• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
One Piece. Everyone says wait until Arlong Park but I enjoyed it before Arlong's arc.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The class quests in base ARR are damn good. XP just needs to be rebalanced so you can go MSQ/class quests to next MSQ/class quest. I spent way too much time in PotD.
The Job quests are definitely one of my favorite parts of the games.

Choosing a class is often just a way to differentiate fighting styles in RPGs but in XIV, you actually get stories certaining around these roles and occupations.

Want to be a chef? You get a chef questline. Want to be a Dark Knight? You get some weird Punisher arc. Its great.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The Job quests are definitely one of my favorite parts of the games.

Choosing a class is often just a way to differentiate fighting styles in RPGs but in XIV, you actually get stories certaining around these roles and occupations.

Want to be a chef? You get a chef questline. Want to be a Dark Knight? You get some weird Punisher arc. Its great.

I played Lancer/Dragoon which paid off big time in Heavensward.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
People always bitching about Angel season 4, where I think it was a fucking badass season. Yeah the Connor/Cordelia stuff is annoying, but everything else was great IMO.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
None of these types of recommendations have ever worked out for me.
At this point if something isn't working for me I won't give it a chance, end of story.

That said, I can't think of any TV or movies where the OP's scenario applies.
With games I love the first Assassin's Creed and actually thought AC2 was a massive downgrade, though. Unpopular opinion, to say the least.
I agree on Assassin's Creed. The first one had some subtle performances and a major Kingdom of Heaven vibe. The second one onward went very jokey summer movie hit.

Oct 27, 2017
Breaking Bad was great from the get go. Not sure what some people were smoking when they said that season 2 is when it gets good. Same goes to Better Call Saul.

Jojo Phantom Blood was also amazing. It was bizzare as hell when you first start watching it before knowing the rest of the manga. I also feel the same about part 3 where people say the second part is when it gets good, but for me it was great from the start.