cornet.png

Hascoët, Cornet

DĂ©missions !

From the second poster: "What I understand is that Ubisoft will punish just a few people, the most visible, just to look good on the outside, but that they will save all the toxic people whose names have not come out fiercely. The goal has a date: The management hopes that we will not talk about the Ubisoft scandal in a week."

"Yves is OK with toxicity in the management, as long as the results of these executives exceed their level of toxicity."

Yeah, OK, so is Yves Guillemot going to leave Ubisoft too?

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok cool any news on if the CEO of the company will be taking responsibility for the actions of the company he runs?

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
It's a start. Hope they don't think that having some big name resigning will be enough. A lot of stories reported by Libération and Numérama weren't about them.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
Decent first step towards a better environment. Now what's next is to start taking steps towards changing that corporate culture that allows stuff like that to happen in the first place.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
It's a start.
But you have to wonder how much Yves has known for a while now, I find it extremely hard to imagine he hasn't known about allegations regarding these people until they became public.
There's no way he hasn't known the bulk of it. You don't have that position and not know when shit like that is goin down

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The statement barely acknowledges the nature of the cultural problems, or that there are cultural problems.

Acknowledge it at the start of Ubisoft Forward tomorrow, Ubi. (I mean, I know there's no chance of this)

We're not all going to magically forget about this.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
That's a start.

Keep it going though. They gotta clean the company until it is no longer a toxic place for the employees.

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The statement barely acknowledges the nature of the cultural problems, or that there are cultural problems.

Acknowledge it in Ubisoft Forward tomorrow, Ubi.

We're not all going to magically forget about this.
It's a prerecorded show, they won't. Just hope that they will acknowledge it within next week and not go like it never happened.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a prerecorded show, they won't. Just hope that they will acknowledge it within next week and not go like it never happened.

The plan is clearly to hope we forget about it in the long run - the quoted tweet above wasn't necessary for that to be obvious.

And all I want is a text statement prior to the show but they won't because they want it to not hit major public attention or to detract from their hype brigade. Also that there's everything to lose by doing so, and little to gain for them. This is all business to them, and the harm that has been caused is still less important to them than the potential harm to their business.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Serge was head of their Editorial staff for as long as I can remember. Every project went through him. Folks dread having their project go to Editorial.
I wonder why Yannis is leaving, cause he knew and did nothing? I was working at the Ubisoft Montreal studio when he took over.

Edit: Seems like its the reason why Yannis is leaving.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I struggle to see how Yves is capable of righting the ship here if he was aware of all this (And it's hard to believe he wouldn't have been).